Murci transmission in a Diablo

BABVT

Hi

My mate is considering changing his 5 speed Diablo transmission to a 6 speed Murci transmission. My questions is, will the Murci transmission bolt straight in without any modification? He has a 97 SV.

Thanks again

Bruce

i am not sure it will bolt

but not worth the hassle

just put a SVR gearbox with short ratios

it is all it needs

Hi

My mate is considering changing his 5 speed Diablo transmission to a 6 speed Murci transmission. My questions is, will the Murci transmission bolt straight in without any modification? He has a 97 SV.

Thanks again

Bruce

I believe he can get his hands on a Murci transmission at a good price.

I believe he can get his hands on a Murci transmission at a good price.

It seems to me, that it sounds like if your mate is in the business of making gigantic headaches for himself, business will be good. I doubt the m-box would just "bolt in."

Is there any particular fascination with having the Murcielago 6-speed in a Diablo that he has? Or is it just to say so?

Like others suggested, why not just go with an SVR box.

It seems to me, that it sounds like if your mate is in the business of making gigantic headaches for himself, business will be good. I doubt the m-box would just "bolt in."

Is there any particular fascination with having the Murcielago 6-speed in a Diablo that he has? Or is it just to say so?

No fascination. He knows of a box that he can get at a good price. Frankly, I wouldn't change what he has got. I think buying the Murci box at a good price has got him curious. Before he purchases, he just wanted to know if it will fit or not.

I think it would be easier to fit a Murcie box in a Diablo than getting a hold of an SVR box... (this is where emilio pops up and says he knows a couple for sale :icon_mrgreen: )

Either way it won't be worth it imo.

I think it would be easier to fit a Murcie box in a Diablo than getting a hold of an SVR box... (this is where emilio pops up and says he knows a couple for sale :icon_mrgreen: )

Either way it won't be worth it imo.

it is easier to get a hold of an SVR box :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

The Murci box should line up to the engine the same since it's basically the same engine

I assume that the mounts are in the same spots since the chassis is basically the same

The position of the shifter might be different.

If he's trying to keep AWD, it will probably need a 6 speed torque tube & driveshaft

- Is the gear ratio of the front diff the same between 5 & 6 speed?

- Going RWD would probably lessen the headache.

For physically mounting the unit, the worst thing I can think of would be some custom mounts. However, I am not sure what electronics the 6 speed has connected to it vs. the 5 speed.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like it would line up as a few here have been saying. The concern is the shifter. Talking to a guy over here, he said the mounts would be the biggest concern.

The viscous coupling may be an issue cauz it’s in the Murcie front diff and the Diablo trans.

In other words, the mod will result in no viscous coupling. Can you say drive train wind up?