Arsenal Vs Barca

capt_chaos

I was only able to watch the second half but woooooow.

Great movement of play, just majestic. I can only liken it to playing chess, you think you know the moves, you know what is going to go where but this guy comes along and slots a load of moves together that you did not ever think could work.

Beautiful game.

Barca seemed to 'coast' thinking 1-0, but Arsenal played well start to finish and were rewarded late. The two best possession teams in the world did not disappoint, team play at the highest level!

OT, Gattuso needs a straightjacket, what a thug!

one thing I noticed is that the Arsenal players looked relieved it was over, but not celebrating like you would normally with a win over Barca...instead they looked concerned, like they were thinkin' 'oh shit, we have to not lose by more than one goal against Barcelona, or we are done here'. With everything on the line, can you imagine having to face Barca? Gonna be a GREAT 2nd game.

Gattuso is a fcuking moron, just the behavior I'd expect of a guy like him...

I didn't watch the arsenal game, but I'm glad Arsenal won. Since Spain won the WC I dislike every Spanish player that was there , so no barca or real madrid. And I think Messi is overrated, at least Ronaldo scores once a game which isn't the case for Messi.

congrats to Arsenal for beating Barca! But it's not over yet, they still need to play at the Nou Camp and Barca have a crucial away goal...should be a great 2nd game.

1-0 and Barcelona goes through but considering how these two teams play and Barcelona being at home... 1-0 seems the most unlikely result.... Getting a 1-0 at Emirates would have been amazing for them? Should they lose, that "greatest team" label may take a huge tumble. 3-4 years of this great play of soccer and only one champions league. i don't want to pose the question but it may have to be asked. With so man spanish players and messi on the team having played in the world cup , and given its now mid-feb, is Barcelona getting tired?

First time I have heard someone say Messi is overrated, I think he is the best player in the world right now by a good margin.

Messi and Ronaldo are tied at 24 for top scorer, while the rest of the season will be interesting I think Messi will be the golden boot winner at the end.

Barca may not have been at their best yesterday but you only have to look back to the last R Madrid game to show when its a big game, they come to play.

I think they could turn over Arsenal 3 or 4 at Camp Nou.

First time I have heard someone say Messi is overrated, I think he is the best player in the world right now by a good margin.

Messi and Ronaldo are tied at 24 for top scorer, while the rest of the season will be interesting I think Messi will be the golden boot winner at the end.

Barca may not have been at their best yesterday but you only have to look back to the last R Madrid game to show when its a big game, they come to play.

I think they could turn over Arsenal 3 or 4 at Camp Nou.

:iamwithstupid:

Yeah, that was a great much. I fvcking hate Barcelona so i was very glad about the way it turned out. Also good game for young (20) Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczęsny. His celebration of Arshavin's goal was pretty funny :D

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_szczesny2.gif

2m41sh5.gif

fencdk.gif

17654-471aebec8c45fc2c0527098552e76c27..gif

post-11539-1298047109.gif

Nathan, there is another one where he is playing an accordian. :)

Arsenal have some great characters. The arrogance of their attacking force is comically brilliant.

Bendter quotes this year are just hilarious, he has had to give up skiing therefore that justifies his massive wage. Arshavin, celebrated his goal by lifting his shirt - to show a t-shirt of him celebrating a goal on it! Plus the Q&A section on his website features regular gems.

The second round is going to be immense.

I can kind of see what Soup is saying about Messi, he is good but made to look better by his ball supply. Iniesta and Xavi are the core magicians and Messi adds to it.

Bit of a pointless conversation piece but I wonder if Messi was to move to another team where the supply was not as good would he be as good?

I think this is backed up by the relativity poor show from the so-called superstars in last summer's world cup, take them away from their supply chain and the media hype does not total correctly.

I would have preferred Arsenal and Barcalona as the actual final, they present a great version of the game but if one of them goes it will show that there are other ways to play the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Total BS , people need to stop hyping barca so much. Their game is great but arsenal definitely had a chance (even though it had way less ball possesion) to kick barca out of this game. The ref was a total idiot for giving van persia a 2nd yellow.

Unfortunately, as a Barca fan, i knew the game was cheapened once van persie got that second yellow.... it cheapened the domination the Barcelona had.. The penalty was the right call but once they got the third goal, Arsenal was in "we dont realize that if we score its over" mode. No effort whatsoever with the exception of bendtner's half-chance. Messi's goal was....i have no words to describe.... and the movement on xavi's goal sums up Barcelona on the night.

I'm a huge Man United fan but Barca showed today (and last game, even though they lost) how far ahead they are of all the others. After RvP's horrible second yellow the game died but even before then Arsenal couldn't even hold on to the ball, two passes and boom, lost it. It was pretty funny to watch when Barca created a chance, Arsenal got the ball, replay of the chance, cut back to the game and Barca had the ball again. Countless times..

They are so aggressive in their defense that even the worlds second best "possession team" couldn't even get the ball to the offensive half of the pitch..

The best team to ever play the game IMO.

This current Barca team is the best team ever assembled, they are that good.

No way Barca are hype, they are the real thing.

Barca is on a totally different level it is unfair for whomever comes against them, they play some of the best games I've ever seen, always a joy to watch.