Comparisons...

ostoneman

Wow, that is a no brainer!!! You have a beautiful 98 SV in your area...you are one extremely lucky person. I would take the 98 SV any day over the 94 SE. The stars have aligned for you if you like the color yellow. I love that interior too!

Wow, that is a no brainer!!! You have a beautiful 98 SV in your area...you are one extremely lucky person. I would take the 98 SV any day over the 94 SE. The stars have aligned for you if you like the color yellow. I love that interior too!

:iamwithstupid:

I would take that SV over any SE... Much better car, and much better looking inmo...

Thanks for the input all. I am going to drive the SE later in the week if I can.. frustratingly there is no decent 6.0L currently available for me to compare. I have no doubt the SE will impress, unless as Alan mentioned the brakes are dreadful. Having had so many terrifyingly close moments in the CT I absolutely need brakes on the next car, no question.

In relation to the SV, same deal as with the 6.0L, later models are rare in the UK it would seem. I did have my eye on this one...it's a good looking car without a doubt but I still prefer the SE and 6.0L I think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2667809.htm

that is a VERY nice and fairly priced SV!! you should try to drive it

may be this is the diablo for you

Thanks for the input all. I am going to drive the SE later in the week if I can.. frustratingly there is no decent 6.0L currently available for me to compare. I have no doubt the SE will impress, unless as Alan mentioned the brakes are dreadful. Having had so many terrifyingly close moments in the CT I absolutely need brakes on the next car, no question.

In relation to the SV, same deal as with the 6.0L, later models are rare in the UK it would seem. I did have my eye on this one...it's a good looking car without a doubt but I still prefer the SE and 6.0L I think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2667809.htm

I have accumulated a fair amount of seat time in my SE30 (US Spec) and had a bit of time in my friend's SV. The SE30 is clearly a more sharp, nimble driver's car and the brakes are not terrible (definately better than even the most optimized QV Countach, which I had for years). That said, the Brakes on the SV are definately noticeably better, and the euro SV maybe a bit more trim than the US Spec that I drove. In general the SV is probably a great compromise between weight / tossability and comfort & features, but don't underestimate how much sharper an SE30 is as a pure driver's car.