Gracious Audi offer!

g-force

I ordered a 2012 5.2 spyder. Already wife has 4.2 coupe.

I wanted Euro delivery. Plan on touring south of France etc.

Problem is after Nov1 German law requires all weather snow tires.

In esssence no Euro delivery intil April 1st.

Al I need was 1 week bump in production to meet the deliv deadline.

Just heard this morning factory won't/can't do that... bummer...

then they offered the tour and the use of an R8 for

15 days!!!!

Class gesture and I'm taking them up on it,

Giving my sales rep a bottle of Cristal!

Soon EU will create a law that regulates how much oxygen you can consume... :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats Wayne, be sure to take pictures for us. :icon_thumleft:

Soon EU will create a law that regulates how much oxygen you can consume... :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats Wayne, be sure to take pictures for us. :icon_thumleft:

I will my usual poor qualty.

Hey I told the Audi rep they can give me Gt version...I'm considering buying one....

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...I'M SURE!

That's pretty awesome. I've heard some pretty great things about VW Group and european delivery. I heard a similar thing about some guys GT3 not being ready for a few days later than planned, so they gave him a GT3 of theirs to use for those days, then delivered his to him a few days later in some other city, while picking up the one they lent him.

I didn't even get milk in my coffe when I bought the RS5 :thefinger:

Hey they just informed the 15 day loaner is a Spyder...I didn't ask if it was a V-10 ..didn't

want to be pushy..they are already picking us up at airport driving us to a hotal

I selected and they are paying for! in addition they are paying registration and insurance for 15 days.

I sent 3 bottles of Cristal last week. 1 for my salesman,1 for Audi regional rep,1 for head of Audi european

delivery (he said he couldn't accept gifts from clients)...so I sent it to my salesman to give him.

Should be fun trip. First stop frankfort auto show then off to amtserdam,paris,monaco etc.

Hey they just informed the 15 day loaner is a Spyder...I didn't ask if it was a V-10 ..didn't

want to be pushy..they are already picking us up at airport driving us to a hotal

I selected and they are paying for! in addition they are paying registration and insurance for 15 days.

I sent 3 bottles of Cristal last week. 1 for my salesman,1 for Audi regional rep,1 for head of Audi european

delivery (he said he couldn't accept gifts from clients)...so I sent it to my salesman to give him.

Should be fun trip. First stop frankfort auto show then off to amtserdam,paris,monaco etc.

Drive up to Sweden for a day or two and I will buy you some Armand instead :icon_thumleft:

If more European countries would apply the same rules as Germany (concerning cars) it would be a lot safer. Too many idiots drive around with shitty tires and cause accidents. That's why they are so strict.

Drive up to Sweden for a day or two and I will buy you some Armand instead :icon_thumleft:

The whole trip planned but who knows after we go to amsterdam????????

The whole trip planned but who knows after we go to amsterdam????????

I've driven to Amsterdam several times, you should be able to do it in 10 hours with a R8, no problems.. Stockholm is very nice this time of year, let me know and I will steer something fun up! Enjoy!

I've driven to Amsterdam several times, you should be able to do it in 10 hours with a R8, no problems.. Stockholm is very nice this time of year, let me know and I will steer something fun up! Enjoy!

meet us in amsterdam....smoke cafe/coffee house of your choice!

meet us in amsterdam....smoke cafe/coffee house of your choice!

I'm more of a drinker than a coffeshop guy but what the hell, PM your travel plans and we'll see if we can hook up? I have an uncle in The Dam who always fixes crazy stuff :)

I'm more of a drinker than a coffeshop guy but what the hell, PM your travel plans and we'll see if we can hook up? I have an uncle in The Dam who always fixes crazy stuff :)

PM sent

I believe Audi gives a 5% discount if you do ED. Will definitely offset any expenses during your trip.

I am picking up my 1///M Aug 31st in Welt and touring South Germany. BMW does a little better and offers 7%.

I believe Audi gives a 5% discount if you do ED. Will definitely offset any expenses during your trip.

I am picking up my 1///M Aug 31st in Welt and touring South Germany. BMW does a little better and offers 7%.

no discount on r8 but thats ok I'm driving theirs no charge!

I think the discount is on models excluding the R8.

Question though. How do you plan to do 2 weeks with 2 people in a car with only the trunk up front?

1 suitcase fits one small dufflebag...isn't going to be easy!

BTW, pick up a TomTom for Europe. Even though they are giving you their R8 which has the Europe nav, ask for a TomTom because the R8 nav sucks. The TomTom also should have speed camera locations on it, which is pretty useful if you want to get on the gas. I've been using one the last few weeks while in DE, CZ, and H. Works really well.

Also, if you have time, take the scenic roads in France rather than just using the auto routes.. If I remember correctly, they are denoted by N. It's also nice to just get lost in some small village/town areas. The small, winding local roads are usually really nice to drive briskly. Just be careful, as they aren't very wide.

Didn't know that!

I guess its better than porsche which charges you for ED! :rolleyes:

Aidi charges $3900 for thev R8 delivery

BTW, pick up a TomTom for Europe. Even though they are giving you their R8 which has the Europe nav, ask for a TomTom because the R8 nav sucks. The TomTom also should have speed camera locations on it, which is pretty useful if you want to get on the gas. I've been using one the last few weeks while in DE, CZ, and H. Works really well.

Also, if you have time, take the scenic roads in France rather than just using the auto routes.. If I remember correctly, they are denoted by N. It's also nice to just get lost in some small village/town areas. The small, winding local roads are usually really nice to drive briskly. Just be careful, as they aren't very wide.

Thanks for the info. I bought the book "500 of the worlds most spectacular trips"...france has a few.