Super Trofeo in Brno

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't notice before the nose section of the car completely broken free! I guess the road car spec aluminium crumple zone is far beyond its design intention.

Sorry I meant the way it broke completely free, a bit too clean and symetrical, seems strange.

holy shit!!!

I had not seen that pic from that angle. I have been involved in crashes at much higher speed than the Lambo and i came out in 1 piece with just a few bruises. Roll cage looks useless, the seat bbelts are obviously not secured as there is no way the driver should move, especially not like that, and the way the car caught fire shows lack of preparation.

Lawsuit coming against Lambo for negligence in preparing the car.

i had a similar accident like that....losing control at 180km/h into a concrete wall..in a Porsche Cayman..the front didn't get ripped off though..it was smashed..but not ripped off like this Lambo..that's scary..and it didn't burn too..i walked out of it without injuries..the seatbelt was broken after the crash(not sure if it was suppose to)

i had a similar accident like that....losing control at 180km/h into a concrete wall..in a Porsche Cayman..the front didn't get ripped off though..it was smashed..but not ripped off like this Lambo..that's scary..and it didn't burn too..i walked out of it without injuries..the seatbelt was broken after the crash(not sure if it was suppose to)

Don't all Porsches have a steel chassis apart from the Carrera GT?

I watched the video and it does look like Manfred Fitzgerald was the one to pull out the driver. You never know someone's true character until it's tested in an actual life-threatening emergency. Manfred has no protective gear yet he got right in there and did a very selfless thing. Tons of respect to Manfred for what he did to help save the driver.

Are the fuel tank and oil tank placed anywhere different on the Super Trofeo cars? Does anyone have a cut-away drawing of how a Super Trofeo is different?

are those cars prepared by Lambo or Reiter?

I think the basic car is sent to Reiter who then build the race car. As far as I am aware, Lamborghini themselves don't actually build any race cars.

I think the basic car is sent to Reiter who then build the race car. As far as I am aware, Lamborghini themselves don't actually build any race cars.

I think you are right.

Are the fuel tank and oil tank placed anywhere different on the Super Trofeo cars? Does anyone have a cut-away drawing of how a Super Trofeo is different?

Same question.

Official Statement by Lamborghini Super Trofeo:

Preparations have begun for the next race weekend of the 2010 Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series, which will take place at Paul Ricard, France, on 2-4 July 2010.

Following the incident that occurred during round four of the series in Brno, Czech Republic, 42-year-old Italian driver Giorgio Bartocci has been repatriated to Italy from hospital in Brno.

• 6 months later...

incredible footage twilight... thanks for posting. Anyone hear any updates about the driver? Video still gives me chills watching it after all this time...

Manfred Fitzgerald was the one pulling out the driver. I asked Manfred how the driver was doing about two months ago. He said the injuries to the driver's legs were very severe. At the time he was moved from one hospital to another. I've not heard anything since.

Poor performance by the fire fighters... Think the people won't trained to handle such job... Look at them, they are around doing nothing for a good few mins.

poorer performance by reiter. this wouldn't happen to a porsche cup car. the driver hanging out of the car is appalling. :eusa_naughty:

Manfred Fitzgerald was the one pulling out the driver. I asked Manfred how the driver was doing about two months ago. He said the injuries to the driver's legs were very severe. At the time he was moved from one hospital to another. I've not heard anything since.

pissed me off to see that video...how can those idiots be there???!! Manfred is a hero...doing everything he could to pull the driver out...its a shame those idiots with protection(helmets and vest) didn't do their job to pull the driver out first..WTF is wrong with them...i could see why Manfred is so pissed..

but in that vid it was really shocking..driver wasn't even moving like he was already dead..hes really lucky to be alive..please update us on the driver if you have any news..hope he is recovering well..

The seatbelt system is definetly flawed. However, looking at those pics it seems as if it actually saved the rest of his body from serious burns. Definetly prevented his lungs from filling up with thick heavy black smoke. And I bet he would have been stuck in the burning car longer if he was fully strapped in.

The seatbelt system is definetly flawed. However, looking at those pics it seems as if it actually saved the rest of his body from serious burns. Definetly prevented his lungs from filling up with thick heavy black smoke. And I bet he would have been stuck in the burning car longer if he was fully strapped in.

Huh? He would of been wearing what everyone racing at that level is supposed to wear, a 5 point harness.

He fell half out of the car because the system designed to protect him failed, not because it was designed to release him from a burning car. If I had the option to stay secured in a burning car or the option for the harness to fail letting me fall out of the car and be squashed by the wall or by another car, i'll take the former. And as sexy and fast as the 560 is, I wouldn't race in one due to incidents like this.

The car also failed as it burst into flames. I've seen bigger hits and the cage has protected the driver and it hasn't caught fire.