Advice on best IPod ear phones please...

deekss

I just got these......

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/ear...ating-earphones

A little pricey but I had the old version of these and they lasted me 3 1/2 years. I remember buying them and was reluctant to spend the money. I think they were $350 back then and were the best earphones for sound, fit and noise cancelling all in one that I've ever had.

One of the plastic tips that you push the interchangeable ear pieces on and off from broke otherwise they were and still work perfect but without that plastic piece you can't put anything on it to put it in your ear. They just broke on me coming back from NY a few weeks ago.

The new ones came this week and are insane. Their site shows them for $550 but I found them on amazon for $420. I figured if the last ones for $350 lasted me 3 1/2 years, then I got my money's worth and had no problem buying the new version. These new ones come with a 2 year warranty as well.

I just got these......

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/ear...ating-earphones

A little pricey but I had the old version of these and they lasted me 3 1/2 years. I remember buying them and was reluctant to spend the money. I think they were $350 back then and were the best earphones for sound, fit and noise cancelling all in one that I've ever had.

One of the plastic tips that you push the interchangeable ear pieces on and off from broke otherwise they were and still work perfect but without that plastic piece you can't put anything on it to put it in your ear. They just broke on me coming back from NY a few weeks ago.

The new ones came this week and are insane. Their site shows them for $550 but I found them on amazon for $420. I figured if the last ones for $350 lasted me 3 1/2 years, then I got my money's worth and had no problem buying the new version. These new ones come with a 2 year warranty as well.

Glad you're enjoying these.

Have you ever been to CES? I went to the Shure booth two years ago and heard their entire earphone and headphone line back to back. Once you cross the $200 mark, it's pretty much an issue of taste not necessarily the more expensive one is better. I liked the SE450 more than the SE550, not by a lot but just more my taste...but it was also $100 cheaper too.

Speakers, headphones, just about all audio products should be tested before bought when you consider the amount of money some of them cost and the fact that you have no idea what you're getting until you hear them.

We have a better idea what a $350k Aventador is like as a car with pics, videos, exhaust clips, driving impressions comparing it to other cars than you we with the average $100 audio product, its spec sheets and forum reviews, lol.

Glad you're enjoying these.

Have you ever been to CES? I went to the Shure booth two years ago and heard their entire earphone and headphone line back to back. Once you cross the $200 mark, it's pretty much an issue of taste not necessarily the more expensive one is better. I liked the SE450 more than the SE550, not by a lot but just more my taste...but it was also $100 cheaper too.

Speakers, headphones, just about all audio products should be tested before bought when you consider the amount of money some of them cost and the fact that you have no idea what you're getting until you hear them.

We have a better idea what a $350k Aventador is like as a car with pics, videos, exhaust clips, driving impressions comparing it to other cars than you we with the average $100 audio product, its spec sheets and forum reviews, lol.

lol...the first set I bought off of a recommendation from some friends of mine that are musicians. I also have a set of these

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/ear...ence-headphones

I play the drums as a hobby and use an electronic roland kit at home with a monitor but when playing with my ipod plugged in it mixes the sounds of the ipod and the drums into the headphones. Nothing compares to these for crisp, clear sounds to really hear everything little thing you want to hear while playing.

I like these . They work good enough for me and if you loose them or break them no big deal.