• Aventador!
    • LP670-SV!
    • Who fucking cares! (kane00 option)
    • Olivia Wilde!
    • I hate spiders!
    • Deuce and Allan are engaged!
    • I eat hair!
    • My balls are like robins eggs!

I don't know about it going up in value, but I do think it would have a better chance of maintaining its value then a 1st generation Aventador

Agreed. The Aventador will be worth what the 02 Murcie is worth now. 10 years from now you will have guys coming out of Whatever-Generation-Viper at the time is, coming on LP, asking if the 2011 Aventador is a good candidate to twin turbo :turboalex:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what the future holds..and I sure dont get my toys to help off-set my Medicare and Social Secutiy income in the coming years LOL

BUT..I do have a 100% faith that the SV will hold a higher elevation, price and desire in the years to come over any of the other 4100 LMurcies made..it is just a last of the last and a special car. I also think a LOT of people have yet to get it across to them that there was NOT 350 of these cars made as advertised. There has been solid conofrmation from the Factory, (just not in print from them..but by word of mouth to us that deal with them), that the production numbers barely hit 170 total world wide. It is a FACT that there were ONLY 42 USA cars produced, ONLY 3 of them with a 6 speed 3 pedal gear box. I KNOW first hand that at least 4 of them have left the USA Soil..so there are no more then 38 on our ground as of now.

Last time I spoke to the Factory guys, (in Monterrey this summer) they were pretty sure my SV had the highest miles in the World..creeping up on 20K, it's warranty wears out in July of this year. It is schedulded for a FULL go over with leak down, compression test etc etc just prior to Warranty expiration on Lambo's dime. In exchange they want the history of a car with these miles on it in three years. At the rate I am going, I expect to have close to 30K on it by then..and it currently has the same STRONG OEM Factory clutch. I have not had one single incident with the car, other then a passsanger mirrior motor that failed..it has perfromed flawlessly and it is NOT FOR SALE any longer.

I am sure a lot of you have noticed of late that I have been removing cars from my site, just cars I cant replace, dont want to replace and just want to enjoy till I go bye bye....the SV is one of those cars for me.

AND as far as the 6.0VT..not holding, I dis-agree as well. There are now several 6.0 VT AND SE cars that are being offered at or above thier orginal MSRP. BUT now of this matters as it is always going to be cars are worth what YOU will pay for it AND what the seller will let it go for.

AND if you need help in securing the correct SV at the right price, let me know, I know of a few in private hands.

I have a bias because I have an SV but I still have something to say on the subject. This summer I got to drive a lot of cars. The peak of which was when I had plenty of time to drive the Veyron Grand Sport under a wide variety of road conditions. When it was all said and done, I just couldn't get excited about anything I drove because there is a lack of driver-involvement; that intangible that gets me excited about driving something. EVERYTHING else I've driven this past summer other than the SV has bored the living shit out of me. There I said it. I have a friend who's got a valuable collection of vintage race cars and he went through the exact same experience, which is why he turned to vintage race cars. He wanted the noise, the driver involvement, the excitement and I am now leaning more towards finding that next thing that excites me in that direction, preferably in an exotic, but who knows.

When I drive the SV, I never turn on the stereo or bother to listen to anything but the amazing sounds that come through the firewall. Yet, when I was in the LP700, I found myself fiddling with the radio, and paying attention to other things no differently than I would my daily driver. I was bored. I'm sure the Aventador will do just fine in the market initially and Lamborghini will build far more than the market can support. Furthermore, without them spending a dime building any culture behind the brand, resale values won't likely be there for the long haul.

I was told by the factory that they built 186 SVs in total, 42 for the US market, and that at least six have left the US leaving just 36 here. You'd think Lamborghini would renumber the badges in actual order, but they don't give a shit about resale. Of those 36, I have no idea how many will end up in private collections, never to be driven. I know I still get a thrill when I go out driving mine and have no intention of locking it away.

I dont know what the future holds..and I sure dont get my toys to help off-set my Medicare and Social Secutiy income in the coming years LOL

BUT..I do have a 100% faith that the SV will hold a higher elevation, price and desire in the years to come over any of the other 4100 LMurcies made..it is just a last of the last and a special car. I also think a LOT of people have yet to get it across to them that there was NOT 350 of these cars made as advertised. There has been solid conofrmation from the Factory, (just not in print from them..but by word of mouth to us that deal with them), that the production numbers barely hit 170 total world wide. It is a FACT that there were ONLY 42 USA cars produced, ONLY 3 of them with a 6 speed 3 pedal gear box. I KNOW first hand that at least 4 of them have left the USA Soil..so there are no more then 38 on our ground as of now.

Last time I spoke to the Factory guys, (in Monterrey this summer) they were pretty sure my SV had the highest miles in the World..creeping up on 20K, it's warranty wears out in July of this year. It is schedulded for a FULL go over with leak down, compression test etc etc just prior to Warranty expiration on Lambo's dime. In exchange they want the history of a car with these miles on it in three years. At the rate I am going, I expect to have close to 30K on it by then..and it currently has the same STRONG OEM Factory clutch. I have not had one single incident with the car, other then a passsanger mirrior motor that failed..it has perfromed flawlessly and it is NOT FOR SALE any longer.

I am sure a lot of you have noticed of late that I have been removing cars from my site, just cars I cant replace, dont want to replace and just want to enjoy till I go bye bye....the SV is one of those cars for me.

AND as far as the 6.0VT..not holding, I dis-agree as well. There are now several 6.0 VT AND SE cars that are being offered at or above thier orginal MSRP. BUT now of this matters as it is always going to be cars are worth what YOU will pay for it AND what the seller will let it go for.

AND if you need help in securing the correct SV at the right price, let me know, I know of a few in private hands.

Your right Roy, there's ALWAYS a "number" Hopefully one day I'll have that number for either the gold 6.0 or the 670SV! Either would be a great stable mate for my Roadster (hey, you got your blue one yet?) Hope to see you when your in town for B-Jackson. And THANKS AGAIN, Teresa LOVES her new ride! Kevin

I have a bias because I have an SV but I still have something to say on the subject. This summer I got to drive a lot of cars. The peak of which was when I had plenty of time to drive the Veyron Grand Sport under a wide variety of road conditions. When it was all said and done, I just couldn't get excited about anything I drove because there is a lack of driver-involvement; that intangible that gets me excited about driving something. EVERYTHING else I've driven this past summer other than the SV has bored the living shit out of me. There I said it. I have a friend who's got a valuable collection of vintage race cars and he went through the exact same experience, which is why he turned to vintage race cars. He wanted the noise, the driver involvement, the excitement and I am now leaning more towards finding that next thing that excites me in that direction, preferably in an exotic, but who knows.

When I drive the SV, I never turn on the stereo or bother to listen to anything but the amazing sounds that come through the firewall. Yet, when I was in the LP700, I found myself fiddling with the radio, and paying attention to other things no differently than I would my daily driver. I was bored. I'm sure the Aventador will do just fine in the market initially and Lamborghini will build far more than the market can support. Furthermore, without them spending a dime building any culture behind the brand, resale values won't likely be there for the long haul.

I was told by the factory that they built 186 SVs in total, 42 for the US market, and that at least six have left the US leaving just 36 here. You'd think Lamborghini would renumber the badges in actual order, but they don't give a shit about resale. Of those 36, I have no idea how many will end up in private collections, never to be driven. I know I still get a thrill when I go out driving mine and have no intention of locking it away.

I agree with Tommy as I have already said..AND his VI SV is a one of kind fun, cool car. I am lucky to have him here in the NW with it..love the SV cars. Funny the statement about the "Vintage" cars. It is so true..I NEVER imagined in my wildest dreams that my LP400 Periscopa would thrill me the way it does. After getting it back and enjoying about 300 miles with it so far...I to have started picking up the great cars that ARE FUN to drive....if I just want to get from A to B I can drie my SUV..but if I need enjoyment time...it's the FUN cars that still NEED me to drive them correctly, not just a press of the right foot and let the electronics take care of the rest.

As far as "re-number" the SV cars..I also have not understood why they dont do that and just come out with the real numbers..I was told that it may be a "Legal" issue as their were some customers that paid extra to get direct car numbers..one for sure was the premium for the "LAST" 350 of 350 number plate on the supposed LAST SV made..???

Thanks Everyone! I am in talks on a LP-670-SV. It just does it more for me, both inside and out (looks-wise). Hopefully I will be able to report that one is on its way soon! Special thanks to Roy for his help with info. I bought my Gallardo from him and it was an excellent experience and continues to be an excellent relationship. For the record, he is not selling me his or sourcing it for me, he extended his knowledge as a fellow enthusiast. Great guy to have on our team.

Hopefully I will have some good news by the end of the week ;-)

All that said, I do think the Aventador is an epic car. I think it will evolve in to something greater as time goes on. The SV is hardcore, and the Aventador is a clean new upgraded sheet of canvas. I guess at the moment I want yesterday's dirt over today's fresh new start. It fits my style more. To all the people with Aventador's on order, you are getting an amazing car!!