Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

Performance will be fine. Thats a given. I've never driven an SV but from what I've heard from people that have, say it's the best Lambo yet... So this being, as light as an SV, stiffer and more hp..... 0-60 in 2.8secs, 215 mph or so top speed, 700hp. Its gonna run well, and please from the performance aspect. That again isnt really the issue. Its where they could've gone design wise, without "alienating the current buyers" (whatever that means). Like I said maybe it's the direction that Lamborghini Spa prefers to go with the familiar, "family lineage" look to previous cars. Again it looks fine better than anything out.....................If it were a refresh.

As a brand new car to continue charging forward carrying the black bull flag, the signature epitome of a supercar? I think it takes more than adding cuts and more angles. It looks nice but it should knock the rails off the track, blow our heads up awesome, make us run out to the dealer NOW, and beg for a slot on the list, the moment 007 posted those pics................ but it didnt.

Some of you may think this is an unfair comparison because of a different price point, but from a design visual exterior standpoint............if I was a 12 year old boy that had to choose which poster I'd want to put on my wall; The Zonda F would come before the LP700. Why cant they make something as visually stunning as that?

I hope the name isn't Aventador either. It's doesnt sound good in any language, it doesnt flow, and sounds stupid.

Murcielago and Gallardo are two of the sweetest names ever, up there with Zonda.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may think this is an unfair comparison because of a different price point, but from a design visual exterior standpoint............if I was a 12 year old boy that had to choose which poster I'd want to put on my wall; The Zonda F would come before the LP700. Why cant they make something as visually stunning as that?

I think you answered your own question...

Because they don't have to. They can stamp their brand on just about anything and half the Middle East will still come running, half of LA will still want one for 5-mph cruises up and down Sunset, half of Defjam Records will still call in sick and head to the dealer, and half of China will still cash out 1% of their stock portfolio and buy one. :icon_mrgreen:

It wouldn't surprise me if in a private discussion Lambo's brass were to say: "You know what guys, we could do all that shit. Load it to the gills with tech, make it more wild than the Sesto Elemento, and have it cost about $400k. The problem is our margin would go down the tubes, and guess what, we'd still sell the same amount of them. Because the majority of people around the world that buy this car have no clue even what kind of engine it has, let alone whether it's adaptively adjusting its suspension 400 times per second as it rolls down the road..."

:lol2:

And there probably is a lot of truth to that. This car isn't a worldbeater visually, or otherwise, because it doesn't have to be.

That sucks, but what can you do. Follow the money.

I do like it for what it is though: A cheaper, more lux, better equipped, faster, and MUCH better handling, LP670-SV-Reventon. I can live with that. :monkeyleft:

Because they don't have to. They can stamp their brand on just about anything and half the Middle East will still come running, half of LA will still want one for 5-mph cruises up and down Sunset, and half of China will cash out 1% of their stock portfolio and buy one. :icon_mrgreen:

It wouldn't surprise me if in a private discussion Lambo's brass were to say: "You know what guys, we could do all that shit. Load it to the gills with tech, make it more wild than the Sesto Elemento, and have it cost about $400k. The problem is our margin would go down the tubes, and guess what, we'd still sell the same amount of them. Because the majority of people around the world that buy this car have no clue even what kind of engine it has, let alone whether it's adaptively adjusting its suspension 400 times per second as it rolls down the road..."

:lol2:

And there probably is a lot of truth to that. This car isn't a worldbeater visually, or otherwise, because it doesn't have to be.

That sucks, but what can you do. Follow the money.

I do like it for what it is though, a cheaper, more lux, better equipped, MUCH better handling, LP670-SV-Reventon. I can live with that. :monkeyleft:

Thats a great point... So true. And don't get me wrong, it'll be fine. It WILL drive like a beast, I do think it's pretty menacing, and will look amazing in black or the red.

I was just hoping for a little more "smack-me-in-tha-face" hotness.

Just to raise the conversation to a new level - Its like your complaining PETSHOPBOYS always sound like PETSHOPBOYS

Just to raise the conversation to a new level - Its like your complaining PETSHOPBOYS always sound like PETSHOPBOYS

:lol2: Great analogy.

I'm sure we would be if the headmaster supremo of the Pet Shop Boys fan club had a fight with the lead singer. :lol2:

Mako, I can't say I always feel this way, but great posts. :icon_thumleft: :lol2: Lambo is developing its own identity and its own following.

Because they don't have to. They can stamp their brand on just about anything and half the Middle East will still come running.....

Mako, I read today that most pundits feel that what's now happening in the Middle East, is the biggest change in that area since the fall of the Ottoman Empire ! It's going to be a very different place; I wonder how it will effect the future of exotic car sales?? :eusa_think:

I've heard that the LP700 will enjoy shift times of 50MS from an employee at a Lambo dealership, but who knows how reliable a "rumor" they tell you about is.

The PR said 40% faster than Gallardo egear. Sa, if the 560 had 120 ms shift time, the Sl was even faster, it is now in the 50 ms range for ISR.

After looking at this compro from another board, its clearly evident to me that the Lp640 looks far better then either the Reventon, and the Lp700.. The only car worse than the lp700 for being a total clusterfuck is the 25th Anniversary..

I never thought I would live longer enough to hear you say that, a few months ago at the LA private showing as soon as they took the cover off the LP700 I turned to my friend and said the exact same thing and posted my opinion here thinking no one would agree. It doesn't mean I will go out and buy a 458 but I will go down to the garage and polish my LP640.

I never thought I would live longer enough to hear you say that, a few months ago at the LA private showing as soon as they took the cover off the LP700 I turned to my friend and said the exact same thing and posted my opinion here thinking no one would agree. It doesn't mean I will go out and buy a 458 but I will go down to the garage and polish my LP640.

I will convince you on the 458 :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah....The 640 is so clean, now that I've seen this. It's a mess to me. Not ugly in any way, but just..........not...........quite..........there. Just doesn't flow. Lines that go nowhere, just angles for no apparent reason, etc. And I think I remember guys on here saying just that after they came back from the private showing. Almost like Lambo tried too hard to keep the reventon theme. Tried too hard.

I'd bet if an LP700 and 640 are sitting next to each other, it'd be hard pressed to dominate the attention of passers-by, (imagine an SV)..

Rear is ugly. First part of the car I don't like.

That too though is par for the course with every Lambo the past 10 years. They just haven't gotten it right since the Diablo on any model or variant. Sesto Elemonto rear-end was much better (but of course didn't have to pass safety/crash regs being non-certified).

Still feel it looks better than even the SV, but not by much...

Rear is ugly. First part of the car I don't like.

That too though is par for the course with every Lambo the past 10 years. They just haven't gotten it right since the Diablo on any model or variant. Sesto Elemonto rear-end was much better (but of course didn't have to pass safety/crash regs being non-certified).

Still feel it looks better than even the SV, but not by much...

Better than an SV? Thats it.. Im banning you

The new doors look like Lambo copied Honda Civic Lambo doors..

I agree, looks aftermarket.

Better than an SV? Thats it.. Im banning you

SV is too dated now, from the headlights to the rear end. I do like the contrast bits and the add-on parts of the rear diffuser and wing but the core of that design is 10 years old now.

In 20 years we may very well look back and think "Allan was right, the LP700 was just a tacky ricer version of a Lambo with a bunch of bullshit gimmicks to hide its shortfalls" but for now I'm enjoying the little details.

Like for example the black-contrast air-intakes all over the car, those are actually great surface elements. Can't imagine how boring the side intakes would be without them, and if they were rounded as they were on the mules.

That stuff may get stale fast, but for now it seems to fit.

Rear is awful however the more I look at it though, can't stand any asymetrical shapes that should be squares, as the black air exits are. Freaking "Bizarro-Superman" version of proper design, I don't need some painter in his cubist phase designing intakes or exits. Square is fine. :rolleyes:

Before I go any further first of all, the LP-700 looks good.

HOWEVER, Im agreeing with Allan... I expected more.. And More different.... Sure it's going to have better presence and look better than the 458 and MP4-12c (it's a different segment). The LP640 already looks better than those two. Shit, an LP560 looks better than those two cars, even an older Gallardo. That's not the point, guys.

For a Lamborghini car replacing the Legendary Murcielago AFTER 10 YEARS, I would want MORE. Sure it'll be imposing and pretty hot in person. I like it, but it's NOT the WOW I expected...

Not even the technology sets itself apart from the rest of the other cars out or coming out. Sure it sets itself apart from the Murci, but again.......to me thats not the point. This is the New flagship of the MOST iconic supercar builder in the world (pretty soon that'll be Pagani, as soon as the first Huayras start showing up in US showrooms); You MUST be different and ahead. In ALL aspects of tech. (I'll get to the looks in a second). Lamborghini is FINALLY putting things in a car that has been done with others a loooong time ago.

I wanted to see this LP-700 raise the game across all boards the same way the CGT did 7 years ago. To me it hasn't. So what if it has 700hps and finally a CF tub.

You guys remember when the Reventon came out and everyone was complaining and laughing that all it was, was a rebodied LP640 with different body panels? How quickly you guys forget. I know part of the outrage back then was the fact it costs a million dollars for simply new panels but........in a sense, as already mentioned in this thread, this LP700 isnt too far off from the Reventon......

Does this now make people a fan of the reventon? All of a sudden? Because to me, Im just looking at a Reventon update, for half the price. This is what, I'd expect the "newer" reventon to be if it was a full production car. Nothing new just a little different.

And THAT is precisely the problem. This is the flagship, the head honcho of the marque. It's not supposed to look like anything else made by the company. Too many Gallardo and Reventon cues. Maybe that's a Lamborghini thing to incorporate the familial traits of all cars in the marque, but I don't think it's a very good marketing plan.

Think Ferrari for a second. EVERY model of car they make looks DISTINCLY different from each other. From the 458, to the Cali, the Scaglietti, 599 and all the way up to the Enzo. How "different" is the Enzo from anything we've EVER seen from Ferrari (or any other car maker for that matter)? It's beauty may be debateable to some, but it's differentiation to anything out there and its physical prowess is to this day still top of the food chain on the street. The LP-700 is Lamborghini's Enzo, but isnt so different than what we've already seen. THATS the cause of my slight disappointment.

BTW, is it confirmed yet that it will in fact be called Aventador?? :eusa_think:

Performance will be fine. Thats a given. I've never driven an SV but from what I've heard from people that have, say it's the best Lambo yet... So this being, as light as an SV, stiffer and more hp..... 0-60 in 2.8secs, 215 mph or so top speed, 700hp. Its gonna run well, and please from the performance aspect. That again isnt really the issue. Its where they could've gone design wise, without "alienating the current buyers" (whatever that means). Like I said maybe it's the direction that Lamborghini Spa prefers to go with the familiar, "family lineage" look to previous cars. Again it looks fine better than anything out.....................If it were a refresh.

As a brand new car to continue charging forward carrying the black bull flag, the signature epitome of a supercar? I think it takes more than adding cuts and more angles. It looks nice but it should knock the rails off the track, blow our heads up awesome, make us run out to the dealer NOW, and beg for a slot on the list, the moment 007 posted those pics................ but it didnt.

I hope the name isn't Aventador either. It's doesnt sound good in any language, it doesnt flow, and sounds stupid.

Murcielago and Gallardo are two of the sweetest names ever, up there with Zonda.

Yep, great take on things.

Just throwing my 2c in and take it a little further regarding styling:

The only car Ferrari made that is reinvented properly is the Enzo, and it is an aquired taste at best. Without going into details all other F-cars recycle that many design elements it does my head in. Ferraris recycling isn't as obvious as Porsche or Aston Martin but it is all over their cars. Bugatti, McLaren and Pagani do the same.

This is the first new Lambo model to reuse design elements in such an obvious way and I agree they went a bit overboard pulling ideas from the Gallardo. Using the Reventon ideas isn't so bad, I've always loved that car apart from the front bar which could be toned down a touch, anyway there is only a small number of those cars that exist. Back in the day the Murcielago borrowed the engine cover slats from the Miura, front boot and tail lights from the Countach, and the front bar air scoops and overall silhouette from the Diablo 6.0, did anyone notice that? I personally loved the Murcielago from day 1 but was a bit bored with the tail lights.

The Gallardo is a beautiful car that didn't obviously borrow anything apart from the air vents on the front bar Murcielago style. Just shows that a blank sheet design done properly does not scare away buyers and can reamin obvioulsy Lambo.

From the pics so far overall I think Lambo nailed it but I would have liked to see different treatment from the side mirrors inclusive forward including the front bar. The side behind the mirrors, rear 3/4 view look spot on, the rear dead on view could be a bit more interesting but seen at rear 3/4 view it comes alive.

I agree, looks aftermarket.

To me it looked like they took an LP640 and sent it to three different tuners to add they own ideas, there is something every were that doesn't need to be there.

Yep, great take on things.

Just throwing my 2c in and take it a little further regarding styling:

Agree with your thoughts, and haven't been a fan of any modern F-car design for far too long.

I prefer the F430S' overall look to the Enzo, which was 50% great (front) and 50% bad (50% rear past the driver).

599 GTO cleaned up some of the problems with that particular car appearing more Asian than Italian, but still not a homerun.

Regardless, it's tough to love Ferrari's design work as the risk taking is just too much.

Honestly I feel like it's the equivalent of going into the Art gallery and having some smart ass try to explain why I "should be incredibly moved" by this "inspired and breathtaking vision"....and then rolling his eyes when my lack of knowledge or appreciation is apparant.

Their internal design team, along with Pininfarina's new blood, have made every car an exercise in that pompousness and it's lame. Not everything has to "set the bar". Sometimes subtle changes, as happened going from the 348 to the 355 are perfect and the right flow. That what this transition from the LP640 to the LP700 seems to be.

Lot of owners expressing discontent about the LP700 on the board though, and you can't go against the consensus. If enough people who vote with their wallets feel it didn't go far enough, then that opinion is the correct one, regardless of the strong points many of us may be making. :icon_thumleft:

To me it looked like they took an LP640 and sent it to three different tuners to add they own ideas, there is something every were that doesn't need to be there.

haha, I did like the side pic, however, the rear is just weird.