New set of wheels

Ascari_2

Just picked it up. I know it's not customized Pinarello, but it is my first full CF and really my first road bike. Full weight comes in at 18 pounds. Can't want to give it a quick tuneup and get out and ride.

bike.jpg

nice bike to get started.

When you get comfortable, adjust that headset stack height, your bars look like they are not angled correctly(the brake hoods should be more parallel to the ground).

Have fun and ride lots of miles.

Thanks guys. Carbon, yeah the bike needs a tune and an adjustment. I picked it up used, but it was kind of hard to pass up this deal for a carbon frame with Shimano 105 and Ultegra components. And it should be a welcome upgrade from my 13 yo TREK 800. Can't wait to get back onto the bike path. Luckily Chicago has a great one going up and down the lake front along the length of the city.

Awesome bike man! 18lbs? Super light!

For a road bike thats entry level these days, 13 is fairly commonplace in the high end stuff.

Get that thing adjusted and put some miles on it!

This is definitely no high-end stuff, but considering that it was a $500 investment, I'd say it's a good start. I used to ride every day when I had time, but that was on an old mountain bike. I think it's a fun way to try out something new.

This is definitely no high-end stuff, but considering that it was a $500 investment, I'd say it's a good start. I used to ride every day when I had time, but that was on an old mountain bike. I think it's a fun way to try out something new.

and when you sell it, you wont lose that much.

I've started triathlon training a month ago or so and I picked up a nice Devinci CX (base model full carbon frame). It is addictive. Full 105 setup, bought it used too, low mileage. Don't know the weight though...I'll upgrade the wheels next year. I'll try to post a pic later.

I also picked up a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29inch wheels for mountain biking duty. It's been a fun summer so far. ;)

Enjoy the new ride bud. You'll have a lot of fun.

:eusa_think:

not really, but a good weight for what it is.

My hardtail mountain bike is 18lbs.

I'm planning on cycling to work starting this summer since I can't decide on a car to buy. Have to dust the cobwebs off my roadbike and take it in for a tune up.

My hardtail mountain bike is 18lbs.

I'm planning on cycling to work starting this summer since I can't decide on a car to buy. Have to dust the cobwebs off my roadbike and take it in for a tune up.

Ha, that's funny because I did the same thing...could not decide on a new car to drive back and forth to my office, so I said screw it and bought a new bike. Specialized Stumpy Expert EVO R 29er....comes in at 22lbs...Love this bike!

Ascari, enjoy your new bike and be safe out there! :icon_thumleft: