This might seem like an odd question, but...

CRXLoon

Romandad, we are the same size, and I had the same problem with my size 13 Nikes being just too wide. So I measured the width of my shoes, then took the tape measure to the mall and checked probably 20 different models of shoes. Puma has some really narrow shoes, but they looked gay. The narrowest shoes I could find that I didn't feel would make me look like a total dork when getting out and walking around (people will be checking you out when you get in/out of a CT) were the old style Van's slip ons. They were a full inch narrower than my Nikes. Give them a try.

As for the wheel, I'm pissed I didn't know about the adjustment earlier, as I ended up passing on another CT I found locally selling at about half of what I paid for mine (it did need lots of work though). The seller was only about 5'5" and neither of us could figure out how to adjust the steering wheel. I just assumed I was too big until I was at Bobileff's and they showed me how to adjust the wheel. So I bought the car.

Good luck.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still havent heard back on a price yet.... So as far as I know, they havent set one yet...

I dont have ENORMOUS feet... I measure a size 12, but have often found myself fitting better in sizes 10-11... I have a pretty narrow foot.... Which is why I cant figure out the foot thing.... maybe I just need to spend more time "learning" the peddles by feel instead of sight...

As far as the steering wheel (and other) adjustments- Does anybody have an owners manual or other diagram of this procedure that we could upload as a PDF? I think it would be REALLY helpful to us prospective buyers... In the alternative, could somebody post some digital photos of the various levers?

Clearly, the car I was in has not been driven in 20+ years.... 300 miles on the Odometer... sounds like delivery miles to me... From what the salesman says it is part of a collection, and was crammed in between 5 or 6 other cars and thus was UNABLE to be driven conveniently.... Driver probably sat in the thing and said "christ... this steering wheel is too low.... PARK IT!"

FWIW

I drove the car with just socks.

I only use a size 9 1/2 / 10 shoe.

The car does require some adjustments on your part :heart: .

I'd have to dig out the owner's manual, and I don't have a scanner here. I will try to do it at work tomorrow unless someone beats me to it, but here is a picture from the workshop manual that shows the lever. It's #36 in the picture. It's on the lower right of the steering column. It's a good sized lever, you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

Well, there went my dream of owning a CT someday. But I'd rather have a Diablo anyway. I'm 6'3" and a little overweight. I think I have size 15 feet.

I just so fit in a Diablo comfortably. The last time I sat in a CT I was about 12 years old and it was tight!

Well, there went my dream of owning a CT someday. But I'd rather have a Diablo anyway. I'm 6'3" and a little overweight. I think I have size 15 feet.

I just so fit in a Diablo comfortably. The last time I sat in a CT I was about 12 years old and it was tight!

Try driving with just socks. - It works.

• 4 weeks later...

I drove one last week, just like everyone else had the poster on the college wall, I read so much about how the Pantera had a bad seating position, and not to consider it if you are 5'11" or more. I am 6' 170 lbs, and let me tell you I fit the Pantera so much better, I felt like a circus monkey in the Countach. My head hit the headliner, my size 12 shoes are way to big for the pedals. I moved the seat all over the place with not much luck. Nothing like a slap of reality. I still want one, it will end up being garage candy anyways.

• 1 month later...

OK... My observations on this issue (having overcome them).

The '89 anniversary model is trumpeted as having more comfortable seats- BULLSHIT!

I felt cramped in the 89. Especially through the hips... I HAVE NO SUCH PROBLEMS in the pre anniversary seats...

Sorry Roman, I like the 25th interior except the steering wheel.

I like the 1978 interior :shock:

I still might see if I can remove the bracket and bolt the seat to the floor... Hell, that thing aint doing me any good anyways... "ALL THE WAY BACK in both directions."

I discovered another interesting thing today... You cant see the front of the car from inside it... (the wing actually gives an idea of where the rear end is)

Im sure its something Ill get used to, but that explains the neccesity of the door open reverse...

I am 6' and my brother 6'4" and we both fit fine in the Countach. You just need to have the steering wheel as far out as possible and the seat tilted back (there is a kind of rocking mechanism). The only Countach to aviod would be the Anniversary as the seats are different and give less headroom.

Funnily enough I find the Countach more comfortable than the Diablo. On the Diablo the door intrudes into the cabin more and you end up banging you head against it in corners.

Sorry Roman, I like the 25th interior except the steering wheel.

I like the 1978 interior :shock:

here it is one 78 interior for you( not my car) ;)

kif04869zq.th.jpg

love that interior, and the vintage stereo. :heart:  countach  :heart:

if you like this, here you are some of my 78's, my love:

lamborghinicountak0153kc.th.jpg

lamborghinicountak0167os.th.jpg

lamborghinicountak0194zp.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There had to be some serious modifications done to the car for Karl Malone to drive a CT... My guess they would have had to find about 4 or 5 inches of leg room, and at least 3 inches of head room for it to be POSSIBLE let alone comfortable...

Ive heard they can remove some of the material BEHIND the seats to make them travel back further... that might buy 2 inches... And theres plenty of room behind the peddles to move them forward a few inches... Not sure if thats even possible though.

I guess the seat bracket would have to come out and bolt the seat right to the floor... That might buy an inch or two of headroom. Is this even possible?

Sounds like it would still be tight.