This might seem like an odd question, but...

CRXLoon

I would love to see you in a countach Jay.It would take a lot of WD40 :mrgreen:

WD40, Crisco, and whatever else ya have :)

As if seeing my head stick out 6 inces over the windshield in a Jalpa wasn't funny enougth :lol: :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool pic Jay !

CRX - The Diablo has alot more room on the inside. I am only 5' 6." I do not worry about anything (dimensions) when buying a car. I had plenty of room in the C/T.

I am sure you will have no trouble with a Diablo. There is so much more room on the inside.

Perhaps you can purchase custom thin seats on the C/T, and bolt them directly to the floor ? There has to be another inch or more available ? Go look at a car in the U.K., and check how much extra room is under the seat.

I am sure you will have no trouble with a Diablo.    There is so much more room on the inside.  

Perhaps you can purchase custom thin seats on the C/T, and bolt them directly to the floor ?   There has to be another inch or more available ?  Go look at a car in the U.K., and check how much extra room is under the seat.

Yes, good suggestions; even the odd 1/2" here and there would be good. I'm sure there must be ways around it. I'm quite into the idea that a bespoke seat could be made by a racing company, as i think underdog mentioned; there are quite a few racing circuits around my neck of the woods, with the accompanying businesses that provide parts etc.

Not given up yet...

Let me say this about that........

Definately don't give up the thought. The Countach has really cool looking seats that absolutely suck. There is a ton more room in the cabin available if you change out the seats to something in a racing variety and bolt them to the floor. Several factors affect the lack of apparent room and why taller people may not have the problems you might think.......

1) The floor angles down such that the further back the seat goes the lower the "butt point". Taller people have sometimes had more headroom in my Countach than I have.

2) People range widely in the proportion of their upper half and bottom half. My legs are short relative to my overall height (5'8"). So I have to pull the seat close to get proper pedal positioning, but that smashed my head into the roof. My very tall friend, who slides the seat back, is perfectly comfortable because there's a lot more headroom at the back end of the seat travel. If you have long legs and a short torso, you're perfect for the car.

Try it in all seat positions, and with a seat in and out. I am probably going to take my seats out and get something custom put in to better fit me. Besides, the lumbar and side support suck.

Good Luck.

Steve -

You may want to consider "upgrading" to a Diablo; if all the interior dimensions of the stock C/T suck !

+ the Diablo has "better" A.C. It will be like on auto-pilot at 28K feet.

Of course the C/T has a better stereo ! A Weber 8-track :mrgreen:

...The Countach has really cool looking seats that absolutely suck.  There is a ton more room in the cabin available if you change out the seats to something in a racing variety and bolt them to the floor...

1) The floor angles down such that the further back the seat goes the lower the "butt point".  Taller people have sometimes had more headroom in my Countach than I have.  

2) People range widely in the proportion of their upper half and bottom half.  My legs are short relative to my overall height (5'8").  So I have to pull the seat close to get proper pedal positioning, but that smashed my head into the roof.  My very tall friend, who slides the seat back, is perfectly comfortable because there's a lot more headroom at the back end of the seat travel...

Try it in all seat positions, and with a seat in and out.  I am probably going to take my seats out and get something custom put in to better fit me.  Besides, the lumbar and side support suck.

Good Luck.

Am i right in saying that the seats in the Countach are not true recliners?

I seem to remember reading that they had a kind of tilt mechanism, but that the seat back was rigidly fixed to the seat. If this is the case, then the originals are what we refer to in the UK as "bucket" seats.

So, if i were to "try" a Countach for size, based on the premise that i can (just) fit in with the standard seats, then i would have even less of a problem with after-market race seats, bolted straight to the floor.

Of course, if/when i come to sell the car, (haven't even bought it yet :roll:), it would have a pair of original seats without my contribution to the wear and tear.

It is looking more and more likely that i could find a way around this.

...If you have long legs and a short torso, you're perfect for the car...

Wooo-hooo, that's me to a ""T"!

I'll try to make the next scheduled UK meeting on 15 May, but i'm planning to be in Spain that week for a break. Nothing booked yet, so that could be on for me.

I owned a QV and a Diablo a few years back with my brother - I'm 6' and he's 6'4".

We both fitted them no problem - in fact the Countach had more headroom as on the Diablo the doors slant into the cabin more so you often catch your head on the frame of the door in corners. Pretty silly considering it was a much bigger car...

Craig

I owned a QV and a Diablo a few years back with my brother - I'm 6' and he's 6'4".

We both fitted them no problem - in fact  the Countach had more headroom as on the Diablo the doors slant into the cabin more so you often catch your head on the frame of the door in corners. Pretty silly considering it was a much bigger car...

Craig

Did your car appear in EVO a few months ago, in an article about second-hand supercars? I think it was a red Diablo with a red-piped snowcorn interior.

Cool pic Jay !

CRX -  The Diablo has alot more room on the inside.   I am only 5' 6."   I do not worry about anything (dimensions) when buying a car.   I had plenty of room in the C/T.    

I am sure you will have no trouble with a Diablo.    There is so much more room on the inside.  

Perhaps you can purchase custom thin seats on the C/T, and bolt them directly to the floor ?   There has to be another inch or more available ?  Go look at a car in the U.K., and check how much extra room is under the seat.

5'6= :lol: :lol: J/k

Allan I have no clue about the J/k ? If it is that "bad" please PM me !! LOL.

Ok... Im 6'2 (or so) and weigh 270... (I'm not a TOTAL lard ass... I played division 1A college football, and have that "type" of build... of course...that was a decade ago, and I've put on a few "extra" pounds since then) ... I'm one of those short torso, long legged freaks...

I've been in love with the Countach since I was 13 when My mom and I saw one parked on the side of the road in Laguna Beach (it was a 5000S and that has always been my favorite model)... for reference, I'm pushing 35 now...

Well, I'm finally in the financial situation that I can start thinking about getting a Countach... No rush... I don't plan on getting one TODAY... But I'd like to slowly educate myself over the next few years and then pull the trigger when the right car becomes available at the right time... (My wife and I are planning to buy a new house in the next few years, and one of the things we want is a three car garage so we have room for a Lamborghini.... MY WIFE IS COOL! :supz: But that has to happen before I buy the car...)

But I'm afraid I may not fit... Does anybody have any suggestions about "finding one to try on"? I know if I owned a lambo, I wouldnt wan't some giant fiddling with my seats...

(also, this is totally off topic, but how does one post a picture? I am terrible at all this internet stuff)

Well, thats good to hear... I can always go on a diet.... But shrinking is not quite as easy...

Ok... Im 6'2 (or so) and weigh 270... (I'm not a TOTAL lard ass... I played division 1A college football, and have that "type" of build... of course...that was a decade ago, and I've put on a few "extra" pounds since then) ... I'm one of those short torso, long legged freaks...

I've been in love with the Countach since I was 13 when My mom and I saw one parked on the side of the road in Laguna Beach (it was a 5000S and that has always been my favorite model)... for reference, I'm pushing 35 now...

Well, I'm finally in the financial situation that I can start thinking about getting a Countach...  No rush... I don't plan on getting one TODAY... But I'd like to slowly educate myself over the next few years and then pull the trigger when the right car becomes available at the right time... (My wife and I are planning to buy a new house in the next few years, and one of  the things we want is a three car garage so we have room for a Lamborghini.... MY WIFE IS COOL!  :supz: But that has to happen before I buy the car...)

But I'm afraid I may not fit...  Does anybody have any suggestions about "finding one to try on"?   I know if I owned a lambo, I wouldnt wan't some giant fiddling with my seats...

(also, this is totally off topic, but how does one post a picture?  I am terrible at all this internet stuff)

Welcome to L/P.

I'd suggest looking on eBay or the DuPont Registry for C/T's for sale in SoCal at Dealerships, then go there and sit in one. Otherwise, there is usually a meet once a month at Crystal Cove in Newport Beach. Maybe someone will show up with a C/T.

As far as posting a pic-

You can't use the quick reply box - you need to click on Post Reply - then look down and click on Add Attachment, then scroll through your computer to add a pic.

-James Miller

• 1 month later...

WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!! I finally got to try one on for size, and although, IT WAS TIGHT... I FIT!!!!

I had about an inch of headroom left, plenty of room side to side... The steering wheel seemed a little "low" and my right knew was up by the shifter....

The biggest problem I saw was that my feet didnt seem to fit... The peddles seemed so close together that I couldnt imagic driving it with normal shoes on (however, If I take OFF the tennis shoes I wore I lose over an inch in height...

So... Does the steering wheel adjust at all?

The biggest problem I saw was that my feet didnt seem to fit... The peddles seemed so close together that I couldnt imagic driving it with normal shoes on (however, If I take OFF the tennis shoes I wore I lose over an inch in height...  

So... Does the steering wheel adjust at all?  

I had the same problem in my LP400S with my feet. I could only drive it with a certain pair of tennis shoes I owned that were snug fitting. With my dress shoes you could forget about it. With the QV I have no problem at all no matter what shoes I have on.

As far as the steering wheel goes, it is adjustable both telescopic and tilt. Along with the steering wheel the seat is adjustable for not only forward and back, but they sort of roll on their tracks. This allows you to set it for a more reclined position where your knees will be high or set it for a more upright seating position, but your knees will be lower. Play with all of these adjustments and you will find a comfortable driving position.

OH MAN!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! The wheel seemed "too close" to me and "too low" Since those are both adjustable, IM HOME FREE BABY!!! Not only will I fit, ill fit with COMFORT!!!

I had at least an inch of headroom (could feel my hair touching the roof, but I have "tall hair" It rubs the roof of my M3 and thats how I know I have the seat "right")...

Story is kind of funny...

The car is at a dealership... I walk in wearing my usual garb... SMITHS T-shirt, and say "Hi there... I saw you had a Countach in the window.... Is that it outside? Is it for sale???"

"Uh... That car only has three hundred miles on it...." (you cant possibly afford it you slob...)

"OH THATS AWESOME!!!! IS IT FOR SALE (you dumbass... answer my question)"

"Um we haven't put a price on it yet.... (Get out of my store you creton)"

"Im looking for a CT and Im not sure I can fit... Do you mind if I try it on for size???" (Show me the car A-hole)

"Um Its a totally pristine car.... You have to be very careful... (you fat F&*$)"

"OK..." (I'm NOT FAT!!! I'M BIG BONED GODDAMNIT!!!!)"

Get to the car... (I've had about enough of his attitude... this KID is looks like he's about half my age)... Put my left hand on the scissor door, so my wrist is right in front of Mr. Tude's face... (Flash $10,000 Rolex Daytona)... Suddenly, his attitude melts away, and Im his best friend.... Hell, as chumy as he gets I half expect him to try to bugger me when I bend over to get in....

"so.... You have any suggestion on how to get in???"

"Yeah... Put your right foot in, then put you butt down, and SLIDE in.... Boy, Lamborghini sure wasn't nice to you big guys.... until the Diablo came along.... We might get one of those in soon... " (Any interest in a more expensive car???)

Aside from having trouble getting my right knee under the stearing wheel, I SLIDE IN LIKE A PRO.... Grab all the controls, adjust the mirror... and am satisified it will fit me just fine...

then comes time to get out, and I pop out without very much problem at all.... And, now that I have a plan of attack, I could hop in and out without problem... And if I lose ten pounds, all the better!)

Now... How do I adjust the steering wheel and seat cantor??? Where are the "levers" and how do they work??? As much hesitance as I got, it would be nice to not have to ask,( he didnt know anyway) or fumble.

OH MAN!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!  The wheel seemed "too close" to me and "too low"  Since those are both adjustable, IM HOME FREE BABY!!!  Not only will I fit, ill fit with COMFORT!!!  

I had at least an inch of headroom (could feel my hair touching the roof, but I have "tall hair"  It rubs the roof of my M3 and thats how I know I have the seat "right")...

Story is kind of funny...

The car is at a dealership... I walk in wearing my usual garb...  SMITHS T-shirt, and say "Hi there... I saw you had a Countach in the window.... Is that it outside?  Is it for sale???"  

"Uh... That car only has three hundred miles on it...." (you cant possibly afford it you slob...)

"OH THATS AWESOME!!!!  IS IT FOR SALE (you dumbass... answer my question)"

"Um we haven't put a price on it yet.... (Get out of my store you creton)"

"Im looking for a CT and Im not sure I can fit... Do you mind if I try it on for size???" (Show me the car A-hole)

"Um  Its a totally pristine car.... You have to be very careful... (you fat F&*$)"

"OK..." (I'm NOT FAT!!! I'M BIG BONED GODDAMNIT!!!!)"

Get to the car... (I've had about enough of his attitude... this KID is looks like he's about half my age)...  Put my left hand on the scissor door, so my wrist is right in front of Mr. Tude's face... (Flash $10,000 Rolex Daytona)...  Suddenly, his attitude melts away, and Im his best friend.... Hell, as chumy as he gets I half expect him to try to bugger me when I bend over to get in....

"so....  You have any suggestion on how to get in???"

"Yeah... Put your right foot in, then put you butt down, and SLIDE in....  Boy, Lamborghini sure wasn't nice to you big guys.... until the Diablo came along....  We might get one of those in soon... " (Any interest in a more expensive car???)

Aside from having trouble getting my right knee under the stearing wheel,  I SLIDE IN LIKE A PRO....  Grab all the controls, adjust the mirror...  and am satisified it will fit me just fine...

then comes time to get out, and I pop out without very much problem at all.... And, now that I have a plan of attack, I could hop in and out without problem...  And if I lose ten pounds, all the better!)

Now...  How do I adjust the steering wheel and seat cantor??? Where are the "levers" and how do they work???  As much hesitance as I got, it would be nice to not have to ask,( he didnt know anyway) or fumble.

Did you bring the dog with you ? LOL

I am glad you fit ! I never had to mess with the steering wheel too much. I can fit in anything. If I remember the wheel adjustment is just to the left, of the steering wheel hub. It should have two adjustments. I am sure a tall owner can help you with these issues.

Don't you just want to slap the arrogant know-all salesman ? I also have a funny salesman story. I had an "appointment" with an F salesman. At the time I had a garage queen BMW. Well the battery was dead. I had to take the Corolla ! I am sure he was impressed. It also has the entry level steel wheels.

Buy the Countach. You will love it lhump

You will get used to the poor visibility of the car.

Im going to see what price they put it at... this one is "not EXACTLY" what I want.... But damn.... It is close... Once I make up my mind Ill let you all know where it is, so you can inquire...

Now... How do I adjust the steering wheel and seat cantor??? Where are the "levers" and how do they work??? As much hesitance as I got, it would be nice to not have to ask,( he didnt know anyway) or fumble.  

Hey Romandad, now that you sat in one your done for. It'll eat at you until you buy it, believe me I know. :twisted:

As far as the steering wheel adjusment lever goes...it is located on the under/right side of the steering column, just slightly under the dash. It is a plain metal (not painted) lever that you need to pull down and towards you. They are pretty stiff so don't worry about pulling hard. After you pull the handle then you can manipulate the wheel and push the lever back into it's original position and it will be locked in place. As far as the seat goes there will be two handles under the front. Reach down between your legs and the "straight" handled lever directly in the middle is the rake adjustment. Pull it to the left and you can roll the seat back and forth until you get comfortable, then click the lever back to the right. The "L" shaped lever over to the right is for forward and back adjustment.

A couple of other levers that are good to know are as follows. A good ways under the dash, to the left of the steering column will be a lever that feels like a trigger. Pull this lever towards you and it will release the front bonnet. Two others are on the drivers door sill. When you open the door you will see two chrome levers side by side. Pull the outside one and it will release the trunk. The inside one will release the engine bonnet. Good luck!

Romandad:

The spotlight is on YOU.

You need that beast :twisted: for the August drives. The clock is ticking.

That is a real Lamborghini !!!! Good luck. You're car is waiting.

Hey Romandad, now that you sat in one your done for. It'll eat at you until you buy it, believe me I know. :twisted:

. Good luck!

I fear you're right....

I had the "bug" before.... Now its growing into a full grown fever....

Thanks for the switch info... I actually printed it out and Im going to study it...

Thanks all... ill let you know when Ive made up my mind...

shorten off your legs through surgery. :axe: I heard alot of people in Korea have their legs lengthened in surgery, so why not the other way around?