Ferrari P540 Superfast Aperta

Skyline818

Been around for a while now. There are a lot of things I think they did right, unfortunately the things they did wrong seem to detract an awful lot too. That color is not helping one bit.

is that a kit car?? if it isn't Ferrari lost the plot!

I believe its a one off for a customer.

I believe its a one off for a customer.

Yes it it. It was done through their "coachbuilding" program or w/e they call it. More or less, a 599 re-bodied to how this particular guy wanted it... interesting though to see how far they'll go for ONE car. I doubt creating a new body style is an easy process, and they did it for ONE car. BUT, everything has a price :)

Honestly I dont think it looks bad. The design was to pay homage to a classic ferrari that starred in some movie. Obviously its a 599 rebody and a one off. Here is what I found online about the car it was designed to mimmick "Carrozzeria Fantuzzi-designed Ferrari built specifically for the 1968 Fellini film, Toby Dammit, itself inspired by one of the tales of Edgar Allan Poe."

Yes it it. It was done through their "coachbuilding" program or w/e they call it. More or less, a 599 re-bodied to how this particular guy wanted it... interesting though to see how far they'll go for ONE car. I doubt creating a new body style is an easy process, and they did it for ONE car. BUT, everything has a price :)

they will glady do anything you want in the world, you just pick up the entire bill for everything involved

they will glady do anything you want in the world, you just pick up the entire bill for everything involved

Im pretty sure i remember Jim saying he heard one of those custom rebodied F430s cost more to build then his P4/5.....not 100% but pretty sure i read that over on Fchat

Im pretty sure i remember Jim saying he heard one of those custom rebodied F430s cost more to build then his P4/5.....not 100% but pretty sure i read that over on Fchat

If that's true that's just nuts!

I remember him saying the same, but could not confirm. Can't find the thread though.

I remember him saying the same, but could not confirm. Can't find the thread though.

Good, so im not making things up. It was a thread about the F430 abomination. At least the P540 looks like its modified a bit more. The F430 thing just looks like they put some stupid bodykit on a 430.

that could be true didn't he have Pinifarina do his and this one was done straight through Ferrari

that could be true didn't he have Pinifarina do his and this one was done straight through Ferrari

Ahhh yes good point!

How much did the P4/5 cost?

I know its "Enzo-based" so Im guessing north of 7 figures?

If so... fcuk that. $1MM+ for an F430?!? You can keep that shit.

Who knows...but realize the fact that he bought an Enzo, then they did all the R&D to make the P4/5 body be more aerodynamic then the enzo....so considering the Enzo was almost a 7 figure car, i would say thats a safe bet!

this car the superfast was based on the 599 but i still agree with you

I know the owner of this car. He's in Hawaii, he has two dobermans and I believe his employee drives it. The guy has a mustache, a perm wears a Hawaiin shirt and is named after a gun. His buddy flies a Helicopter.

Oh found a picture of the driver

magnum-pi-camera-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...