Any Skyline Hakosuka owners on here?

Destructo

While i love the new GT-R, having seen pics and learning more about these vintage beasts I have grown to love them more, despite knowing less.

Anyone have one on here that would like to post some pics and or write-up on it?

Good one Dav, I love the hoko..... Too bad it's so hard to find a nice one and they are so much money....... Love to see some pix if anyone has it on lpower.

Good one Dav, I love the hoko..... Too bad it's so hard to find a nice one and they are so much money....... Love to see some pix if anyone has it on lpower.

You should get one Alex!

I wouldn't mind a 2000gt (?) just for a fun vintage JDM cruiser. While the GT-R would be prime, the money on those cars is INSANE! Out of my reach for sure, not to mention getting them to the States.

I read somewhere that people import the parts of the R34 into the states and rebuild the car as a kit car.

BTW why isn't the R34 allowed into the US? Is it just because of emissions?

Alex, I thought that you had one? Isn't there one on your site with huge flames coming out of the tailpipe?

I read somewhere that people import the parts of the R34 into the states and rebuild the car as a kit car.

BTW why isn't the R34 allowed into the US? Is it just because of emissions?

Kaizo did that, but they cut corners and did some other things that were illegal and the owner is now in jail or on trial.

I think emissions and lack of door bars or something safety/crash related.

To register it as a kit car it has to have a different drivetrain, so what I wondering is if it would be possible to use the RB30 and a 300ZX trans to get it past registration/customs. Not sure what else goes into making the car different enough from the Skyline to get it around all the rules/regulations.

Alex, I thought that you had one? Isn't there one on your site with huge flames coming out of the tailpipe?

That's the r33, I don't have hako....... Wish I did:)

That's the r33, I don't have hako....... Wish I did:)

Ah, gotcha. I thought if a car was over 25 years old it didn't matter anyway. Is that not the case or did it at least have to be a US car at one time as a model offered?

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea why but I absolutely love these cars. These are just some random pics.

photo55.jpg

photo47.jpg

P10505181.jpg

Hakusoka.jpg

Hakusoka7.jpg

Hakusoka4.jpg

Hakusoka2.jpg

GS1020392.jpg

freewayskyline.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

1haza1.jpg