This would be cool to do

Allan-Herbie

Tony is doing the black car (LP400S S2) I purchased in Seattle aka Pawnshop car :)

Being restored back to original silver (Argento) over black. So far it is turning out great...car should be in paint next week. It is a complete restoration and rebuild...even the gearbox. Tony has been great and his work fantastic. I cannot wait to see the car finished.

Brian

Now for one of my Countach newb questions, would the S2 be considered a low body or a high body???

And for the record I have to tahnk you countach guys for the knowledge you have bestowed upon me. Albeit small, when I was up at Evans i asked a few direct countach questions to Mr. Evans and he recieved the questions well taking me next door into his back room that was chalk full of CT's. That was quite the experience.

Also, did that silver countach ever reside in the midwest. Around 2000 a guy drove a silver countach into the car dealer I worked at. I have never seen it since and wasnt familiar enough with countachs at the time to know if it was a LP400S, LP5000S, QV or what. I nkow it wasnt a LP400 or an Anniv car.

Now for one of my Countach newb questions, would the S2 be considered a low body or a high body???

And for the record I have to tahnk you countach guys for the knowledge you have bestowed upon me. Albeit small, when I was up at Evans i asked a few direct countach questions to Mr. Evans and he recieved the questions well taking me next door into his back room that was chalk full of CT's. That was quite the experience.

it is a low body

S1 and S2 are lowbodies

S3 is the first hi body car

some things are common in S2-S3 cars (interior, door panels, magnesium wheels, etc) and different from S3 to 5000S

one thing i learnt about countach is that many things were changed and some of those changes are not correlated with the variant or well known

as an example the late 400S cars have leather dashboards instead of mousehair but still retaining the 400S style interior (flat door panels, simple tunnel, etc..)

an other curious thing: campagnolo dish wheels were used on 400S cars (S2 and S3) BUT also on the very early 5000S cars ( i am talking about 4-5 (?) cars)

Also, did that silver countach ever reside in the midwest. Around 2000 a guy drove a silver countach into the car dealer I worked at. I have never seen it since and wasnt familiar enough with countachs at the time to know if it was a LP400S, LP5000S, QV or what. I nkow it wasnt a LP400 or an Anniv car.

No records of it in the midwest.