2$ bill

soup

I use $2 bills regularly. It bothers me that so many people think they are "rare" -- they are still being minted, just not every year. I believe the most recent run was 2003 and you can find them in abundance at any bank.

I use them when I travel because they're great for fares, tips, etc.

Ive got a handful of 2's I also have a few 1 dollar silver certificates as well as 5's and a few other odd and ends. never really serious but every time i would go visit Philadelphia i would hit the mint and pick up a few cool pieces.

For anyone that is curious about getting them at a bank (being able to go in and request them at anytime), I just talked to my Fiance about it last night (she works at a major bank). She confirmed that is true, and that if you want a large amount of them (say like Romans stack of 100 of them), you can actually order them a week in advance and they will have them sent to the bank just for you. Otherwise you can ask for them at any teller and they will usually give you whatever they have on hand.

Just some info as I didnt know that either. :) You dont see them that often so I used to save them whenever one would come along. Apparently they come through the bank almost everyday.

On another note, my Fiance also works as the manager of a retail store part time, and in the last 2 weeks, a TON of silver coins have passed through their registers. The first time it happened, she was nice enough to split it with another cashier (a lady paid for part of a large grocery order with $10 worth of silver 1962 quarters). Her and the cashier both informed the lady that they were valuable and she didnt care in the least, said that she had dozens of rolls of them. So after the women left she split them up amongst them. The second time it happened was this week, as she was preparing to send up the closing tills she noticed 10 silver 1942 half dollars in the register. She quickly swapped them with a $5 bill from her wallet and brought them home. :) At yesterdays rounded silver price (or melt value), those 10 half-dollars are worth about $112, and the 20 quarters are worth another $112.

Needless to say on the nights she works, shes going to be keeping a much closer eye out for them from now on. :icon_mrgreen:

they also work great at the strip clubs to tip the stage girls

One the clubs in S. Scottsdale (Skin) changes everyone out with two dollar bills. They caught on to that 'trick' a long time ago and now exploit it to their favor. So all you guys with your two dollar bills, just make sure you give it a cautionary sniff before you put it in your wallet. :icon_mrgreen: