So... a Royal wedding tomorrow

capt_chaos

capt_chaos, seriously, the people of Britain are not very patriotic? I would have thought if there is any nation outside of the U.S. with a very patriotic people, it's the UK (proud Irish, proud Scottish, proud British, etc...).

What would give you that idea?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales, and also Northern Ireland. I know there's a separate Republic of Ireland, but I imagine there are Irish who live in Northern Ireland as well...?

They are Northern Irish.

When you say Ireland you are referring to Southern Island.

Right patriotism.

This is as a general rule...

As mentioned earlier, we do not do St George's flags or British flags flying outside of our houses as they have connotations of BNP and other ultra racists and xenophobic movements. We are generally quite a reserved lot and so any kind of public display could easily be seen socially as something a little step too far.

Contrast that to the US of A whereby flags flying outside of a house is not a completely uncommon thing.

Naturally this is quite generalist and not seen as a coverall.

The Welsh are fiercely proud of their little country.

The Scottish are fiercely proud of their little country...

The English, as former leaders of the world have to put up with a lot of shit... we play any of the above countries at pretty much any sport and all gloves are off. In fact sport is a good example of where we are intensely patriotic. Currently we have an Italian managing our Football team and despite him being one of the worlds best managers the press and a small section of supporters are hunting for his blood but then that is another pathetic story.

As an example of being proud to British is Andy Murray who is a Scottish tennis player. We love and support him when he plays at Wimbledon all the time he is in the tournament because he is British. As soon as he gets knocked out we (in England) refer to him as a Useless Scottish Cunt...

Naturally the majority of us love the Ashes series - cricket but not everyone digs sport so not everyone gets a chance to show of their national pride.

This is not a coverall for all people but England as country has issues and one of them is not being able to show off true national pride without suffering some form of incorrect prejudice.

They are Northern Irish.

When you say Ireland you are referring to Southern Island.

Right patriotism.

This is as a general rule...

As mentioned earlier, we do not do St George's flags or British flags flying outside of our houses as they have connotations of BNP and other ultra racists and xenophobic movements. We are generally quite a reserved lot and so any kind of public display could easily be seen socially as something a little step too far.

Contrast that to the US of A whereby flags flying outside of a house is not a completely uncommon thing.

Naturally this is quite generalist and not seen as a coverall.

The Welsh are fiercely proud of their little country.

The Scottish are fiercely proud of their little country...

The English, as former leaders of the world have to put up with a lot of shit... we play any of the above countries at pretty much any sport and all gloves are off. In fact sport is a good example of where we are intensely patriotic. Currently we have an Italian managing our Football team and despite him being one of the worlds best managers the press and a small section of supporters are hunting for his blood but then that is another pathetic story.

As an example of being proud to British is Andy Murray who is a Scottish tennis player. We love and support him when he plays at Wimbledon all the time he is in the tournament because he is British. As soon as he gets knocked out we (in England) refer to him as a Useless Scottish Cunt...

Naturally the majority of us love the Ashes series - cricket but not everyone digs sport so not everyone gets a chance to show of their national pride.

This is not a coverall for all people but England as country has issues and one of them is not being able to show off true national pride without suffering some form of incorrect prejudice.

That's really interesting, I didn't know any of that. Yes, here in America, seeing an American flag hanging outside of someone's home is quite normal.

Like I say it is not a complete coverall - yesterday we were all discussing when was the last time outside of a sporting arena when we were all proud to be British... the last time for me was when I read of Tim Collins eve of Iraq's speech which I thought was intensely correct.

And the Scots want England to lose at everything, Football, tiddlywinks, anything.

Exactly, if we qualify for a World cup and Scotland doesn't, Scotland supports every team we play against. :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly, if we qualify for a World cup and Scotland doesn't, Scotland supports every team we play against. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh yes, you can put money on that. :icon_mrgreen:

Is the GB football team for the Olympics still on or is it dead in the water? I would like to see that very much.

Is the GB football team for the Olympics still on or is it dead in the water? I would like to see that very much.

I think it is a go. Last I heard Deekss neighbour Harry 'Triffic' Rednapp was going to be the boss and Beckham is second in charge which sounds like media BS to me.

I think it is a go. Last I heard Deekss neighbour Harry 'Triffic' Rednapp was going to be the boss and Beckham is second in charge which sounds like media BS to me.

I think the numpties at the Welsh FA were going to try and stop Welsh players from taking part, (tossers). If Deekss is Harry's neighbour, get him to tell Harry we need a new goalkeeper!

Lambo power must be slipping no ones dropped this yet, so here it goes.

What did the new Duchess of Cambridge say to her husband in the carriage on the way back from the abbey. "You Royal bastard I never have to take it up the ass again".

Guest Rob Burgundy

Mxo0g.jpg

Ironically id hit it so hard, whoever pulled me out would become king of England.

Mxo0g.jpg

Ironically id hit it so hard, whoever pulled me out would become king of England.

I would be hitting that so hard that people would think that the road outside their house was being dug up.

Mxo0g.jpg

Is that Kate Middleton or someone else?

Also, so capt_chaos I bet the Scots really liked Braveheart :)

braveheart.jpg

You two need to get out more... like literally just go outside your house for 5 minutes... on that picture the girl is marginal, you can find a lot cuter in the street!

Is that Kate Middleton or someone else?

Also, so capt_chaos I bet the Scots really liked Braveheart :)

braveheart.jpg

That is Kate's sister.

And the Scottish as a breed really did not think that Gibson could pull off a role where he was a Sctosman. Now look at him, a drunk racist women smasher...

Rawr - turn it in, you know you would be up that like a rat up a drain pipe, posh-burds are durty!

And the Scottish as a breed really did not think that Gibson could pull off a role where he was a Sctosman. Now look at him, a drunk racist women smasher...

I always thought Christian Bale could probably have played that role well (he is a Scotsman too). As for what Gibson has since become, yeah sucks.

EDIT: Crap, I thought Bale was Scottish, but a look at his Wiki says he was born in Wales. Probably close enough though.

EDIT: Crap, I thought Bale was Scottish, but a look at his Wiki says he was born in Wales. Probably close enough though.

Yes all people born in Mexico are Canadians.

I was thinking originally that if an American like Gibson could play the role (barely), a guy like Bale from Wales could probably have done the accent easier (I was thinking the Welsh and Scottish accents are similar, but that I really don't know now that you bring it up).

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: I say the same thing.

The GB olympic team will be all english as the other home countries dont want to lose their status with Fifa.

The only other non english player that would make it would be Gareth Bale anyway.

I was thinking originally that if an American like Gibson could play the role (barely), a guy like Bale from Wales could probably have done the accent easier (I was thinking the Welsh and Scottish accents are similar, but that I really don't know now that you bring it up).

Yes, Christian Bale is Welsh. No, the Welsh and Scottish accents are completely different, but Bale is a very good actor, so maybe he could do a Scottish accent.

Rawr - turn it in, you know you would be up that like a rat up a drain pipe, posh-burds are durty!

As I see it, there are two types for posh (but we call them differently here) Ones that are good hearted but confused by societal roles and fake themselves at least some of the time. Those ones you want to fcuk the "devil" out of and make them into normal humans again.

Then there is the second kind, the same kind this woman to me is. The determined, cold, heartless, destined to get hers, is. I only saw pics long ago of her, and she looks A LOT different now - is she older than him? I think she wants to be the QUEEN like Liz.. and she could give a fcuk about the prince.

Then there is the second kind, the same kind this woman to me is. The determined, cold, heartless, destined to get hers, is. I only saw pics long ago of her, and she looks A LOT different now - is she older than him? I think she wants to be the QUEEN like Liz.. and she could give a fcuk about the prince.

You are mistaking Pippa for Kate.

You are mistaking Pippa for Kate.

Yep, you are right I looked it up Pippa is the one I was referring to. You are a class act capt!