under the skin

Albert-LP

Beautiful work Albert!!!!!! Looks amazing!!!!

By the way, if you want an OEM black button for your glove box, George Evans has them. Mine was missing when I bought my car and George took care of me! :-)

Mike

button.jpg

Thanks, Mike, i will evaulate the possibility you talk about.

I have to tell you another thing: after changing the main battery cable (and do a better ground wire) the engine starts ten times better and quickly than before. Unbelievable-

Mine car had big or small problems everywhere: now they are by far less, but the battle is not ended yet.

:icon_thumleft:

it's totally off topic, but yesterday the Lamborghini Club Italia went to visit Pagani Factory: mr. Oracio Pagani told us a lot of thing about his factory, his cars and Lamborghini too. It was a very nice visit and mr. Pagani is a very pleasant and smart man. He showed us a Zonda Tricolore waiting for delivery next week, a Zonda F roadster, the first Huayra (chassis n.1) and the assembly of other 4 Huayra and then started the engine of a Zonda R: very impressive sound!

Those cars cost five times a Lambo but they worth that money: yesterday was a very beautiful day, with our Lambos parked outside Pagani factory.

ciao

it's totally off topic, but yesterday the Lamborghini Club Italia went to visit Pagani Factory: mr. Oracio Pagani told us a lot of thing about his factory, his cars and Lamborghini too. It was a very nice visit and mr. Pagani is a very pleasant and smart man. He showed us a Zonda Tricolore waiting for delivery next week, a Zonda F roadster, the first Huayra (chassis n.1) and the assembly of other 4 Huayra and then started the engine of a Zonda R: very impressive sound!

Those cars cost five times a Lambo but they worth that money: yesterday was a very beautiful day, with our Lambos parked outside Pagani factory.

ciao

Albert:

How many hours do you think you spent removing, repair and replacing your dash? I have one small spot on my dash where the leather is pulling away that I need to fix.

Mike

Albert,

Do you have any pics of the new wiring ? Would love to see the proper work versus the old garage "hack it" connections performed. It's not always easy to restore properly but it is doable.

Congrats on your resto work!

Albert:

How many hours do you think you spent removing, repair and replacing your dash? I have one small spot on my dash where the leather is pulling away that I need to fix.

Mike

i did not do the work by myself, i'm not able to do it properly: the electrician charged me 20 hours of work to remove the dash with the a/c dash too, fix the wiring and replace all the pieces. He told me the a/c dash is a big mess, very difficult, and that he had to ask his son to help him to replace the main dash, as it's impossible to replace by a single man.

The leather work (upper and lower dash, steeering wheel and a/c dash) was 1500 euro. All the work shown is more or less 2000 euro.

ciao

Albert,

Do you have any pics of the new wiring ? Would love to see the proper work versus the old garage "hack it" connections performed. It's not always easy to restore properly but it is doable.

Congrats on your resto work!

No, i'm sorry i'havent, but i told the electrician to use a 50 mm2 main wire, and he did.

ciao

this picture of the leather work on the dashboard is my preferred one. This work worths the money!

201120112585.jpg

ciao

this picture of the leather work on the dashboard is my preferred one. This work worths the money!

201120112585.jpg

ciao

Looks perfect!

Albert, oh my god!

I recently had the same problem with the warped indicator needles on the speedo and tach. Simple fix is remove the bezel/glass, pop the needle, then "coax" it straight again. The tricky part is removing the bezel. i used a machinist scribe while rotating the gage. It goes back together without and sign of being apart.

201120112585.jpg

ciao

Great job..... :icon_thumleft:

Look's fantastic......

Got this thread a bit late but this work is quite stunning. Some scary pictures too. hearing complete redo is always interesting but when you got the pictures, you can better judge what is involved.

Very nice job

• 2 weeks later...