FGT thoughts?

azmurciev12

• 3 weeks later...
What's the big deal? What's the difference between someone painting their car matte black, and someone painting their car black? You can either wait for months while you find the perfect color, or buy a cheaper ugly one and have it painted. It's not like there are a ton on the market. Might even be quicker to get one painted the color you want than to find one.

When I made that post I thought there was a bigger price delta. Last time I looked, I saw shitty colored FGT's with 5-7K miles going in the 130's. Seems they've either gone up or the cheaper ones just aren't on the market right now. Regardless, I don't really value a black stripe delete at $30K more than one just painted black. When I stopped by the GT Guy's place, they had like 3 cars their that had been repainted to some degree due to accidents, and the repaints looked better and had better fitting body panels than the other ones. It's not like these cars came amazing from the factory.

Black FGT with stripe delete == red FGT with white stripe. I bet if you sent the GT Guy's a yellow one, you could get it returned to you black and looking way better than any black one that came from the factory. If it's cheaper, even better.

It's a FGT, not a Monet. Document the repaint and you're good to go. If it's been in an accident, they'll find out when they get the PPI.

I would never re-paint a GT.....a wrap is a much better choice. I don't have $150,000+ to spend on a car but if I did I would WAIT and get exactly what I want and then I would be able to sell it for a profit (likely) 5 years down the road, probably not going to be able to get as much on a resprayed car. It isn't exactly what YOU value it at its what the market values it at.

it arrived in SFO. will wait for another car before coming home to the Philippines

fgt.jpg

Best color combo out there IMO :icon_thumleft:

• 1 month later...

it's finally home

fgt_home.jpg

nice car to drive, feels very solidly built. love the smooth shifting tranny (once everything is warmed up) but hate the A-pillar. i'm a short guy so it feels so close to my head.

a car to definitely keep.

Spectacular car, congrats!

Why though? Because its a "Ford" dealer? Obviously they are certified to work on the cars. Im sure they have a specific tech for that car. The engine is out of a fcuking mustang isnt it? Im not trying to knock it, but I dont see any reason why a mfg certified tech wouldnt be just as qualified if not MORE qualified then a private shop to look the car over....

Nevermind the fact that the FGT is less complicated than the F-150s and Super Duty's they work on daily :lol2: