Update on GT project - pics

murcivu

Not too much going on so far. Almost all of the panels are removed. Should be test fitting the GT panels this wk. Here are some recent photos:

DSC05435.JPG

DSC05450.JPG

DSC05459.JPG

DSC05466.JPG

Quick notes...the GT fenders are WIDE as hell!!! We just did a quick trial run. There's at least 2 inches from the edge of the tire to the edge of the fender. Most definitely will need a custom offset for the wheels. Will also be using the grey Cobra Misano seats. These seats will not just bolt up to the tracks. They will have to be modified in order to fit the tight cabin.

Awesome. Love the progress updates!

Thx!

can't wait to see it done, what color are you gonna paint it

balloon white

About that second pic...... Are you going to get wider wheels? or use spacers?

wider wheels plus custom offset

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Wow those will need to be some wide wheels to fill those arches, I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice. Wow those will need to be some wide wheels to fill those arches, I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

Another option is You might be able to use the 6.0 upper and lower A-arms to bring the front track width to stock 6.0 and GT track width, instead of getting a very wide offset wheel .

Another option is You might be able to use the 6.0 upper and lower A-arms to bring the front track width to stock 6.0 and GT track width, instead of getting a very wide offset wheel .

Hey...that's ingenious. I have to look into that. Thx!

Ouch! Just checked on the $...it's about a grand for each arm! Hmmm...I think I'll stick with wider wheels & bigger offset.

Ouch! Just checked on the $...it's about a grand for each arm! Hmmm...I think I'll stick with wider wheels & bigger offset.

That doesn't sound right. If your car doesn't have ps, take into consideration the effect the additional offset will have on steering effort.

Will the offset make the non-ps steering effort that much harder to turn? Then can you counter the effort with ps?

Fcuk...I'm such a dumas. Why don't I just get the GT arms? They're actually less expensive than the 6.0 I would imagine the mounting points are the same for all series?

Wait a min...when I look at the arms for all the series...they look all the same. So then, is the front subframe different for the 6.0 & GT? If that's the case, then switching out the arms wouldn't help.

I'm almost sure the dimensions of all the arms are the same, the offsets of the wheels are different. Look at stock sv front wheels then check the GT front wheels. If the arms were really different the dimensions of the rack would be different as well...

I'm almost sure the dimensions of all the arms are the same, the offsets of the wheels are different. Look at stock sv front wheels then check the GT front wheels. If the arms were really different the dimensions of the rack would be different as well...

The 6.0 arm are bigger than any other Diablo. I have the 91-99 and the 6.0, when i get to work Tuesday, i'll take some pics and measure them side by side, but the 6.0 is bigger.

So if the arms are the same dimensions, then the differences would be in the subframe and the offset...correct? If this is the case, then what's the best way to increase the track width?

The 6.0 arm are bigger than any other Diablo. I have the 91-99 and the 6.0, when i get to work Tuesday, i'll take some pics and measure them side by side, but the 6.0 is bigger.

Thx limey. This would help a great deal!

The Diablo 6.0 tracking width is not the same as the 199/2000 Diablo GT cars..GT cars are wider..

The Diablo 6.0 tracking width is not the same as the 199/2000 Diablo GT cars..GT cars are wider..

You're right Roy. But what I think he's trying to say is that by using a 6.0 arm, that'll bring me closer to the track width of the GT; thereby, minimizing the offset for the custom wheels. BTW...would you happen to know if the arms on your GT is longer than your 6.0?

Thx limey. This would help a great deal!

Here you go.

The one on the left is 91-99

The one on the right is 2001

side to side where they mount to the frame dimensions are identical, but the 2001 is 1.25" deeper, in other words, it will stick out 1.25" give or take further than the 91-99 model. Also, the shock tower mounts on the 2001 are wider as well, so new shocks would be required.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Thx. You ROCK Limey! I've been anticipating this all week. Now I know for sure this is the route to go to increase the track width. This the for the lower arm. Would you know if the upper arms are the same or different? Thx again for your help!