under the skin

Albert-LP

as it was too much time i did not waste some money in my old scrap, these morning we removed the dashboard and entire cockpit...

I want to refresh the electric wiring, remove a phone and a sat nav connector (you americans...), change all dashoboard lights and put new leather on the cockpit, the dashboard and A/C dashboard.

Pictures show what there is under the leather and the removal itself, not finished yet.

051120112237.jpg

051120112252.jpg

051120112246.jpg

051120112248.jpg

051120112249.jpg

051120112242.jpg

ciao

You americans.....hahahaha

haha but that shifter has to go!

Are your gauge needles bent? Seems that over time sometimes from the heat the plastic needles can warp. You can have these rebuilt and refinished and prices are not bad last i checked... the needles get replaced with metal ones also.

Are your gauge needles bent? Seems that over time sometimes from the heat the plastic needles can warp. You can have these rebuilt and refinished and prices are not bad last i checked... the needles get replaced with metal ones also.

yes the speed gauge is bent (just this): where i could find the metal one? tell me something about it, i'm very interested! And thanks for the idea.

ciao

OH! That explains it! All this time I assumed the needles were metal and got bent when you got electrical shorts and turned on the ignition switch and the needles pegged against the stops! Now I get it.

I think I'll have mine done one of these day. Both my tach and speedometer needles have the "banana" bow to them! ;-)

Mike

You americans.....hahahaha

haha but that shifter has to go!

I have the OEM shifter too, it's perfect, but it's not comfortable at all: this MOMO knob with ball shape body is extremely comfortable. I have the OEM on my desk and another OEM (official spare part, brand new) in a box.

And then this gear knob is a personal present of former car owner Brian Pettey and i'm very proud of this red and black simple ball. :)

ciao

Well I'm not sure how it works where you are, but I would be surprised if you don't have any options for this service. There are several companies in the U.S. that provide this service. Redline in California is one company and Auto Instruments in Virginia is another. I have not personally used either but i believe Redline has done some work for Jay Leno. Anyway, while you have your gauges out you just ship them and they come back better than new. Metal needles and new glass (ditch the plastic) and faceplates as needed. They also check calibration and can set your mileage too (but i wouldn't bother with the miles). This was done on the Cannonball car if you remember those pictures. Those gauges were sent out and refurbished. I think I was quoted about $500 bucks for all the gauges from Redline and hope to do this some day. While yours are out i would consider it a MUST and also don't forget to change over to LED light bulbs... Fantastic difference it is....Mike can also attest to this. I would also wrap with heat shielding all the ducting that leads to the A/C vents. If your car, especially being black, is in the sun the actually body panels getting hot, heats up the equipment inside including this ducting.

I have the OEM shifter too, it's perfect, but it's not comfortable at all: this MOMO knob with ball shape body is extremely comfortable. I have the OEM on my desk and another OEM (official spare part, brand new) in a box.

And then this gear knob is a personal present of former car owner Brian Pettey and i'm very proud of this red and black simple ball. :)

ciao

Alberto,

Looks great...very nice job. I can assure you whatever wiring is there (Sat nav) was not done by me...must have been done by the previous owner which we now know the kind of work he did. The red knob was comfortable but OEM looks much better :)

Keep the pictures coming.

Brian

ok now we removed everything, here there are the pieces:

071120112281.jpg

what remains on the car

071120112292.jpg

071120112286.jpg

071120112299.jpg

an "american made" crap

071120112294.jpg

071120112295.jpg

here below another (bigger) "american made" crap: the entire leather of upper cockpit was redone, but in a very bad way: fortunately this time i went to former Bruno Paratelli workers shop. They do know how to rebuilt this in the right way. They are doing the LP700 seats, there was a couple of orange an black seats there, tomorrow they will be delivered at Sant'A g a ta.

071120112302.jpg

071120112301.jpg

071120112305.jpg

Note: the main battery wire was almost gone and half burnt. May be it would have caused a fire within not much time. Better check it, expecially in its part under the cockpit, where the temperatures are bigger.

ciao

here below another (bigger) "american made" crap: the entire leather of upper cockpit was redone, but in a very bad way: fortunately this time i went to former Bruno Paratelli workers shop. They do know how to rebuilt this in the right way. They are doing the LP700 seats, there was a couple of orange an black seats there, tomorrow they will be delivered at Sant'A g a ta.

Hi

Do you have details of the workshop? Are you able to give details of what work they did and what they charged? I'm thinking of getting my Silhouette interior redone.

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi

Do you have details of the workshop? Are you able to give details of what work they did and what they charged? I'm thinking of getting my Silhouette interior redone.

Thanks

Jonathan

I will post pictures of the work when finished.

Interni Auto S.n.c. di Bussolari A. & Barbieri A.

via F.lli Aventi n.35

44122 Ferrara

tel/fax 0532-909028

Here you are the pictures of the main dashboard, just finished this morning: check the difference...

121120112479.jpg

121120112477.jpg

121120112475.jpg

ciao

this was the main electrical cable i had on the car, this went from the battery to the main isolator switch under the dashboard. Car has no OEM isolator switch so this is "american made".

161120112505.jpg

Look at what this genius did... it's not a signe wire cable, it's double... and melted..

may be he had not a big one, so he used two small cables together...

161120112514.jpg

here there was no sheath at all...

161120112512.jpg

this cable had four points melted and two points uncovered: was ready for a shor circuit and a big fire...

:tyson:

Check yours!

ciao

This is the Output: new leather for steering wheel, cockpit, dashboard, A/C dashboard.

There is a small error over the radio housing, but it will be fixed next time when they will redo the rockers, taking out big outside speakers

201120112589.jpg

201120112588.jpg

201120112582.jpg

201120112590.jpg

ciao