Bad Ass Porsche Pics...

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this RWB thing. What's the big deal?

Japanese dude makes crazy wide bodied 930/964/993's. (Agressive RSR looking cars with big wings, big wheels with crazy offsets etc)

Has a cult following in that part of the world.

A lot of people like his one off hand built "bodies". (He doesn't do any motor work)

Fatlace here in the US became their distributor for N America. They built 2 cars for SEMA.

They look sweet in pictures IMO, I have not had the chance to see one of his cars in person.

Think of DP/Gemballa back in the mid 80's

Japanese dude makes crazy wide bodied 930/964/993's. (Agressive RSR looking cars with big wings, big wheels with crazy offsets etc)

A lot of people like his one off hand built "bodies". (He doesn't do any motor work)

Fatlace here in the US became their distributor for N America. They built 2 cars for SEMA.

They look sweet in pictures IMO, I have not had the chance to see one of his cars in person.

Saw one today at SEMA looked "good from far but far from good" in my opinion. If the body panels were molded on and not riveted with huge wavy gaps everywhere it would be hot!

Yep, I agree. A fully molded set of fenders on a 964 is his best shit.

Yes, I know exactly what they do, I just don't see what the big deal is. The stuff is strictly aesthetic, I just don't get it.

Yes, I know exactly what they do, I just don't see what the big deal is. The stuff is strictly aesthetic, I just don't get it.

Aesthetically, do you find this appealing at all?

25z2fbr.jpg

RWB tries to lighten the cars and improve the handling while doing minimum performance mods like intake, exhaust and ECU. styling and handling seem to be his most desired attributes.

As far as the car here, where they dont by the shop here? Or were they built by Nakai Sans?

RWB tries to lighten the cars and improve the handling while doing minimum performance mods like intake, exhaust and ECU. styling and handling seem to be his most desired attributes.

As far as the car here, where they dont by the shop here? Or were they built by Nakai Sans?

They were built by him, here in the US.

Ah nice. Sad to hear they dont look that good up close. Although the riveted moldings has always kind of been a porsche thing going back to the 993 GT2's and such.

This is what all the wavy gaps look like around all the fenders etc. Btw it does look more dramatic in person than the pics I took with my iPhone make it out to be.

photo.JPG

They look damn hot but def DIY.....if someone else had done this work on the Europe car....it wouldnt be worth shit.

Also, unless the interiors are stripped out I dont believe the cars are lighter....they will be heavier in the 'supersports' sense of the 80's carrera. No engine mods is silly, less aero, more weight, more rubber on the ground...all with stock HP..

Mod the shit out of them.....please. :icon_mrgreen:

Holy shit duece. That does look terrible. You have any more pictures of it?

As far as the making them lighter. Yes, they are all completely stripped inside.

Wow, that does look like shit! The wavy from bolt to bolt would not fly with me. That is nothing close to the caliber of a 993 GT cars that have similar "bolt on" widening of the wheel wells.

Who the hell is going to put that much into the body and not mod the motor? That just does not make sense to me. If it looks like a "race car" it better perform like one.

Wow, that does look like shit! The wavy from bolt to bolt would not fly with me. That is nothing close to the caliber of a 993 GT cars that have similar "bolt on" widening of the wheel wells.

Who the hell is going to put that much into the body and not mod the motor? That just does not make sense to me. If it looks like a "race car" it better perform like one.

It's a high end poseur mobile if I ever saw one, all show no go.

It's a high end poseur mobile if I ever saw one, all show no go.

That being said... just because they dont mod the motors.. doesnt mean others wont...

That being said... just because they dont mod the motors.. doesnt mean others wont...

Rauh-Welt reminds me of a $120 hair cut I once had. I was really into this girl and she took me to this fancy salon where this Fekkai character spun around me like a whirling dervish. Snip snip flute of champagne, I walked out of there feeling like a million bucks. Took a shower and realized I'm still the same fat asshole I've always been. Moral of the story, any asshole can flip thru Excellence magazine and find vendors selling the same parts. He's not doing anything special, anyone can replicate this shit and at a far less premium with better results.

As far as the making them lighter. Yes, they are all completely stripped inside.

Really? Then what's all this?

Note both the rear wiper and sunroof are intact...

4653423_large2.jpg

The cars look like race cars yet they're nothing more than street cars with race body work with big wheels...

6295739706_3b9e6a0fac_b.jpg

6292607792_a2bff48e90_b.jpg

And then worse, he NAMES THEM!

6295208659_704155a1c1_b.jpg

I know each car is different and this owner in particular may have wanted the full interior retained, the reality is though that every thing he does to these cars ultimately will make them slower. If you want a fast 911, look to the original Yellowbird or even Allan's old turbo RS replica. That's how you make a fast 911.

Really? Then what's all this?

Note both the rear wiper and sunroof are intact...

4653423_large2.jpg

The cars look like race cars yet they're nothing more than street cars with race body work with big wheels...

6295739706_3b9e6a0fac_b.jpg

6292607792_a2bff48e90_b.jpg

And then worse, he NAMES THEM!

6295208659_704155a1c1_b.jpg

I know each car is different and this owner in particular may have wanted the full interior retained, the reality is though that every thing he does to these cars ultimately will make them slower. If you want a fast 911, look to the original Yellowbird or even Allan's old turbo RS replica. That's how you make a fast 911.

That i definitely agree with.. If you are looking for Ultimate speed, this is not the way to go..

Ya, thats not my cup of tea either.. I rather drive a Rauh Welt poseur car cause that is ugly.

I would have gotten it for the drivetrain and suspension and sold the rest. Try getting thoseparts together for $45k.

There are plenty of engine tuners to make it go as much as it shows. I just think for the most part they look fantastic. I love "Number 1"