Murci mods... Larini exhaust install complete (BMC filters too!)

Smoky

The Burtoni exhaust is OUT and I couldn't be happier about it! The new Larini system is in (sans primary decats...keeping the primary cats on for now).

Install wasn't bad at all. Had help from a few friends here (Thanks Jeff and NSXtoMurci!), and from a Fabspeed walkthrough on 6speed. Just following steps, and working through a few puzzles. Removing the arcane array of plumbing that was the paint-chipped Burtoni exhaust was 3/4 of the effort. Larini went in smoothly, but did have its own puzzles to solve. I needed to replace a few pieces of OEM exhaust hardware during the process, and Mike at Ricambi kept the parts flowing my way. The Larini is MUCH quieter and a much better note than the Burtoni. Smoother. Deeper. At WOT it sounds fantastic. Will get some GoPro clips soon.

BMC filters went in smoothly as well. Again, an easy job just a game of twister. No real pics there. BMC filter is thinner. Red. Gauze. It's a K&N basically. Built well. And I can really hear the both of them sucking air from 25%-75% throttle. Every gauze K&N-style filter that I have used on a vehicle makes this sound . One assumes it is then flowing more air. They aren't throwing any codes so I'm happy with that. :-)

Some pics:

P1120667.jpg

P1120672.jpg

P1120674.jpg

P1120691.jpg

P1120944.jpg

P1120947.jpg

P1120948.jpg

P1120959.jpg

Another nice install, those tips are 100x better than the quads

Thanks! Ya, the quad tips had been bugging me since before I bought the car. It feels great to get that remedied. Now, as I walk around the most beautiful car I've ever owned and enjoy it I don't have to make this visual "excuse" in my head when I get to the rear. It all flows as intended.

And sounds a ton better too. I tried to get some video last night but various technical issues prevented a clean shoot. Hopefully by this weekend I'll get another chance because the note is just so, so sweet. And NO drone in the interior. I can't get enough of it! If you shut the windows, then anything below in-town cruising is just a smooth burble. Even with the windows down it is just a nice rumble. The Burtoni got inside your skull after a while with the hum. All this is fixed now!

My car came with a Larini and I love it. No drone when you want to putt around, but sounds oh so sweet when you open it up. Took a little 6-hour roundtrip drive with the wifey and she was pleasantly surprised at the sound as well as the ride comfort! Granted we babied it going about 70 the whole way, and got about 14mpg, compared to my usual 6mpg lol

Looks so much better then the dated 4 pipes...congrats..

Thanks Roy!

Are you back from your road trip? Pics dude!!!

Nice work. Any pictures of the filters ? I didn't even know there was an aftermarket option ...

Nice garage by the way... Plenty of space, and a lift ?!!!

Nice work. Any pictures of the filters ? I didn't even know there was an aftermarket option ...

Nice garage by the way... Plenty of space, and a lift ?!!!

If I remember mine were made by BMC and are the same for the Diablo, Murci and LP640.

Russell

If I remember mine were made by BMC and are the same for the Diablo, Murci and LP640.

Russell

Yes BMC. I have no pics. I should have snapped one but a buddy came over and I got distracted with chit chat and forgot to take pics of those steps. Same size as the factory filter. Red border. Wire mesh. Red filter. Looks evil peeking out from the intake ducts with that red in there. :-) They are about half the thickness of the OEM paper filter, but they feel much more substantial.

And they sound GREAT! They make this fantastic "sssshhhhllllleeeesshhhh" sound when you get into the throttle. You can hear each airbox if you have the windows down. That is until about 85% throttle then it's just all induction whoosh.

I don't trust my butt dyno to make reports on increases, etc. And I don't have a baseline dyno to go by. But it does feel like progress. The throttle is definitely more responsive, which is saying something because this car already revs like mad.

I put the filter upgrade in the "something the factory should have done anyway" kind of mod. It works well with the car.

Good thing too, because there are no other choices that I've found!

Thx for the garage props. It's messier than I normally keep it but I'm amid several projects at once right now. And yes that is a Rotary Revolution lift. I promised myself when I bought this house that I'd get a nice four post lift to make my world easier. And it definitely has!

• 3 weeks later...
A quick video of sound clips. More coming soon.

Sorry Smoky I don't know how it sounds up close in person, but in this video I'm not happy with the sound at all :crybaby2:

Isnt the Larini setup on the quiet side?

Now its time to paint your mirrors black!

Ya quiet but a good note which is what I was after. At wot it's plenty loud. At cruise it's not intrusive at all.

And re: the mirrors, never! Body color ftw!

Looks and sounds way better. I have had good experience with Larini systems. Enjoy.