Anyone curious how to ship a car to Switzerland?

m32

Car sold on 5/28 and was finally dropped off today for shipment. I snapped some pics and thought you all would like to see how they prepped and shipped the car.

With less than a 1/4 tank of gas, I pulled up to the warehouse and the salesguy and his crew inspected the car. They took pics of every inch of the car and inspected pretty thoroughly.

IMG_7244.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

Pulled the car inside the bay and backed it in. It was a pretty tight fit but it worked out no problems (didn't even scrape the front )

IMG_7256.jpg

Disconnected the battery and prepped the car to be blocked. Once it gets on the boat, we have to be sure the car doesn't move so they tie down the car by the wheels and screwed down the blocks onto the floor of the container.

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2004jpg.jpg

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2002jpg.jpg

Made sure the hood wasn't closed so once it arrives in Switzerland, they can easily connect the battery.

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2006jpg.jpg

I also had to ship the front differential, exhaust and axles (which was put in a box) that also had to be shipped.

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2007jpg.jpg

Blocked them too

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2008jpg.jpg

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2010jpg.jpg

And finally... ready to go to it's new home

TRITONCONTCAXU295854-2012jpg.jpg

Just thought you'd all like to see

Edwin

^ with that said... if anyone has a lead on either a black or white gallardo, please PM me! I prefer PM solely b/c the last thread I made in LP, someone snagged the seemingly perfect car at the perfect price from me after a fellow member posted up a lead on one. Thanks!

Edwin

My sister had to ship her truck to Germany and I recall her explaining a very similar procedure. They required her to get a complete detail of the truck before they inspected it. Then after it was strapped in the crate she said you could probably turn it upside down and the car would be stuck to the ceiling.

Wow..never seen anything like it! looks cool the way they do it..very safe..

thanks for sharing..but this is the wrong section..

Fact time for you according to an engineer that worked on the Mini.

The new mini went through the development process over here in Europe, everything went as could be expected.

They then cargo shipped 3 Minis to America where the batteries went flat. They did not tell the staff on the American side that the top of the door is frame less and when you pull the handle the window drops down. They also did not leave the bonnot open to get access to the battery.

The American crew found out all of this the hard way, three windows later.