Comparisons...

ostoneman

Well the time has come for me to add a Diablo to the family... and I would appreciate some feedback in helping me choose which car is for me.

I am not interested in the earliest model...I cannot live with the interior.

My two fav's are worlds apart and hence the dilemma...

SE30 or 6.0L..?

My questions;

1.) Is there truly any noticeable performance difference between these two ?

2.) I have been told by the dealer that a well set up SE30 can be terrifying and catch you off guard ?

3.) Can the SE30's shitty windows be easily replaced for a normal window...

4.) Will modern day m5's etc...make an embarrassment of these cars or can they still hold their own ?

5.) What are the brakes like in hard driving conditions ?

6.) Does the 6.0L FEEL heavy ?

7.) & this is not a joke....does the demist work in under an hour..??

Thanks if you can be bothered...

Well the time has come for me to add a Diablo to the family... and I would appreciate some feedback in helping me choose which car is for me.

I am not interested in the earliest model...I cannot live with the interior.

My two fav's are worlds apart and hence the dilemma...

SE30 or 6.0L..?

My questions;

1.) Is there truly any noticeable performance difference between these two ?

2.) I have been told by the dealer that a well set up SE30 can be terrifying and catch you off guard ?

3.) Can the SE30's shitty windows be easily replaced for a normal window...

4.) Will modern day m5's etc...make an embarrassment of these cars or can they still hold their own ?

5.) What are the brakes like in hard driving conditions ?

6.) Does the 6.0L FEEL heavy ?

7.) & this is not a joke....does the demist work in under an hour..??

Thanks if you can be bothered...

I would leave the SE for collecting and not for driving.. Not only do the windows sucks, but the breaks are abysmal.. If you want 2wd, go for a 98 or 99 SV.. If you want the most modern comfy etc, go for a 6.0.. All Diablos feel heavy..

As for an M5... tough to call, will depend on circumstances..

If you can't stand the early cars interior, how are you going to live with an SE30? The window swap is simple and straightforward and is reversible back to stock.

How do you find the Se30 interior that different from a early Diablo?

Based on your comments/questions I am not sure a Diablo is for you, please leave the Se30 for a true Diablo fan.

IF you decide to get a Diablo, not sure why you even considering one, get a 6.0.

How do you find the Se30 interior that different from a early Diablo?

I think there might be differences between the United States interior compared to that in other countries. The interior between the SE30 and earlier years looks close to the same except for the gauge cluster, doors, and center console area:

Early Year:

4g_640.jpg

SE30:

aw_640.jpg

But then there is this version of an SE30 interior which looks VASTLY different ... which looks much better IMO

diase26.jpg

Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain the differences between countries :eusa_think:

You guys dont have the same interiors then ? Yes, correct, I cant live with the early high and disproportionate binnacle layout... the SE30's in the UK do not have this and look as in the bottom pic above...

This is the car in mind...and the dealers are well regarded;

the first thing I would do is get the pink replaced....with a grey.

http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/184/P...ablo_SE_30.html

What the fcuk are you on about....

If youve got nothing to say stay the fcuk out of my thread...

Charming.

I stand corrected, get an M5.

Look JAG, no one is asking you to voice an opinion...and frankly I dont get your beef. if you're going to come on here patronising like an arrogant moron then expect to be put down...

Either join in productively or go elsewhere.

If its because I dont like your car...then Im sorry, we are all entitled to our opinion.

Look JAG, no one is asking you to voice an opinion...and frankly I dont get your beef. if you're going to come on here patronising like an arrogant moron then expect to be put down...

Either join in productively or go elsewhere.

If its because I dont like your car...then Im sorry, we are all entitled to our opinion.

Come on. If you want car with good brakes, that does not feel big or heavy and isent terrifying, then the SE30 might be a bad choice. Especially if you worry and about the performnace too, since I could fear that a M50 V10 might actually be faster.

I have no beef, at all, but is genuinely wondering what makes you want the SE30, and still think the 6.0 is the way to go.

Because they are the two Diablos I like most.

You dont make any sense...the SE is supposed to be lightest of the bunch and hence one might imagine it would feel more nimble. A perfectly reasonable question.

I have a 90 CT and that does not feel heavy, in fact it feels light. I have also driven plenty of Murcies, which feel heavy....hence I ask the perfectly normal question of the Diablo in between.

The brakes are crap on my car..... hence I ask the perfectly normal question of the Diablos.

I like fast cars...hence my perfectly normal comparative question on the M5.

Is it so strange to you that someone may be torn between two model variants of the same car ?

I have had a 911 turbo...I have also had an RS....does this make me odd Jag ?

Lastly, by terrifing I mean this in a bad way not good....I dont want to end up in a hedge.

You guys dont have the same interiors then ? Yes, correct, I cant live with the early high and disproportionate binnacle layout... the SE30's in the UK do not have this and look as in the bottom pic above...

This is the car in mind...and the dealers are well regarded;

the first thing I would do is get the pink replaced....with a grey.

http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/184/P...ablo_SE_30.html

I cant see well enough from the pics, but I think the brakes on this car may have been swapped?

Why dont you look at a 99 SV? The Sv look, with the 6.0 interior?

I cant see well enough from the pics, but I think the brakes on this car may have been swapped?

Why dont you look at a 99 SV? The Sv look, with the 6.0 interior?

99 sv looks too much like a left over parts bin car. Someone just doesn't look right about the front of the car IMO, I'd take a pop up light sv instead. If you want rwd, get a 6.0 and remove the front dif.

6.0 is just so timeless to me, it honestly looks more modern/interesting than a Murcie. Hasn't aged a day.

You can't say that for the pop-up headlight Diablos, particularly their interiors.

Agree with Allan and Mike, either go 99 SV or 6.0.

SE30 for me (a jota would be the top!)

or a 6.0 with removed AWD

i believe a 6.0 is a good investment, the SE30 even more so

i am a countach owner and i like driving countach more than diablos

any diablo will feel a bit heavier and big compared to the average countach.

i do think the SE30 is not really much heavier than the anniversary.

this said, diablos are nice to drive, more modern but still old school compared to murcielago-gallardo (more demanding to drive and for me is a plus!)

personally i really enjoy driving the d. roadster with the top off (no cats and SS ANSA sport on :icon_thumleft: )

different than a countach but really a lot of fun

but since you are in London a roadster may not be such a good option for you

This is only gonna be solved by driving.

I hear it from numerous Diablo purists that the 6.0 is quite "refined" which may or may not be a bad thing, and it has more to do than the AWD as the 5.7 VTs are more visceral.

If ostoneman wants a complement it might work, but if he really wants something similar to the Countach, then the SE30 would do the trick way more than a 6.0.

SV is ideal compromise, if you had to guess blindly.

I just realized you're in Europe....I believe europe spec SE30s have the unassisted steering. Hmmmm.... :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the input all. I am going to drive the SE later in the week if I can.. frustratingly there is no decent 6.0L currently available for me to compare. I have no doubt the SE will impress, unless as Alan mentioned the brakes are dreadful. Having had so many terrifyingly close moments in the CT I absolutely need brakes on the next car, no question.

In relation to the SV, same deal as with the 6.0L, later models are rare in the UK it would seem. I did have my eye on this one...it's a good looking car without a doubt but I still prefer the SE and 6.0L I think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2667809.htm

In relation to the SV, same deal as with the 6.0L, later models are rare in the UK it would seem. I did have my eye on this one...it's a good looking car without a doubt but I still prefer the SE and 6.0L I think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2667809.htm

Come on - it doesn't get any better than a yellow '98 SV..... :icon_super:

( though I am wondering why is the rear wing yellow on that car :eusa_think: )