Don't take your Lamborghini into Manhattan

There has to be more to the story then this...cant do a "Warentless" search on a car, UNLESS the owner gave permission ..so there must have been a Probable Cause for the stop and "consented search"...?

There has to be more to the story then this...cant do a "Warentless" search on a car, UNLESS the owner gave permission ..so there must have been a Probable Cause for the stop and "consented search"...?

Cops in NYC do whatever they like. Then worry about PC later.

I had customs search my car 3 times when crossing to/from Canada. They kept asking if I was sure I didn't have >$10K in cash on me and warning me that if they find it, they'll keep it. They also asked me several times if I was bringing back 'dope,' as if I was going to come clean or something.

I had customs search my car 3 times when crossing to/from Canada. They kept asking if I was sure I didn't have >$10K in cash on me and warning me that if they find it, they'll keep it. They also asked me several times if I was bringing back 'dope,' as if I was going to come clean or something.

Boarder crossing is a totaly differnt animal..when crossing into/out of Canda USA..you AUTOMATICAL consent to any all searches of yourself and your vehicle, PC is not needed. They can detain you with at cause for up to 18 hours. When you cross next time..READ THE BIG sign that advises you of this..or you may choose to use the turn and return lane that is just past the sign at EACH crossing..but beware..there is a special unit that monitors the "turn and return" lane..

FYI, the FEDERAL boarder crossings crimes are charged in Federal District Court..a lot harser and tougher and the seizure and forfiet lawas are the tightest around..do not need to show a "Forfiet and Siezure" PC in a court of law..they take it you lost it..then it ends up in the US FEderal Marshall's and Customs Auction in about 18-24 months.

Yea, I dont buy that..there would be so many lawsuits and pay outs..the Officers involved in these Illegal searchs would be bounced from the Dept..

I am sure that it happens from time to time, but not "whatever they like"..

I would love to be on the recieving end of this one, with the publicity and pics..an easy $75K out of court done deal...

I guarantee you there is more to this story...

Open container, no front plate, littering, suspoended plates or license..there was something, no matter how small it was to start this search...

Cops just do whatever they want. They deal with the settlements later, at your expense. Then they are replaced by another ignorant donut muncher for a lower payroll.. This isn't complicated folks.

Those cops have been watching too much Miami Vice. If I was a drug dealer that was sucessful enough to get an LP640, you better belive that I would not be rolling around with anything in the car. Duh.

QUOTE (neil donkin @ Jun 13 2011, 06:23 PM) *

Yea, I dont buy that..there would be so many lawsuits and pay outs..the Officers involved in these Illegal searchs would be bounced from the Dept..

I am sure that it happens from time to time, but not "whatever they like"..

I would love to be on the recieving end of this one, with the publicity and pics..an easy $75K out of court done deal...

I guarantee you there is more to this story...

Open container, no front plate, littering, suspoended plates or license..there was something, no matter how small it was to start this search...

Take it from someone who lives there.........they can...and they do!!

Those cops have been watching too much Miami Vice. If I was a drug dealer that was sucessful enough to get an LP640, you better belive that I would not be rolling around with anything in the car. Duh.

Exact same thing I was thinking..........