e-gear paddle extensions

Fabspeed_Motorsport

Is it 2015 yet ? :icon_mrgreen:

no, unfortunately not :( the first set is being made in CF which we do not do in house, the guy in NY doing the finishing work for us said he just finished clearing them and should have them back to us any day now!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, unfortunately not :( the first set is being made in CF which we do not do in house, the guy in NY doing the finishing work for us said he just finished clearing them and should have them back to us any day now!

:icon_thumleft:

I can wait to see the product PM price when you have info.

Looking forward to seeing this, any teasers ?

ughh, no :eusa_wall: apparently the carbon guy didnt share our vision. we told him to scrap them and send our stuff back. once i get a car in we will digitize the area using our Romer arm (cmm digitizer) and then make some preliminary units on the 3d printer (out of plastic) THEN out of metal and carbon fiber..

update! we should have a VI LP560 coming in VERY soon. once that is in house we can REALLY get the ball rolling.

:icon_thumleft: Great news.

• 1 month later...

I saw a Gallardo Blancpain race car in person the other day with very LARGE e gear paddles like a F430 Challenge car. I'm not sure if they bolt on to the factory position but it looked like they did....

6e58586.jpg

Woohoooo!

you're getting one of the first sets my friend!

I saw a Gallardo Blancpain race car in person the other day with very LARGE e gear paddles like a F430 Challenge car. I'm not sure if they bolt on to the factory position but it looked like they did....

6e58586.jpg

unfortunately no... the race car paddles don't have to contend with wiper blade or headlight stalks as they use a HUGE spacer on the wheel

here is a very rough idea made from modeling clay our machinist came up with, thought? opinions? the angle at the bottom where it comes forward wont be as extreme looking once these are in produciton

399923_10104331546213554_371426497_n_zps

Looks great! Make mine in pink clay!

I do like the look of the original Super Trofeo ones - the look the business.

the trofeo ones are LP640 paddles extended down i think. i can anodize your paddles pink if you'd like :eusa_dance:

I like the pink clay model. I'd bring them even a little closer to the steering wheel as I don't think it would be unforcomfortable or anything.

I'd kindly ask for a group buy for Lambopower members who are willing to front a bit of money to get this project going :)

Looks good Dave. How far out is production?

i should have the prototype back monday or tuesday, then once i approve it i'll get two set

I like the pink clay model. I'd bring them even a little closer to the steering wheel as I don't think it would be unforcomfortable or anything.

I'd kindly ask for a group buy for Lambopower members who are willing to front a bit of money to get this project going :)

we had them closer the problem was if you were gripping the wheel and turning it they were hitting your knuckles which was obviously an issue.

Quick thought, you could make a whole piece to replace these OR do the little slip on carbon thing that I saw someone else do before but still use the same long extension design you have pictured above. That would also work and may save a little on cost, I'm not sure.