Bentley GT & flying spur daily driver

Lambo4ever

My friend went into 2 Bentley dealerships to look at certfied pre own CGT and flying spur and was turned off when he was told these cars can not be a daliy driver. He was looking to trade his S-class, he figured the first salesman had no idea what he was saying so he went to the next dealer an heard the same Bentleys cant be a daily driver?? an the most you can drive is 8,000 miles a year? That sounds insane. Does anyone here use there Bentley as a daily driver?

Hi Lambo4ever,

My daily driver is a '06 Spur with 36,000 miles that I purchased new and I love it !

My main concern is keeping the Spur clean and detailed, I could never disrespect the car

by letting dirt and brake dust build up and then run it through an automatic car wash :-(

If you are willing to put the time in to take care of the car it will last you forever !

Victor

post-1296-1283863824.jpeg

post-1296-1283863865.jpeg

Why would a salesman say that? Must not sell a lot of cars. Bentleys are great daily drivers....

Seriously. I doubt two seperate dealers trying to sell cars would say this especially since they are great dailys. Doesn't sound too credible.

maybe ur friend was more turned off by the fact that he couldn't really afford to do it? lol no salesman would ever in their right mind say something like that...

Your friend is full of shit, misunderstood, or he found the 2 dumbest salesmen on the planet.

I know 3 different people who drive their CGT's daily. They're fantastic cars! One of them had over 60K miles on his the last time I noticed (probably over 70K by now), and it still looks like new.

Im in the car buisness and I was like are you fcuking serious?? What dummy would lose a sale? Even if it was true dont tell the customer that.... I think he said you can only drive them 10K a yr or less? I know ppl with lambos that do more mileage than that in a year. If I was there boss I would fire them. Cmon, theres plenty of Flying Spurs in the city that are used as Limos. I'll call him tomorrow and let him know thats a BS story they told him. THANK YOU

Your friend is full of shit, misunderstood, or he found the 2 dumbest salesmen on the planet.

I know 3 different people who drive their CGT's daily. They're fantastic cars! One of them had over 60K miles on his the last time I noticed (probably over 70K by now), and it still looks like new.

This is a good point that usually isn't discussed but look at the interior/exterior of a car like a Bentley with 40-50k miles on it and look at a Ferrari after 10k. Its night and day how the quality of the materials hold up in the Bentley. In a Ferrari after 10k you need to fix bolsters, shrunken air bag covers, fucked up plastic switches etc. Even an expensive car like the Super America has its best feature (the roof) delaminating now with a 25k plus fix! After 20k miles on my old Arnage the thing looked pretty much like a new car.