Another Droid... Droid Shadow

el_chorizo

I've got the first Motorola Droid. I love the interface and most things about it, but the actual michrophone sucks on it. I'm looking to the HTC Droids for my next one.

Checked on Verizions website today. The Incredibles expected shipping date is 6/16. Since Im not up for an upgrade until the 11th I cant even get in line. Hopefully by the 11th it calms down or there is an Official release on a new phone.

Checked on Verizions website today. The Incredibles expected shipping date is 6/16. Since Im not up for an upgrade until the 11th I cant even get in line. Hopefully by the 11th it calms down or there is an Official release on a new phone.

I ordered my HTC droid incredible on the 18th, supposed to get it by the 6th. Hoping the shadow comes out within 30 days so I can compare and keep the better device.

Also, blk85, they let me order about a month before my upgrade date over the phone. Just call them, I wasn't due until mid June.

Also, blk85, they let me order about a month before my upgrade date over the phone. Just call them, I wasn't due until mid June.

Hmm, I guess Ill have to log on again and check that out. If you order online you get better prices though, thats why I want to do it that way.

The shadow is pretty much the same thing as the EVO 4g http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo...uperphone-armo/, so far that is up there on my to get list, but I hate Android. I have the HTC Hero right now, and it is absolute garbage. My previous phone was the Palm Pre, and it worked like a charm compared to my Hero.

The shadow is pretty much the same thing as the EVO 4g http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo...uperphone-armo/, so far that is up there on my to get list, but I hate Android. I have the HTC Hero right now, and it is absolute garbage. My previous phone was the Palm Pre, and it worked like a charm compared to my Hero.

What version of Android are you running? There is a huge difference between 2.1 and anything previous on Android. Plus, hacked ROM's make the phone MUCH better.... very fast. I wouldn't like my Droid nearly as much if I didn't have a custom ROM on it.

What version of Android are you running? There is a huge difference between 2.1 and anything previous on Android. Plus, hacked ROM's make the phone MUCH better.... very fast. I wouldn't like my Droid nearly as much if I didn't have a custom ROM on it.

That's my problem right there, I have 1.6 or what ever it came with. The 2.1 update was supposed to come out a long time ago but it didn't. I just think there are way too many Android phones for them to keep the software up to date. I have realized that my phone isn't a really popular, but still, at least give me 2.0 or something. That and my buddy has an Eris with 2.1, and well it's still garbage. I am still probably going to get the Evo 4g, and if I don't like it, it's going on ebay.

If you don't have 2.1 you are way behind already.

I have the Motorola Droid, and its worked great so far. The next round of upgrades with the Shadow and Droid 2 will be significant upgrades with Froyo 2.2. So now is not the time to go purchase a new phone. Wait till those 2 phones come out in July-August. Rumor has it that they might come out together as well.

I will probably opt for the Shadow because I don't like the slide keyboard on my Droid. But I'm going to monitor what comes out then make the call.