Gran Turismo 5.. . who's getting it?

Smoky

Who knows how to tune the suspension on a RUF Yellowbird? It's a pain in the ass to drive!!

I bought one of those and a Ruf BTR. Completely useless. That rear end shoots out with the tiniest touch of the wheel. Im sure if you google your question though someone will have posted a setup that works. Ive been gaining TONS of XP and cash doing the seasonal events today. The Bonus Races

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought one of those and a Ruf BTR. Completely useless. That rear end shoots out with the tiniest touch of the wheel. Im sure if you google your question though someone will have posted a setup that works. Ive been gaining TONS of XP and cash doing the seasonal events today. The Bonus Races

bonus races are amazing the first one had strict restrictions, so did the second one but they seemed to have dropped it within the last couple days

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the McLaren MP4-12C in the game but I can't decide if I like it or not. The styling of this McLaren is too subtle, reminds me of a Lotus.

McLarenMP4-01.jpg

McLarenMP4-02.jpg

McLarenMP4-03.jpg

McLarenMP4-04.jpg

McLarenMP4-05.jpg

McLarenMP4-06.jpg

McLarenMP4-07.jpg

McLarenMP4-08.jpg

McLarenMP4-09.jpg

eric, whast the F10 like? I assume thats the ferrari F1 car. Judging by your log a buddy gifted those to you? :-) also, thanks again for the redbull car. That thing Is perfect for b spec of winning races, leveling guys up fast, and taking car of the damn endurance bullshit.

I just received the F10 but I haven't had a chance to drive it yet. But for the B-spec endurance races I've been using my carbon X1. Now that car is completely insane.

X1.jpg

Is the carbon X1 the same as the one you gave me? I just love the fact that I can leave the cars go in the endurance and not have to pay attention to those long ass races...

How exactly did you guys get the X1?

I received my S.Vettel X1 for reaching B-spec level 35 and the carbon X1 was given to me in a trade for the S.Vettel X1.

You can also win the S.Vettel X1 for placing 3rd in the S.Vettel Challenges in Special Events which is unlock when you reach level 30.

Is the carbon X1 the same as the one you gave me? I just love the fact that I can leave the cars go in the endurance and not have to pay attention to those long ass races...

Yup, same one.

Honestly, both my LP640 and my LP670 drive like crap. My buddy got the game last thursday. He was a level 2 driver and I let him borrow my Alfa 8C for the seasonal challenge. He won that and it leveled him to a 16 from a 2. Needless to say it was tough to instantly get that kind of coin and level up before they had those around! I buy everything I see. I haev about 195 cars now so my friends always are trying to borrow shit for the seasonal challenges.

The LP640 is useless without Aero, unfortunately the LP670 without Aero doesn't fair much better..that said, it is faster if you can drive it on the edge...too bad the edge is so thin...i've posted some stupid fast times on some tracks but never was able to repeat it..it's too unstable...i'm sure adding proper downforce would fix it.

The Audi R8 is what the Gallardo should have gotten in the game..that thing is dirty fast. I had 110 and stopped, i bought the cars i wanted/liked and now i"m pretty much done.

Are you driving with or without assists? I need to have traction control on 1 or 2 for the LP640 and SV.

Yeah my R8 V10 is one of the fastest cars I own in the game. I pit them against each other on one track and see who gets the fastest time.

My go to test track is Monza. I haven't pitted my R8 V10 against my Ferraris or Lamborghinis yet but my quickest car that I've tested so far is my fully tuned McLaren F1.

i dont have many assists on traction control is on 1 (very low) and other wise shit is set to realisic has i can get it.

my fav is the gallardo and r8 v10

what view do you race with

I race from inside the car (you can see the driver working with the gears and wheel).i seem to go faster with this view compared to any other

its a shame you dont get a cockpit view for the Veyron

Hi all, I will be joining this gang soon.

I just bought a G25+simulator set for GT5, BUT, I got no GT5, nor PS3, Nor TV yet.

the experince was amazing, so hard to play.. even in the Intergra Type R.

I only use the cockpit view in practice mode but the rest of the time I use the bumper camera view.

The cockpit view shakes to much for me which make me lose my concentration.

I just took out my R8 V10 around Monza and didn't beat my best lap time in my similarly spec Gallardo but the lap times were so close that I'm sure that I could beat it.

Gallardo: 1:49.921

R8 V10: 1:50.887

My stock Veyron smoke both of them with a lap time of 1:40.112.

I use the in car view whenever I can. Especially when just practicing. But in a tight race, and certain race cars I use the front bumper view like Eric. In my Peugeot 908 HDi FAP its damn near impossible to see in the tiny little cockpit. So I cant like 6 seconds off my time at Sarthe driving front bumper compared to the in car. I bought the Audi R10 last night, and it is definitely slower then the Peugeot 908 but more fun to drive since it is open cockpit format. Ill probably buy another LP640 and LP670SV just so I can go full aero kits on both. I dont like the look of the kits so I want to have decently stock looking ones as well. Although I love how the 640 has what looks like an affolter wing on it!

I use the in car view whenever I can. Especially when just practicing. But in a tight race, and certain race cars I use the front bumper view like Eric. In my Peugeot 908 HDi FAP its damn near impossible to see in the tiny little cockpit. So I cant like 6 seconds off my time at Sarthe driving front bumper compared to the in car. I bought the Audi R10 last night, and it is definitely slower then the Peugeot 908 but more fun to drive since it is open cockpit format. Ill probably buy another LP640 and LP670SV just so I can go full aero kits on both. I dont like the look of the kits so I want to have decently stock looking ones as well. Although I love how the 640 has what looks like an affolter wing on it!

I only have ABS on at 1, everything else is off. I also only own production cars but my fastest cars are the Audi R8 5.2FSI, Mercedes-McLaren SLR (Seriously, kind of freaky, it's ridiculous on some tracks), the McLaren F1, Dodge Viper ACR, GTR, V-Spec GTR, Audi RS6 Avant and on some tracks my McLaren MP4-12C. That's in no specific order though, but my Ferrari's and Lamborghini's aren't that much slower than these cars. If I opt to add Aero on the SV, I'll probably be able to keep up with the SLR, R8 and Viper....it's already doing so, but again, very easy to fall off.

Overall though, my top five are probably: McLaren F1, Viper ACR, R8, GTR and the SLR.

Ive really only put them against each other on one track because I was curious to see what lap times they would run in the first endurance. I own all those cars you mentioned, not to mention everything else. Its actually kind of sad because I bet there are around 30 or more cars Ive never even driven...haha