"The Habitable Spaces" crazy ideas thread and my fun project.

Fortis

Fortis, the only downside to your concept that I see is the fact that you didn't come out with it sooner :D

Definitely would've made my house construction a lot less frustrating and more in control.

The system that we have here is that the builder constructs model homes, load them with extras, then it becomes a guessing game on what is standard....making it very easy to go over budget. The other thing about choosing options here is that all my appointments with supplier have to be made in an order (meaning I can't jump the gun and start choosing for my kitchen cabinets before choosing my roof shingles). So that even if you put aside an amount of $$$ for extras, you'll find that when you'll get to the interior finishings, it becomes more challenging to stay within budget.

I'm not saying that my builder is bad, in fact they do great work compared to many that I've seen (that's why I chose them in the end), I just wish things would be made easier so that I know beforehand what I'll be getting and for how much.

Let us know when the website would be up and running as I would like to see how much easier it cold have been ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will let you guys know, I should have it up in less than 6 months.

Choosing your options will be as easy as filling out an online survey price and 3D renderings of the option will pop up total price will change automatically on each page as you browse if you noticed that you gone over budget you will be able to manipulate it but deleting some of the options that you could possibly add later if your budget doesn't allow you at this stage.

I am looking forward to getting it done the more automated the system will be the better the price for our customer and less work for me :icon_mrgreen:

Few renderings done by a guy that wants our work, done off 2D plans they obviously aren't the finished product, just test shots that he put together for us fairly quickly.

I like the guy I think we will go with him, what do you guys think?

test_001_room1_empty.jpg

test_001_room1_full.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Fortis, I just stumbled across this thread, I'm in the building industry in Australia too and am very interested to see what you're coming up with here!

I'm building my first development now using traditional methods and would love to see something to cut the time down for construction, keep us posted on your progress and all the best with it!

Sounds good Motivated, we are currently designing our range, the first 10 homes should be out in about 90 days, I will have 30 plus in the range.

We are in the process of obtaining a patent on our material and finishing off the website.

I expect deliveries to commence in the last quarter of this year.

Good luck with your development, the rain is killing us here :eusa_wall:

Fortis, I think what you're doing is fantastic for the Aus market! Im not sure about over east but here in WA our land and labour prices are getting ridiculous and waaay overvalued, so anything that can deliver a home at better prices and value will be a hit!

:icon_thumleft: