09 lp640-Salvage

Dr. Noisewater

Had a left front impact, suspension, fender, bumper, headlight and minor drivers door and rocker. Car wasn't that bad, but I can't attest to the quality of the repair.

Thanks Abolfaz, ill pass on the info.

Must have been enough damage for the insurance company to total the car. That would take about 100-125k of repair work. For some reason I cant imagine those figures.

You have been enlightened by the Keymaster. If it's a car, and it's a Lambo and has a key....thena Abolfaz knows about it's condition. Amazing......simply amazing!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

I heard that insurance companies will total these exotics for little $ damage to avoid the unseen that could be a bottomless pit? And not to mention the PITA picky owner that paid big bucks for the car in the first place and will want it rebuilt to perfection.

I did it, but I didn’t buy it finished like this one. I put parts and labor into mine. I think it’s the best way to get into something for a huge discount. And the best part about it is, the car is already devalued, so you could drive the wheels off of it without any care at all. Though, it will be hard to sell when you want to get rid of it. You just have to view it relatively. In other words, you purchased it with a 40% discount, you will sell it at a similar discount. I wouldn’t do this unless you plan to keep for a long time anyway. That way, you would get the most value from your savings.

According to Abolfaz, this was just parts replacement and minor body work. Anything that goes wrong with this car would go wrong with a clean title one.

Like I say, it’s just a machine... good men built it and good man can fix it.

• 2 months later...

MODO,

That car came up before in discussion. As you said it is too much at 160k but it will not come down. Unfortunately for us potential buyers wanting a price drop it will probably not come. Someone out there with more money than sense always jumps in there and scoops them up.

MODO,

That car came up before in discussion. As you said it is too much at 160k but it will not come down. Unfortunately for us potential buyers wanting a price drop it will probably not come. Someone out there with more money than sense always jumps in there and scoops them up.

I never saw this one. How bad was the damage?

baky had a similar car but with concave ADV rims if i recall, but it is not the same car .... that one you have shown was repaired in or around NY if i remember correctly..... theres a thread about the details of the car and everything

baky had a similar car but with concave ADV rims if i recall, but it is not the same car .... that one you have shown was repaired in or around NY if i remember correctly..... theres a thread about the details of the car and everything

I've been searching for the thread detailing this car, but haven't come across it. Can you please reference it?

MODO

Im looking too. The thread title was something like "very good deal for someone". I referenced buying it and some more knowledgeable members pointed why it was not such a great deal.

Looks worse then they say. $125 was a no brainer, you could drive the wheels off of it and not give a flying fcuk.

Sold last night for $156k Thats stupid money.

Sold last night for $156k Thats stupid money.

$125k for a patched up, salvage title '07 LP640 with 20,000 miles is all the money in the world. $156k is downright retarded.

$125k for a patched up, salvage title '07 LP640 with 20,000 miles is all the money in the world. $156k is downright retarded.

shit! with those miles alone its not worth that price. Throw in the repairs (even if they were minor) and that buyer got ripped off!!!

It seems the sale never went through on this car for the 2nd time recently. The next person should review the info on here, have a PPI and make an informed decision and not rely on what the auctions say. I wonder why the sales are failing at the last minute.

There was a white salvaged LP640 in Canada that was on Copart until Monday this week, not sure what happened to that one.

It seems the sale never went through on this car for the 2nd time recently. The next person should review the info on here, have a PPI and make an informed decision and not rely on what the auctions say. I wonder why the sales are failing at the last minute.

There was a white salvaged LP640 in Canada that was on Copart until Monday this week, not sure what happened to that one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-LAMBOR...e#ht_940wt_1169

From the ad...

TAKE A LOOK AT PICS AT THE QUALITY REPAIR

Somehow I think you'll have a hard time getting anyone (except maybe shazam) to describe that repair as "quality".

ZHWBU37S67LA02344_repair.jpg

ZHWBU37S67LA02344_repair_closeup.jpg

Nice of you to post the pictures of the previous repair so everyone knows what happened. If anyone on here is really considering it, you can PM me as I have more info then what is listed in this thread. I won't go into anything in this thread publicly though.

Nice of you to post the pictures of the previous repair so everyone knows what happened. If anyone on here is really considering it, you can PM me as I have more info then what is listed in this thread. I won't go into anything in this thread publicly though.

Why not share what you know right here?