Diablo parts

AT

Bad news folks....I was talking to my Lambo parts supplier today and it appearantly Audi no longer has an interest in the Diablo model.. Apparently parts for this car are no longer being made, and Audi has zero interest in keeping this model alive and well.

I think that SUCKS huge harry balls. This is the car that brought Lambo into the 90's and made the company a profit. Audi is making a huge mistake. I really hope an aftermarket company will step up to the plate and offer parts for these wonderful cars.

It's even worse than that. Audi destroyed a lot of historic documentation and threw loads of spare parts in the trash.

Where did you find this information ? I know in the past (pre-Audi) a lot of documentation was destroyed, especially during the days that the factory was not in a financially good shape and was subsequently sold.

Where did you find this information ? I know in the past (pre-Audi) a lot of documentation was destroyed, especially during the days that the factory was not in a financially good shape and was subsequently sold.

My dealer, he has been there and seen it with his own eyes. He managed to buy a lot of stuff though, saving it from destruction. Everything from stuff like original wrapped Diablo GT instruction manuals to small spare parts and some very unique historical documents. They even had a BUCKET FULL of Diablo key blanks they actually threw away since they thought they didn't need them... Unfortunately he didn't get them first.

My dealer, he has been there and seen it with his own eyes. He managed to buy a lot of stuff though, saving it from destruction. Everything from stuff like original wrapped Diablo GT instruction manuals to small spare parts and some very unique historical documents. They even had a BUCKET FULL of Diablo key blanks they actually threw away since they thought they didn't need them... Unfortunately he didn't get them first.

Indeed sad to see this news appear. ...

BTW What unique historical documents did your dealer find ?

Indeed sad to see this news appear. ...

BTW What unique historical documents did your dealer find ?

He's very secretive about it, but it's stuff like a complete overview over all Diablos ever to leave the factory, documents regarding the original Miura Jota, the statement from Lamborghini regarding the SE30 prototype and its tuned engine (a scan of this one is somewhere here on the forum) etc. I say "stuff like", cause I'm not sure these examples is what he actually got his hands on.

He's very secretive about it, but it's stuff like a complete overview over all Diablos ever to leave the factory, documents regarding the original Miura Jota, the statement from Lamborghini regarding the SE30 prototype and its tuned engine (a scan of this one is somewhere here on the forum) etc. I say "stuff like", cause I'm not sure these examples is what he actually got his hands on.

I vote to have all documents scanned and shared by publishing them on-line !

I vote to have all documents scanned and shared by publishing them on-line !

Agreed! If a complete list with data on all Diablos to leave the factory excist, please do share. :eusa_dance:

So they are keeping parts up for older cars like countach but not the Diablo? That doesn't make sense

No no, they got rid of everything, but the majority was Diablo stuff, the older parts were more scarce to begin with.

It's even worse than that. Audi destroyed a lot of historic documentation and threw loads of spare parts in the trash.

that is completely crazy

they could have sold them to parts dealer at huge discount and sold everything

Placid: do you know if your dealer has few key blanks?

I just called my local dealer for a wide variety of Diablo parts ranging from body parts to wiring harnesses, everything was available and only one week away. I'm confused?

Yeah, this doesn't seem legit to me either. That would be a massive hit to the lambo suppliers out there and I haven't heard anything. How could that possibly be beneficial to Lamborghini to kill off support for older cars, especially when all that shit wasn't cheap anyways. It's not like they were keeping massive stock quantities as I had to wait for quite a few parts from them, which I expect to happen with a rare car like this of that age. Either way, just like in the government logistics world, when a manufacturer or supplier drops out, they (please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors for example) will find other suppliers I'd imagine.

The parts that are still available are old stock items sitting in lambo's warehouse..already cataloged and ready to be sold. NEWLY made replacement Diablo parts are not being produced anymore. Once the stock runs out..thats it. We will be stuck buying used parts unless somebody steps up to the plate and starts making parts for these cars in the aftermarket.

So yes, parts are still available, but the supply will not be replenished.

I just called my local dealer for a wide variety of Diablo parts ranging from body parts to wiring harnesses, everything was available and only one week away. I'm confused?

It was mostly historical items as I said, but also parts. I'm guessing this was items not cataloged in the warehouse, but rather floating around the factory in the early 00's.

Sure you can still get parts, but chances are they are replicas. Try finding some original Carello lights for instance.