needed cap and rotor part number

RHershey

Does anyone know the part number of a cap and rotor aftermarket that will fit a 87 QV?

for "cap" you mean the ignition distributor cap with the 12 wires to the spark plugs?

this?

distributor cap

Is this part unavailable or just too expensive downthere?

i can find the cap here, for less, but not in a Lamborghini package

ciao

Yes I want the tune up parts. It is way to expensive to buy. If I don't have a choice I will buy it and pay. How much for yours?

Yes I want the tune up parts. It is way to expensive to buy. If I don't have a choice I will buy it and pay. How much for yours?

rotor part 16 220 USD + shipping

cap part 17 400 USD + shipping

less than Eurospares, but may be in the USA you can find them for less.

These are prices more or less: let me know if you are interested in them, so i will tell you exactly how much they cost (i have to buy them...)

ciao

Hey, if you want to you can use the Jaguar V12 cap, from years 89 1/2 to 95. No where near the price of the Lambo part.

If you want I can make up the parts to use the Jag rotor also, again cheap compared to Lambo parts.

Chadbourn Bolles

8 0 3 5 3 2 6 2 5 7

Hey, if you want to you can use the Jaguar V12 cap, from years 89 1/2 to 95. No where near the price of the Lambo part.

If you want I can make up the parts to use the Jag rotor also, again cheap compared to Lambo parts.

Chadbourn Bolles

8 0 3 5 3 2 6 2 5 7

Chad I have the part numbers for the later V12 with 2 coils. This will not work ,I am looking for the early V12 with the single coil. I am coming up with a couple of part numbers but I am not sure if they will work. The numbers that i have fit the 1984 Jaguar's. Is this what I need?

Chadbourn Bolles

8 0 3 5 3 2 6 2 5 7

Chad , Are you saying that you can adapt the jag rotor to work on the countach? That is news to me.

There are people with Diablo that use the Jag cap. It only uses one coil also.

Chadbourn Bolles

Chad I have the part numbers for the later V12 with 2 coils. This will not work ,I am looking for the early V12 with the single coil. I am coming up with a couple of part numbers but I am not sure if they will work. The numbers that i have fit the 1984 Jaguar's. Is this what I need?

Yep, I sure can.

Chadbourn Bolles

I'm too cheap to sponsor the board so I spam it instead < < Using this email is the easy way to contact me.

Chad , Are you saying that you can adapt the jag rotor to work on the countach? That is news to me.

If I can help use this email: [email protected]

or you can call 8 0 3 5 3 2 6 2 5 7

You will notice that a child is playing with my last message, that had my email address in it, but the child chose to insert something like spam,

Well children and those adult that act like a child, must play.

• 2 weeks later...
Call Evans Automotive! You might be asking for problems using the Jag-Fag parts!

What sort of problems?

So far nobody has had a part number that will work on the 88 and down Countach. As far as after market for the Diablo I have them on mine and no problem at all. I got them from Napa and so far it is running great. I find it real hard to think that they had their own cap and rotor made for the early Countach but maybe they did.

So far nobody has had a part number that will work on the 88 and down Countach. As far as after market for the Diablo I have them on mine and no problem at all. I got them from Napa and so far it is running great. I find it real hard to think that they had their own cap and rotor made for the early Countach but maybe they did.

I use the Jag distributor cap on my 87 FI Countach. Somewhere in my records I have the part number for a NAPA jaguar cap, but the rotor has no cross. It seems the rotor is quite unique and built out of unobtanium. I'll see if I can find my purchase orders for the cap.

Russell, PLEASE pardon me for not posting these numbers before now.

Distributor cap 1619316

Distributor rotjo 1619315

Chadbourn Bolles

Here is the link to NAPA Online with the Jaguar cap that will work:

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogI...0+50037+2037010

Remember though..... the Jaguar rotor for this cap, WILL NOT work in the Countach unless you have Chad modify the distributor.

The only cars to my knowledge that use the same OEM distributor rotor arm as the Countach, are the Ferrari 512bbi and the Ferrari 400i and the 365 GTB4. You can get them from Ricambi America for about $210:

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info...ducts_id=261251

• 2 weeks later...
YOU HAVE A LAMBORGHINI! WHY PUT PARTS ON IT THAT DO NOT BELONG?

Because some parts are interchangeable with or identical to the OEM parts at a fraction of the cost. :icon_thumleft:

Stop typing in all caps.

Having a Lamborghini or any other car is beside the point. If i can get the same part at a better price without sacrificing quality I will buy it. No matter how much money I have, I did get this far by not watching how I spend my money. Maybe that is the reason that a one time I had 4 of them at the same time. I still have 2 of them, life is good.

Having a Lamborghini or any other car is beside the point. If i can get the same part at a better price without sacrificing quality I will buy it. No matter how much money I have, I did get this far by not watching how I spend my money.

:iamwithstupid:

expecially if the part is exactly the same and Lamborghini buys it from the same seller...

Having a Lamborghini or any other car is beside the point. If i can get the same part at a better price without sacrificing quality I will buy it. No matter how much money I have, I did get this far by not watching how I spend my money. Maybe that is the reason that a one time I had 4 of them at the same time. I still have 2 of them, life is good.

very well said :iamwithstupid: