Comfort Package question

ecks

Hi Guys,

I am a regular member at this site , but I do not post very often (I do post often at 6sponline). I have some exciting news that I wanted to share with the Lambo community and also ask a few questions , so hear it goes .

I have been trying to sell my LP640 for quite some time now and recently managed to trade-in my 640 for a factory order LP560. Now I am pretty sure of what all to get for the 560 , but am unsure of the 'comfort package'. I read up a lot of threads on the same topic , here at lambopower, and to my understanding , the reviews are polarizing. Some say that the difference (suspension-wise) is not even noticeable , while others say that the car wobbles at high speed corners and that one should never get that package. What everyone does agree on though , is that the seats feel great.

The reason I am considering the package is due to the comfort seats / extra cushion in the seats. Before I ask my questions , here are the conditions of use of the car :

1 - I reside in India and although Indian roads are not the greatest, the place where I live (Chandigarh and New Delhi) the roads are good enough that proper supercars can be driven with no worry's.

2 - The LP560 would be used maybe 2 times a week.

3 - It would not see any track-duty this year , but with the F1 track opening in New Delhi next year , I will track this car.

4 - The average distance this car will traverse when driven , would be around 15 -25 kms , max in a day.

Now with that out of the way , my questions are :

1 - Are the 'standard' seats (heated + electric seats) inherently uncomfortable that this package is a must-have?

2 - Can the 'comfort suspension' be replaced with an aftermarket suspension with stiffer springs/dampers?

3 - Are the standard seats not good for long journeys or are the comfort seats an added 'bonus' on long journeys? (long journey being 40 kms a day)

I will be requesting my local dealership to ask at the factory level if we can get the comfort seats without the softer suspension , but I have little hope that they would comply. Please help me out in making this decision , as I am placing the order on Monday (6th Sept.) .

My spec for my 560 is as follows :

2011 MY LP560

Verde Ithaca ext paint

Black interior with green stitching

Seats in perf leather

Branding package

Engine bay in CF

Travel Package + Electric and Heated seats

CCB's with black calipers

Cordelia rims

Steering wheel in perf leather

Lifting system

E gear

Bluetooth

Smoker version

rear view camera

Interior leather package II

Transparent engine cover + LED Light package

Style package + white side indicators

DRL's.

Thanks and Regards

-Karan

If you are going to track it..why not get a Superleggera?

Aah , I love the SL , but the 560's primary use will be weekly commute and not track days. I have the GTR and M3 tuned for track days and will add a Porsche next year for that very purpose. We even had the LP550 (e gear .. aargh!) and a 670 SV for sale at the dealership , but I wanted the 560 for the purpose of using a dd lambo.

Looks a decent spec, personal preference, but the only thing i would change is i personally don't like the green seat stitching on black (i looked at it) i have an almost identical spec car and i think white stitching looks better, unless you have green up the centres & doors that is.

Standard seats are reasonably comfortably but start to hurt after a couple of hours, heated seats is an option not standard with the electrics.

Looks a decent spec, personal preference, but the only thing i would change is i personally don't like the green seat stitching on black (i looked at it) i have an almost identical spec car and i think white stitching looks better, unless you have green up the centres & doors that is.

Standard seats are reasonably comfortably but start to hurt after a couple of hours, heated seats is an option not standard with the electrics.

I was considering White stitching as well but stuck with the green stitching .

Would you recommend I stick with the comfort package to avoid any discomfort at all? Have you experienced the comf package seats ? Also thinking about Q citura stitching .

Q citura is a great option that sets the car apart.

Forget comfort package. The seats are fine for at least 2 hrs driving. If you have special needs (previous back injury) then that's different. If you didn't have problem with your LP640 seats, then definitely don't need it since you don't want the softer ride.

I was considering White stitching as well but stuck with the green stitching .

Would you recommend I stick with the comfort package to avoid any discomfort at all? Have you experienced the comf package seats ? Also thinking about Q citura stitching .

YES! Do get the comfort seats. Unless you like very hard seats. They are available with the Q cintura stitch...Also not a fan of green stitching in a black interior. Looks wrong. Better to stick with black stitch if the interior is black, unless going with a bi-color sportive green/black interior.

Q-citura stitching is so hot! Definitely get that!

I like the green stitching.

Also why not VI brake calipers?...since you are pre-ordering, you can have the factory paint them green, no?

And the Callisto or Apollo wheels look the best on that car.

001.JPG

004.JPG

The spec of your new car sounds fine & congrats.

You have given us plenty of informative details about the car and your driving habits. That helps a lot. But while it may be a bit personal, the one very important piece of missing information is your physique. It is very difficult to judge on the comfort package or not without know the size of the driver.

It's been discussed before but generally speaking, the standard Lambo seats are fine as long as one does not have a long torso. Anyone not exceeding 6'1" (185cm) should also be fine. Were you okay with the seats on your LP640? If so, the standard seats in the LP560 should also be just fine. 40km/day should not be a problem at all distance-wise. But are there traffic jam involved in those 40km? Comfort seats are wider & with more padding, no big deal really. The standard suspension on the LP560 is, IMO, a fine balance balance between comfort and great cornering capabilities. Unless you suffer from back problems and/or have extraordinary physique or have a long torso, the standard seats should be just fine.

I would definitely get the Q-stitching. Don't think Q-stitching is available with comfort package though.

I have now decided to go for the Q Stitching and checked with the dealership that it is available with the comfort package.

Q citura is a great option that sets the car apart.

Forget comfort package. The seats are fine for at least 2 hrs driving. If you have special needs (previous back injury) then that's different. If you didn't have problem with your LP640 seats, then definitely don't need it since you don't want the softer ride.

The reason I sold the LP640 was because of extreme discomfort when using the car. Now I cannot isolate the discomfort being just because of the stiff seats or harsh suspension or what , but the seats did play a major role in my disliking of the car.

Q-citura stitching is so hot! Definitely get that!

I like the green stitching.

Also why not VI brake calipers?...since you are pre-ordering, you can have the factory paint them green, no?

And the Callisto or Apollo wheels look the best on that car.

I really want to get the VI brake calipers but homologation rules in in India do not allow for that particular color . Black/Grey/Yellow are fine. But I will get the calipers painted VI once the car arrives in India! Also , the apollo and callisto rims are very common on Indian- spec Gallardo's/560. I wanted my car to be unique and hence went for the Cordelia's. The pictures you posted are of the exact same spec that I want on my car , minus those rims! Are those seats in the picture the comfort seats or the normal ones? They look mighty comfy!

The spec of your new car sounds fine & congrats.

You have given us plenty of informative details about the car and your driving habits. That helps a lot. But while it may be a bit personal, the one very important piece of missing information is your physique. It is very difficult to judge on the comfort package or not without know the size of the driver.

It's been discussed before but generally speaking, the standard Lambo seats are fine as long as one does not have a long torso. Anyone not exceeding 6'1" (185cm) should also be fine. Were you okay with the seats on your LP640? If so, the standard seats in the LP560 should also be just fine. 40km/day should not be a problem at all distance-wise. But are there traffic jam involved in those 40km? Comfort seats are wider & with more padding, no big deal really. The standard suspension on the LP560 is, IMO, a fine balance balance between comfort and great cornering capabilities. Unless you suffer from back problems and/or have extraordinary physique or have a long torso, the standard seats should be just fine.

Your response to my query solves the entire problem that I was facing! I am 5'7 tall and fit in my 640 very easily. I have no previous case of back injury or any other body problems.

The long-commutes would not include long traffic jams , if any at all.

After reading all the responses , I am more or less sure that I will stick with the standard seats. I have anyways asked the dealership SA to check with the factory if I can opt for just the comfort seats and not the comfort suspension , under the Ad Personam category. Let's hope that I can get the best of both worlds! Will keep everyone updated on this.

Thank you everyone and best regards

-Karan

The reason I sold the LP640 was because of extreme discomfort when using the car. Now I cannot isolate the discomfort being just because of the stiff seats or harsh suspension or what , but the seats did play a major role in my disliking of the car.

Your response to my query solves the entire problem that I was facing! I am 5'7 tall and fit in my 640 very easily. I have no previous case of back injury or any other body problems.

The long-commutes would not include long traffic jams , if any at all.

Glad I could help.

From your physique and the lack of traffic jams, the standard seats will be more than adequate. The driving position of the LP560 is much improved over the LP640. IMO, the LP640 setting is off-set, the seats vs. the steering vs. the pedals are not in line and lower seat cushion is less padded and slightly closer to the floor (it is a bit wider though). The LP560 seating fixes all those problems. The seating is still firm but that's the way it should be --- to provide proper support to all those "spirited" driving but not rock hard to induce discomfort. Compare to the Superleggera, a standard LP560 is a bit "soft" already. (SL has sports suspension which is much firmer, the OEM sports seats are much less padded and with harder foam core, no vertical adjustment (just forward & back) and the recline angle is fixed (non-adjustable).) You should be perfectly fine with the standard power/heated seats configuration.

Remember to post pics when you get your car.

We have the comfort option on our G....and would get it again. Its plenty stiff and hard core...with this option. A stiffer suspension, seats etc would make the car not as fun on longer trips etc.

We DO track the car and had no problems...

Hi Guys,

I am a regular member at this site , but I do not post very often (I do post often at 6sponline). I have some exciting news that I wanted to share with the Lambo community and also ask a few questions , so hear it goes .

I have been trying to sell my LP640 for quite some time now and recently managed to trade-in my 640 for a factory order LP560. Now I am pretty sure of what all to get for the 560 , but am unsure of the 'comfort package'. I read up a lot of threads on the same topic , here at lambopower, and to my understanding , the reviews are polarizing. Some say that the difference (suspension-wise) is not even noticeable , while others say that the car wobbles at high speed corners and that one should never get that package. What everyone does agree on though , is that the seats feel great.

The reason I am considering the package is due to the comfort seats / extra cushion in the seats. Before I ask my questions , here are the conditions of use of the car :

1 - I reside in India and although Indian roads are not the greatest, the place where I live (Chandigarh and New Delhi) the roads are good enough that proper supercars can be driven with no worry's.

2 - The LP560 would be used maybe 2 times a week.

3 - It would not see any track-duty this year , but with the F1 track opening in New Delhi next year , I will track this car.

4 - The average distance this car will traverse when driven , would be around 15 -25 kms , max in a day.

Now with that out of the way , my questions are :

1 - Are the 'standard' seats (heated + electric seats) inherently uncomfortable that this package is a must-have?

2 - Can the 'comfort suspension' be replaced with an aftermarket suspension with stiffer springs/dampers?

3 - Are the standard seats not good for long journeys or are the comfort seats an added 'bonus' on long journeys? (long journey being 40 kms a day)

I will be requesting my local dealership to ask at the factory level if we can get the comfort seats without the softer suspension , but I have little hope that they would comply. Please help me out in making this decision , as I am placing the order on Monday (6th Sept.) .

My spec for my 560 is as follows :

2011 MY LP560

Verde Ithaca ext paint

Black interior with green stitching

Seats in perf leather

Branding package

Engine bay in CF

Travel Package + Electric and Heated seats

CCB's with black calipers

Cordelia rims

Steering wheel in perf leather

Lifting system

E gear

Bluetooth

Smoker version

rear view camera

Interior leather package II

Transparent engine cover + LED Light package

Style package + white side indicators

DRL's.

Thanks and Regards

-Karan

We have the comfort option on our G....and would get it again. Its plenty stiff and hard core...with this option. A stiffer suspension, seats etc would make the car not as fun on longer trips etc.

We DO track the car and had no problems...

But then why are there conflicting reports that the suspension is too soft for aggressive driving and that it causes torque steer / wobbles when cornering aggressively ? I am all for getting the comfort package but not at the cost of an inadequate suspension setup. Are there after market suspension kits for the LP560? That would solve most of my problems.

Are those seats in the picture the comfort seats or the normal ones? They look mighty comfy!

Not sure if they are comfort seats or normal seats. I just know they look damn good!