Any roadster owners want Carbon Fiber roofs?

abolfaz

I'm thinking of copying my roadster roof and producing it in Carbon Fiber. My car is black I think the Carbon Fiber roof might look cool on black. What would you guys pay for a nice reproduction?

I know its already cf, but remember cf parts built to be painted look completely different naked than cf parts that are built to be shown without paint.

Right it is C/F.... I spoke to my buddy about a C/F roof and he said it already is...did not know that... On a regular Diablo the cage (indluding roof) is the only steel part of the car. :roll:

I notice a lot of SV goodies on that car, whats the story?

It's one of the Diablo SV Roadsters made by Lamborghini, only several specimens. After Audi took over, the production of SV's was canceled.

Here is a pic of another one during the 1998 Geneva Auto Show.

car366lr.th.jpg

Hey Allan, long time no hear. I've been gone for sometime and came across this site by some chance and bam! your here! Hows things been going? I still have the 99 and thinking of doing some interior changes. I'm thinking of redoing the middle part of the arm console like the 6.0 in carbon fiber. I also want to change out the ft bumper to the 6.0 style and see if I can get a lighter rear bumper, have you any connections for this? especially the rear.

I have a SV roadtster in Sydney RHD. It is 2000 model and I don't know how many were built but I think mine is the last (that is what lambo here told me!). It has a c/f roof but painted.

So what happened to the SV roof scoops? Did the car just use the regular VT/Roadster intakes?

It's a Diablo SV in VT Roadsters body with some pieces of carbon fibre. ;)

Good to see another Aussie owner on here! Nice car! So it is the last of the VT roadsters?

Thanks. It is the last of the SV roadsters (not VT although it looks the same!)

Good to see another Aussie owner on here! Nice car! So it is the last of the VT roadsters?

Cool. I didn't realise they made the SV in 2000. Thought it was only the millenium which we didn't get in Oz :(

Where in Sydney are you if you don't mind me asking. I've seen a couple of diablos around the Rose Bay, Vaucluse area. (I've got relatives in Sydney)

The SV Roadster never actually entered the production, only a few cars were built and they all were '98 with pop up lights, looking just like the orange and yellow one from pics that I posted.

All the other ones are VT Roadsters converted by local dealers, there are a couple of those in US, Europe etc.

Here are some pics of one that is located in France.

Yes, yes Tommy, F R A N C E. ;)

016cw.th.jpg 021lq.th.jpg

The SV Roadster never actually entered the production, only a few cars were built and they all were '98 with pop up lights, looking just like the orange and yellow one from pics that I posted.

All the other ones are VT Roadsters converted by local dealers, there are a couple of those in US, Europe etc.

Here are some pics of one that is located in France.

Yes, yes Tommy, F R A N C E. ;)

016cw.th.jpg 021lq.th.jpg

How do you explain the official 'SV' Roadster I have then? A one off?!. It was bought new from Lamborghini and has all the documentation necessary to prove it is a SV Roadster complianced in 2000(no 98 model VT converted here -it would be illegal for a dealer to do this and claim it is factory SV!!) . It is a RHD for Australian delivery. It is even written on the engine 'SV'. We have strict rules here on converting and not revealing it to the public particularly when I bought it from Lamborghini Australia -the sole official Lamborghini importer for Australia- with a factory warranty! I hope this clears this issue because no one seems to be aware of the existence of a 99 or 2000 "SV" roadster outside Australia!! I am not surprised since the Lamborghiniregistry web site does not even mention it and only refers to VT Roadsters.

Cool. I didn't realise they made the SV in 2000. Thought it was only the millenium which we didn't get in Oz :(

Where in Sydney are you if you don't mind me asking. I've seen a couple of diablos around the Rose Bay, Vaucluse area. (I've got relatives in Sydney)

In circular quay. I understand there is also a yellow SV roadster 99 in Sydney. Andrew Smith from Lamborghini Australia has more info on how many there are - I remember he mentioned 3 to me. I don't know where the 3rd one is. This is going off the topic now.

Don't get so excited. :)

I don't know, maybe it was some individual order? But I still think it's a dealers conversion. The one from France also has SV stitched on the seats, emblem on the rear grill etc.

Do You have some more pics of Your car? Interior, engine, rear shots?