Venus Project - finally I've found a place I want to live

Rawr

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok this might turn completely epic and I might save my own Titanic here.. I know people who are going to visit this Venus thing sometime very soon... I can't wait until they come back with pictures and stories so we can either shout in joy, or laugh our asses off

Ok this might turn completely epic and I might save my own Titanic here.. I know people who are going to visit this Venus thing sometime very soon... I can't wait until they come back with pictures and stories so we can either shout in joy, or laugh our asses off

I watched that movie yesterday!

You should read the books Free to Choose and Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman. Also Thomas Sowell's Basic Economics. Also check Jean Francois Revel's book Last Exit to Utopia.

Also watch this: http://www.freetochoose.tv/

For those who can't be bothered reading

skip to 1h44m for Venus project. Or to 1h30m to get the background of what it's all about i.e. 'Resource Based Economy'.

And isnt this the movie that inspired Jared Loughner to his little moment of peace love and happiness a few weeks ago?

I know people who are going to visit this Venus thing sometime very soon... I can't wait until they come back with pictures and stories so we can either shout in joy, or laugh our asses off

Visit WHAT? THIS is Venus, FL - Swampland in the middle of fcuking nowhere. Yeah, post pics, they should be good for a laugh. Those futuristic buildings don't exist, and that bald wackjob looks more like someone who's going to make you put on a white robe, and serve you some nice tasty "Kool-Aid".

Visit WHAT? THIS is Venus, FL - Swampland in the middle of fcuking nowhere. Yeah, post pics, they should be good for a laugh. Those futuristic buildings don't exist, and that bald wackjob looks more like someone who's going to make you put on a white robe, and serve you some nice tasty "Kool-Aid".

Yeah... Ive been reading up on "jaques". Hes a 95 year old burnout, who seems to be a cross between L. Ron Hubbard and Leon Trotsky.

I once saw a really creepy episode of some show, I think "Outer Limits," about this guy who lures this group of people into a commune where they all live in the forest together. Well eventually one of the members figures out the guy is up to no good and is lying to the people and so forth, So he and another guy (whom he manages to prove to that the leader guy is lying) decide to put a stop to the whole thing, so the one guy it is planned will leave at night and get out of there (my memory on it is a little rusty). Anyhow, the guy finds, upon going down the path in the forest from whence they came, that the path just sort of "ends." It goes nowhere.

Long story short, it turns out that the members of the commune are no longer on Earth. They are on an alien ship in a section made to look like Earth, being transported to be slaves, on a trip that will take for them a few hundred years, so that by the time they reach the alien world, the colony will be much larger and they will be born into thinking they are supposed to be slaves. Both of the guys are killed, the one on the alien ship you are to assume, the other guy is burned at the stake, as the people abide by the leader thinking this guy has "lost his way" or something.

After that I swore I would NEVER go off into the woods as a member of some commune with some leader!

The problem with the venus project is...human nature. Greed, corruption and everything in between. I've seen rich people who are miserable simply because they are less rich than their neighbor (but they themselves are still better off than 95% of the population).

The whole bases for the venus project is semi-true anyway, that being technological unemployment.

Jobs lost in one sector are absorbed by another (at least until now), the problems start when machines and AI are sufficient enough to do so many jobs that they start entering the service sector.

I can't imagine it having a large impact until the next 20-30 years though as many jobs today are simply to difficult or uneconomical for robots to do.

I once saw a really creepy episode of some show, I think "Outer Limits," about this guy who lures this group of people into a commune where they all live in the forest together. Well eventually one of the members figures out the guy is up to no good and is lying to the people and so forth, So he and another guy (whom he manages to prove to that the leader guy is lying) decide to put a stop to the whole thing, so the one guy it is planned will leave at night and get out of there (my memory on it is a little rusty). Anyhow, the guy finds, upon going down the path in the forest from whence they came, that the path just sort of "ends." It goes nowhere.

Long story short, it turns out that the members of the commune are no longer on Earth. They are on an alien ship in a section made to look like Earth, being transported to be slaves, on a trip that will take for them a few hundred years, so that by the time they reach the alien world, the colony will be much larger and they will be born into thinking they are supposed to be slaves. Both of the guys are killed, the one on the alien ship you are to assume, the other guy is burned at the stake, as the people abide by the leader thinking this guy has "lost his way" or something.

After that I swore I would NEVER go off into the woods as a member of some commune with some leader!

Ok guys, seriously, this post is better than this whole entire thread. I was laughing for 3 minutes

What can we do to get you to change your mind? :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously... RAWR... Youve been a member here for a long time... I look forward to reading what you post... You're bright and have an excellent future ahead of you if you apply your talents.... Dont fall for bullshit like this.... At best its a waste of your time.... At worst its another science fiction cult like scientology and the raelians...

I want to be best friends..

Surely, many had watched or "asked to watch" the movie Wall-e. So in some ways, doesn't Project Venus resembles the Ark that was in space? Not that I'm serious over an animation but we saw what happened to the Ark (and mankind) so doesn't that transpire something about this project and its imminent failure?

Surely, many had watched or "asked to watch" the movie Wall-e. So in some ways, doesn't Project Venus resembles the Ark that was in space? Not that I'm serious over an animation but we saw what happened to the Ark (and mankind) so doesn't that transpire something about this project and its imminent failure?

I heard Wall-E was a gay robot. Please confirm, as I have a similar feeling about Jacque Fresco's sexual predisposition.

I heard Wall-E was a gay robot. Please confirm.

No expert on the movie, no expert on gayness and no expert on robotics so someone else needs to answer your question. :icon_mrgreen:

Doesn't Wall-E have a bunch of fat kids riding around in floating chairs or something...? (haven't seen the movie)

Doesn't Wall-E have a bunch of fat kids riding around in floating chairs or something...? (haven't seen the movie)

:offtopic:

I am only trying to protect our friend Rawr from the inevitable gay sex-capade occurring in the Venus swamp.

:icon_mrgreen:

...that, and a gay robot.

Earth was so polluted that people built a gigantic spaceship (the Ark) and mankind emigrated Earth. Meanwhile machines "took care" of Earth until signs of life (plantation) returns to it making it inhabitable again. Some subplots are within the movie as usual. But the point being while on the Ark, the machines took care of every needs of man and everyone just hover around doing nothing and became useless fat blobs.

:offtopic:

I am only trying to protect our friend Rawr from the inevitable gay sex-capade occurring in the Venus swamp.

This thread is a sliver away from being in the Gold section, Venus, hippies, exploring Wall-E plot and sexuality, someone deliver us into stratosphere!