Ebay countach

lince

Hello im new here im interested in a countach and was checking this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-LAMBORGH...3#ht_3021wt_948 i like the car except or the us bumpers, do you know anything about this car, what type of engine is this as it looks totally diferent that all other countaches. And how much does it cost to change the bumpers

Thank you in advance

It's a car that was federalized by the then importer using hodgepodge bosch/Porsche/MB parts. Probably the least desirable ct (engine wise) there is.

It's a car that was federalized by the then importer using hodgepodge bosch/Porsche/MB parts. Probably the least desirable ct (engine wise) there is.

:iamwithstupid:

Abolfaz.. Do you know how Interstate got ahold of all those CT's? All those cars were originally in South Florida.. That yellow one used to run around South Fla with 14 different yellow colors spot painted in, and was for sale at one point at that dealer that took over the Porsche collection dealer.. I forgot the name now, brain fart.. the indian guy.. Had the Vector?

The white anniversary was also at the Toy Store at one point..

Abolfaz.. Do you know how Interstate got ahold of all those CT's? All those cars were originally in South Florida.. That yellow one used to run around South Fla with 14 different yellow colors spot painted in, and was for sale at one point at that dealer that took over the Porsche collection dealer.. I forgot the name now, brain fart.. the indian guy.. Had the Vector?

The white anniversary was also at the Toy Store at one point..

Auto Panache.

the FI system is not OEM and has to be removed, the wing is for the QV, the car is not bad to see but not OEM

i would ask some other pictures of engine bay, as it looks to be a lot of confusion about the cooling system piping

ciao

PS

American front bumper is really ugly

the FI system is not OEM and has to be removed, the wing is for the QV, the car is not bad to see but not OEM

Albert,

there are some US 5000S cars like this one

from what i remember the sistem was developed by lamborghini US importer with the help of factory

i wonder how much worck and money would be to convert it to weber DCOE?

Albert,

from what i remember the sistem was developed by lamborghini US importer with the help of factory

i wonder how much worck and money would be to convert it to weber DCOE?

who knows, the entire fuel system may be worth 6-7 k euro, plus 2-3 k of labor. So at least 8-10 keuro.

Do you think this car deserve attention? i would never buy a car without seeing it in person: now i know a 5000 S VERY well...

ciao

I will of course check the car first but as im in south america first want to be very sure of the car i want o check first, if you know of other 5000s or qv for sale let me know, i like them both, not interested in the aniversary version

who knows, the entire fuel system may be worth 6-7 k euro, plus 2-3 k of labor. So at least 8-10 keuro.

Do you think this car deserve attention? i would never buy a car without seeing it in person: now i know a 5000 S VERY well...

ciao

i thought a bit under 10k euro to

it depends, but looks clean from pics

you are correct: it needs to be seen in person

but assuming it is a really good one, for 75k-80k $ it may be a very good buy (IMO)

The other way round, Trevor Thomas developped this system with the two Bosch units and the fractory took it over!

For me it looks like a common LP5000s with the well known Bosch FI, the factory made 37 official and there are some more cars having been converted with factory parts to get federalized f.e. CLA12514.

Keep in mind the US cars also had a milder cam in them. With the Euro cam and a properly functioning FI system, I'd be willing to bet these cars are every bit as fast and probably more driveable than an equivalent Weber carbed version. Porsche and Mercedes had been using variants of this system for nearly a decade. It is very reliable. I've had both. My 2V FI car felt much stronger than my carbed car, at least at street speeds. I'd be more focused on the aesthetics of the ugly US bumpers.

Keep in mind the US cars also had a milder cam in them. With the Euro cam and a properly functioning FI system, I'd be willing to bet these cars are every bit as fast and probably more driveable than an equivalent Weber carbed version. Porsche and Mercedes had been using variants of this system for nearly a decade. It is very reliable. I've had both. My 2V FI car felt much stronger than my carbed car, at least at street speeds. I'd be more focused on the aesthetics of the ugly US bumpers.

Udo, if I remember correctly your red carbed car was originally an fi car that was converted. The auction the car sold at before you got it actually had the fi parts in a box with the car.

Hello im new here im interested in a countach and was checking this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-LAMBORGH...3#ht_3021wt_948 i like the car except or the us bumpers, do you know anything about this car, what type of engine is this as it looks totally diferent that all other countaches. And how much does it cost to change the bumpers

Thank you in advance

As indicated in the previous post the 5000S injected is the least desirable because least powerful and no car countach. I have seen that car in person recently. Very very clean. What is sad is that the entire botch work mandated by the govrnement has been done: ugly bumper, US read end etc... If that car could get back its carbs, drop the front bumper and get a real countach 500S rear end, that would be a $100K + car.

QV injected would cost you less than that and be better cars IMO.

Steve has a yellow one . Saw this one too. If you want an injected that is a way better choice.

wow I don't recall ever seeing a setup like that in c/t, interesting.

Yeah. A few done by Raj at that period. Long story. Someone shot me 8 years ago for defaming the injected 5000S. I almost got lynched by the mob on that old site because the dude was a big name and contributed to the work. Funny how the same comments I made are made by other today in this thread and it seems fine now...

Basically the good is that work is Raj set up good work for the factory to make the QV injected cars and have legally imported CT in the US.

Some guy from this site has the injected prototype (black car if I recall) he bought at auction.

Someone shot me 8 years ago for defaming the injected 5000S. I almost got lynched by the mob on that old site because the dude was a big name and contributed to the work. Funny how the same comments I made are made by other today in this thread and it seems fine now...

If you'd feel better we can lynch you...

If you'd feel better we can lynch you...

no thanks. But since you made the same comment I made you'll be lynched along :).

Treford Thomas flamed me. May be I was too hard and it was his work. In retrospect he got hurt and I should have been considerate of the history of his work. At the time, I was an insensitive SOB and I honestly did not fully comprehend the amount of work these guys did. In some way these 5000S injected led to good things for legalizing the CT in the US.

As indicated in the previous post the 5000S injected is the least desirable because least powerful and no car countach. I have seen that car in person recently. Very very clean. What is sad is that the entire botch work mandated by the govrnement has been done: ugly bumper, US read end etc... If that car could get back its carbs, drop the front bumper and get a real countach 500S rear end, that would be a $100K + car.

QV injected would cost you less than that and be better cars IMO.

Steve has a yellow one . Saw this one too. If you want an injected that is a way better choice.

I dunno about that yellow one.. I saw and heard that car long ago.. and it was ROUGH... and no way it has the mileage described..

I dunno about that yellow one.. I saw and heard that car long ago.. and it was ROUGH... and no way it has the mileage described..

Anyone notice the home made side skirts?

Re: Yellow Bull

Good eye!

They look like a clean job from here, but I'd still take them off. Are the bumper vents just open cavities with no slats?

Any ideas on whom cold quote the work to make the car carb againand the bumpers to euro specs, as if its something that can be done i woldnt mind as i like the color and how the car looks.

Any ideas on the power with the injection