We are all decendants of aliens?

Rawr

I see another problem here. Guys like this usually have an agenda. They believe something, and twist every fact they come across into supporting their beliefs, or even fabricate "facts". If they find something contradicting their belief, no way are they going to mention it anywhere. When interpreting 6000 years old drawings and symbols with an agenda, you see what you want to see.

Most scientists don't have such an agenda. They want to know what happened, no matter what it was. Scientists are wrong all the time, but they also correct themselves.

no doubt he is trying to sell books, along with all the others who jumped in.

but it does make you think about where we came from. As far as I know, pyramid building is still all guesswork?

I read an article one time that stated that these guys that are spreading this alien creation stuff are trying to create a new unified religion. The article was well written and believable but I never read anything else on the subject.....

I'm most interested in the ancient artifacts that look like modern planes with wings and rudders that have proven to be aerodynamically viable. How do you explain them or the ancient egyptian model that had a foil shaped wing?

pharonicbird1.jpg

Im going with the Its a bird answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saqqara_Bird

Only if you find one without a stabilizer!

We'll never know for sure as there is evidence of something that could have been a stabilizer on top of the rudder.

You guys are missing one basic fact....that damn large haldron collider thingy in Europe. No doubt it will eventually rip the time/space continuum and we will have time travel where by we will go back and mess with the ancient civilizations via helicopters and airframe vehicles... :icon_mrgreen:

No doubt there have been many folks capable of coming up with the concept of flight...that were intelligent enough to understand the concept of lift, aerodynamics, etc. even if they didn't have the technology to fully implement it. And who is to say none of those gliders weren't ever built? We can not have discovered even a fraction of what went down in history, so I have no problem believing that there may have been manned flight prior to about 100 years ago. Things that made it more practical and more noticeable (i.e. the press) may not have been around in large enough quantities so that we could stumble upon it in some ancient trash dumping ground, but its still very possible.

Aliens though? :telephone:

We'll never know for sure as there is evidence of something that could have been a stabilizer on top of the rudder.

Even if there was it still wouldnt fly well. Bird of weather vane

http://www.catchpenny.org/birdtest.html

I recall my parents had a paper back book about the topic of aliens on earth back in the 70s. I will have to check my dads library tomorrow to see.

I think some of the carving that are shown here are interesting for sure.

. As far as I know, pyramid building is still all guesswork?

Imagine what YOU could do with a whole empire's resources, including 100s of thousands slave laborers, and a lifetime to achieve your vision. The pharohs beleived they were gods, had absolute power, so their pimping was on a scale beyond our modern day comprehension.

Good post Placid. There is zero scientific credibility to any of the alien theories, but tons of proof that ancient civilizations were very sophisticated, had deep, complex mythologies which consumed vast quantatities of national wealth, resources, artistic endeavor, creative energy etc.

We live in the age of science and commerce, primarily, we build the "big" shit either to make a buck or to gain knowledge, which is diametrically opposed to the ancients, who built these huge structures, and created the beautiful "airplane" art soley to pay homage to their gods.

Another thing that I find interesting is that if you look at human history there are points in our history where enormous leaps in developement occur. think of the airplane; from the first recorded flights to the developement of jet engine technology only took a few decades!! Compare that with automotive technology where the developement curve seems to have been quite a bit longer.

People may not realize how advanced the Germans were during WW2. They developed jet engine technology, stealth bombers and rocketry. In fact the entire space program of every country on Earth today is a direct result of their work. One has to question how they were able to devlope all of this technology; much of which was far advanced for their day.

We know Adolf Hitler had a strong interest in biblical mythology, and the occult. It has been said he was interested in acquiring the Ark of the Covenant among other biblical symbolic artifacts. Makes you wonder if they made any connections.

Imagine what YOU could do with a whole empire's resources, including 100s of thousands slave laborers, and a lifetime to achieve your vision. The pharohs beleived they were gods, had absolute power, so their pimping was on a scale beyond our modern day comprehension.

Good post Placid. There is zero scientific credibility to any of the alien theories, but tons of proof that ancient civilizations were very sophisticated, had deep, complex mythologies which consumed vast quantatities of national wealth, resources, artistic endeavor, creative energy etc.

We live in the age of science and commerce, primarily, we build the "big" shit either to make a buck or to gain knowledge, which is diametrically opposed to the ancients, who built these huge structures, and created the beautiful "airplane" art soley to pay homage to their gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIubSGIRPbM

start at 5:56

Also didn't they cut prefect holes in the stone that we can't even replicate now?

What about these scale models of ancient planes that they proved can fly?

small_planes.jpg

That's been a compelling series. If it were just a couple of things that defied answers from the past..

I thought the stone work that was done in Pumapunku was the most amazing piece in the series. Even with today's modern cnc machining most of the work done there would be challenging.

You guys are missing one basic fact....that damn large haldron collider thingy in Europe. No doubt it will eventually rip the time/space continuum and we will have time travel where by we will go back and mess with the ancient civilizations via helicopters and airframe vehicles... :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry, according to Stephen Hawkin, while time travel is theorectically possible(and possibly could be technologically possible in the future), you can only make the trip in one direction, to the future. Something about a Star Trek type paradox makes going back impossible by the laws of physics and the laws of cause and effect. This means that in order to fcuk with our dna, the aliens had to travel thru the future. Goes without saying that they brought their 20th century lookng helis and airplanes with them. :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/ar...me-machine.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIubSGIRPbM

start at 5:56

Also didn't they cut prefect holes in the stone that we can't even replicate now?

That was pretty funny. Past cultures built/created lot of things back then that can't be easily replicated. I have been to Eygpt, Cuzco and Machu Picchu, the Inca stone work was better than the Eygptian. Instead of putting these amazing acomplishments to aliens, give the ancients some credit, they were working with exactly the same dna, and natural intelligence as you have, they just applied it to different ends.

Sorry, according to Stephen Hawkin, while time travel is theorectically possible(and possibly could be technologically possible in the future), you can only make the trip in one direction, to the future. Something about a Star Trek type paradox makes going back impossible by the laws of physics and the laws of cause and effect. This means that in order to fcuk with our dna, the aliens had to travel thru the future. Goes without saying that they brought their 20th century lookng helis and airplanes with them. :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/ar...me-machine.html

fcuking awesome article!

fcuking awesome article!

This is pretty much identical to the script of an episode of from the "Into the Universe" series that aired on the Discovery Channel last month. The series was interesting, but it was more or less a dumb downed version of his book "A Brief Histroy of Time".

IF we could build a ship to travel to the NEAREST star, it would take more rocket fuel than THE ENTIRE MASS OF THE EARTH! Fun, but doubtful stuff.

IF we could build a ship to travel to the NEAREST star, it would take more rocket fuel than THE ENTIRE MASS OF THE EARTH! Fun, but doubtful stuff.

Yea, with todays technology. But the concept of antimatter makes it far more feasible.

For instance, the 1,680,000 lbs of fuel required to just get into space could be replace by a teaspoon of antimatter. This is purely theoretical of course, but it makes you wonder where technology can take us in the future.