Gran Turismo 5.. . who's getting it?

Smoky

I just read about the "birthday glitch." Some use it to cheat and get money. Others just to get their hands no 20 million dollar cars like the 330 P3.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read about the "birthday glitch." Some use it to cheat and get money. Others just to get their hands no 20 million dollar cars like the 330 P3.

It's not a glitch, the birthday gift meant to be in the game. It just wasn't meant to be exploited.

Now that PD has patched the game once again we can now backup our game saves and basically duplicate our garage. If you loan a car to someone it really doesn't matter if you get it back or not, you can just restore the game with all of your cars intact.

My new LP640.

San_Gimignano-LP640-1.jpg

San_Gimignano-LP640-2.jpg

San_Gimignano-LP640-3.jpg

San_Gimignano-LP640-4.jpg

Those renders come out looking so nice!! At first I thought "WTF this guy is hijacking our thread" lol!

You should send that puppy to UGR or Heffner next! :D

You should send that puppy to UGR or Heffner next! :D

I'm still upset you can't buy turbo upgrades for the Lambos in the game. :angry2:

Here are some pics of my G.

HighSpeedRingcopycopy.jpg

RedBullHangar-7copycopy.jpg

RedBullHangar-7_3copycopy.jpg

SanGimignano-TownSquarecopycopy.jpg

The bspec expert prize is the mclaren!? fcuk! and what car did you give them to win the classic car championship? I cant win that in a spec mode and although i now have the Ferrari 330 P4 and the ford Mark iV. But everything else i tried wont touch it. As for winning a McLaren, guess ill just make a blue one to match my white one.....

B-spec really isn't that difficult once you leveled up your driver. The key in the beginning is to give your driver a car that out powers the competition but also keep his temper between cool and hot. If his temper is too hot he will constantly mess up but if his temper is too cool the competition can easily catch and pass him. There have only been a couple very frustrating B-spec races so far but most of them aren't too difficult if you use the right car.

The McLaren F1 wasn't a prize car for winning a race, it was a random level 17 gift car for completing the B-spec Expert series. The McLaren F1 is not guaranteed prize car.

Ahh ok. Well since i already hvae one i wont be too upset if i dont end up with that. What car did you use to win the Historic Race car series and whatever the race is thats in the bottom middle?

I used the Ferrari 330 P4 to win the Historic Races.

I also used the Toyota Minolta to win the Gran Turismo All Star Series. I won the Minolta from the Extreme "Like the Wind" event with the Mazda Furai.

anyone tried it in 3D? I'm going to move the PS3 to my 3DTV and give it a try...

Just incase anyone else didnt know. GT5 is 3D.

Ive only heard about it. Never seen it. A coworker of mine bought a 3D tv and said COD Black Ops was incredible in 3D on it. You start the game up, it recognizes the 3D and asks if you want to play it in that mode. Makes me want a new tv so bad!

I wish that I could see in 3D but my eyes can't adjust to it due to astigmatism. :(

btw, thanks for your tips on the like the wind and classic race car race... :icon_thumleft:

Not a problem. Were you able to obtain the cars to beat those races?

Actually already had them. I was yet to try the 330 P4, but had tried the Ford Mark IV and got destroyed not realizing the lesser powered, but much light P4 was going to do incredibly well. The Furai was the one that really threw me off. Had no idea to try that, and honestly made for some great races but that thing is so dominant in the corners. That was the real challenge for me! My damn B Spec driver, even at an 18 cannot beat the classic sports car championship so im going to keep leveling him up some more and hope that makes it a lot easier.

anyone tried it in 3D? I'm going to move the PS3 to my 3DTV and give it a try...

Yep. The sky looks like it goes on forever, and all the numbers and dials look touchable. It's not worth buying a 3d tv for the game. But a 3d tv is worth having.

And also when you switch to 3d on GT5 TURN IT OFF before you plug your system into a regular tv, or it wont play GT5.

I tried it in 3D, looks good, get's tiresome on the eyes after a while.... there are some settings for effect level and convergence that I need to play with...

on another note, how much HP can you tune the Lambo's to in the game?

DAMN!! I bought the PS3 and the logitech wheel, a playseat racing seat, all just for GT5. Now, I have to go buy a 3D TV tomorrow!! lol. Sounds fun. I will post my opinions.

I tried it in 3D, looks good, get's tiresome on the eyes after a while.... there are some settings for effect level and convergence that I need to play with...

on another note, how much HP can you tune the Lambo's to in the game?

I got 760 on my LP560 and like 840 or something out of my SV. I forget what I got out of my countachs as i barely use them.

only got my LP up to 700HP.... still slow... I used my 845HP GT-R to beat most of the races, then won the Veyron and bumped it up to 1145HP with full weight reduction, the Veyron hauls ass now....

I got 760 on my LP560 and like 840 or something out of my SV. I forget what I got out of my countachs as i barely use them.

760 on my LP560 and 855/860 on the LP/SV. Be sure to get oil changes when you buy new and used cars guys, it'll boost the power up like mad. I didn't realize that until I did it to some of my cars:

C63: 860 - 895 from the first oil change

LP560 - 720 - 760 from the first oil change

SLR - 898 - 943 from the first oil change

RS6 - 899 - 945 from the first oil change

Viper - 916 - 962 from the first oil change

So oil changes make a big difference even on new cars! The Veyron hits 1217, you're running it without an oil change or full mods. If you didn't get oil changes done on some cars (even if you haven't driven it after you bought it or got it for free), give it an oil change, it looks like it doesn't need it but it will give it a power boost.

you have to get the oil change BEFORE you drive the car?

760 on my LP560 and 855/860 on the LP/SV. Be sure to get oil changes when you buy new and used cars guys, it'll boost the power up like mad. I didn't realize that until I did it to some of my cars:

C63: 860 - 895 from the first oil change

LP560 - 720 - 760 from the first oil change

SLR - 898 - 943 from the first oil change

RS6 - 899 - 945 from the first oil change

Viper - 916 - 962 from the first oil change

So oil changes make a big difference even on new cars! The Veyron hits 1217, you're running it without an oil change or full mods. If you didn't get oil changes done on some cars (even if you haven't driven it after you bought it or got it for free), give it an oil change, it looks like it doesn't need it but it will give it a power boost.