My ride and a question about Ford GTs?

Dmark22

You must've been in one that was terribly abused...

As to the interior I love the way it harkens back to the '60s Le Mans Ferrari killers and the purposeful look of it all. My paint is as perfect as the Diablo sitting right next to it in the garage.

Funny that you should talk about a car "grabbing you" - I quite agree. Not playing tit for tat, but that is EXACTLY how I felt about my 2002 Murci when I owned it. Kinda felt like a truck - 'course it was an early one and I

am sure the later models are much better. I just never had much of an emotional connection with it and was glad to sell it 6 months later. I probably will never buy another one.

The thing you shouldn't do is judge the FGT until you DRIVE it !-- OH MY GOD! It is EASILY the best driving exotic I have had the pleasure of ever laying hands on. While I love my Diablo, there is no doubt as to what is the

best driving car. The Diablo is sensory, raw, and fun to go fast in. The FGT (mine has the supercharger belt upgrade - 750 hp!) is blindingly quick and will blow any Lambo off the road in a quarter mile contest.

That being said I understand your feelings too about a car grabbing you and you gotta go with your gut.

Congrats on your Murci - they are beautiful!

Mark

Sonny, this is the more accurate post....

I'm sorry you cannot appreciate a legend in the FGT.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonny, this is the more accurate post....

I'm sorry you cannot appreciate a legend in the FGT.

It isn't a legend the GT40 is. I would rather have a superformance GT40 than a ford GT. That I can appreciate !

You must've been in one that was terribly abused...

As to the interior I love the way it harkens back to the '60s Le Mans Ferrari killers and the purposeful look of it all. My paint is as perfect as the Diablo sitting right next to it in the garage.

Funny that you should talk about a car "grabbing you" - I quite agree. Not playing tit for tat, but that is EXACTLY how I felt about my 2002 Murci when I owned it. Kinda felt like a truck - 'course it was an early one and I

am sure the later models are much better. I just never had much of an emotional connection with it and was glad to sell it 6 months later. I probably will never buy another one.

The thing you shouldn't do is judge the FGT until you DRIVE it !-- OH MY GOD! It is EASILY the best driving exotic I have had the pleasure of ever laying hands on. While I love my Diablo, there is no doubt as to what is the

best driving car. The Diablo is sensory, raw, and fun to go fast in. The FGT (mine has the supercharger belt upgrade - 750 hp!) is blindingly quick and will blow any Lambo off the road in a quarter mile contest.

That being said I understand your feelings too about a car grabbing you and you gotta go with your gut.

Congrats on your Murci - they are beautiful!

Mark

It was a brand new car less than 500 miles. It just doesn't give me any excitement. I dont care about quarter mile times or I would ride my motorcycle. I would love a superformance GT 40 but we can't buy them in Canada.

It was a brand new car less than 500 miles. It just doesn't give me any excitement. I dont care about quarter mile times or I would ride my motorcycle. I would love a superformance GT 40 but we can't buy them in Canada.

Like I said, the Murci doesn't give me any excitement - and more are being built every day as opposed to the FGT.

Different strokes for different foks,,

Mark

It isn't a legend the GT40 is. I would rather have a superformance GT40 than a ford GT. That I can appreciate !

Actually I think if you nose around the internet and differing site you will find the Ford GT is becoming quite a legend. Its owners buy additional

units to put in their garage as one apparently is not enough!

The GT40 race car of course is the father of this car and is quite a legend. Lets just say the FGT is a "Legend in the making" to a lot of people

Best Regards

Mark

Actually I think if you nose around the internet and differing site you will find the Ford GT is becoming quite a legend. Its owners buy additional

units to put in their garage as one apparently is not enough!

The GT40 race car of course is the father of this car and is quite a legend. Lets just say the FGT is a "Legend in the making" to a lot of people

Best Regards

Mark

They made 5000 of them. That doesn't make a legend especially with no racing history like the original gt40. The popularity of the car is amazing but baffling

Like I said, the Murci doesn't give me any excitement - and more are being built every day as opposed to the FGT.

Different strokes for different foks,,

Mark

Murcielago has ceased production and they made almost the same amount as they made ford GT

Murcielago has ceased production and they made almost the same amount as they made ford GT

Man you love to debate! OK here is my take - The Ford GT is a better car than the Murcielago

Here is your take - The Murcielago is a better car than the Ford GT

I have an asshole

You have an asshole

Any questions?

LOL

All the best and Merry Christmas!

Mark

They made 5000 of them. That doesn't make a legend especially with no racing history like the original gt40. The popularity of the car is amazing but baffling

Actually, they made 4,063 of them of which over 500 have been wrecked or destroyed. And its only baffling to you because YOU HAVEN'T DRIVEN ONE!

Just sayin ;)

Man you love to debate! OK here is my take - The Ford GT is a better car than the Murcielago

Here is your take - The Murcielago is a better car than the Ford GT

I have an asshole

You have an asshole

Any questions?

LOL

All the best and Merry Christmas!

MarkW

I do love to debate. I never said the murcielago was better I said I don't understand the appeal of the ford gt now that I have been close to one and in one. If it's strictly a speed issue then there are lots of cars that are faster. That is all.

I do love to debate. I never said the murcielago was better I said I don't understand the appeal of the ford gt now that I have been close to one and in one. If it's strictly a speed issue then there are lots of cars that are faster. That is all.

I feel that if you actually drove one, got to feel its incredible torque, its responsiveness to turn in, its excellent creature comforts, its cold AC that works even in the hottest weather, etc. etc. then you might appreciate why they have

such appeal. That and a $700 clutch change if you need it (how much does the Murci cost to change the clutch again?)

I'm sorry, I guess I like to debate to ...:)

Cheers.

I feel that if you actually drove one, got to feel its incredible torque, its responsiveness to turn in, its excellent creature comforts, its cold AC that works even in the hottest weather, etc. etc. then you might appreciate why they have

such appeal. That and a $700 clutch change if you need it (how much does the Murci cost to change the clutch again?)

Cheers.

No point in trying to change his mind. It's one of the best cars ever created, thats why its legendary. It's that simple.

Cheers.

Sounds all good. Just doesn't do it for me. Based on all that a GT3 RS would be better and faster

GT is a great car jus not for me.

My FGT was superior to any lamborghini or for that matter any other exotic that I've owned. Ford just got that car right, no ifs and or buts about it.

Sounds all good. Just doesn't do it for me. Based on all that a GT3 RS would be better and faster

GT is a great car jus not for me.

Dude I owned a GT2 (!) and it wasn't even close to being as fast. Puuullease..

The Ford GT is a great car, just wish they didnt use the Focus steering column, door opener switchs and ford explorer front hubs.

Dude, my 6.0 has a fiat key, Nissan headlights and ford parts in the fuel system just to name a few. So what?

Dude I owned a GT2 (!) and it wasn't even close to being as fast. Puuullease..

You are now being totally ignorant. Read the back of road and tracks latest issue road test summary.

ford GT o to 60 3.8 o to 100 8.8 quarter mile 12.2 @ 121.6

Porsche GT3 o to 60 3.7 o to 100 8.3 quarter mile 11.8 @ 119.5

not even the RS!

You should really do some research before you post

The Ford GT is a great car, just wish they didnt use the Focus steering column, door opener switchs and ford explorer front hubs.

How are these serious flaws? As in why bother talking about such trivial issues?

You are now being totally ignorant. Read the back of road and tracks latest issue road test summary.

ford GT o to 60 3.8 o to 100 8.8 quarter mile 12.2 @ 121.6

Porsche GT3 o to 60 3.7 o to 100 8.3 quarter mile 11.8 @ 119.5

not even the RS!

You should really do some research before you post

Nah. Road and Track got a 0-60 of 3.6 for the GT with the quarter mile coming in at 11.7 at 125.8. Your GT3 times are correct though. To quote a wise man "You should really do some research before you post."

How are these serious flaws? As in why bother talking about such trivial issues?

Nah. Road and Track got a 0-60 of 3.6 for the GT with the quarter mile coming in at 11.7 at 125.8. Your GT3 times are correct though. To quote a wise man "You should really do some research before you post."

Nah i'm looking at the magazine right now and again these are GT3 times

And the ford GT times are correct.

Nice try

Nah i'm looking at the magazine right now and again these are GT3 times

And the ford GT times are correct.

Nice try

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparis...430-vs.-ford-gt

"The Ford's driving dynamics are sensational. The 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 engine blows out 550 bhp and 500 lb.-ft. of torque that will send you rocketing away from the start line even at part throttle. We measured the 0-60-mph time as 3.6 seconds with the Gulf Oil car (a shade quicker than the first GT we tested in the December 2003 issue), and covered the quarter-mile run in 11.7 sec. at 125.8 mph — "Awesome!""

I never said they are serious............I did say its a great car.........by the way congrates on your new car Dmark22, any pics yet?

I never said they are serious............I did say its a great car.........by the way congrates on your new car Dmark22, any pics yet?

My bad. :icon_thumleft: