2012 NSX concept

lambo_major

that would be really cool if it was the case. More likely because its not a production car (re-bodied old one or even if they also use a prototype) and is on a movie set so they don't have to have any.

fcuk headlights. Ironman has nightvision in the suit.

Stupid car, stupid company.

Honestly, lets call Honda what they are, which is a complete MESS right now. Yes we all know and love their history, but the past few years have been a horror show for them.

They fucked up their own new Civic badly enough that a complete overhaul/redesign has already been ordered by brass in just the second year of production due to horrible reviews, their marketshare around the world continues to be eaten away by Pac-Man VAG and overlord Toyota, their "Acura" nonsense brand in the US is a joke in both sales and reputation compared to other luxury brands, and their leadership seems to have no clue what to do to right the ship.

They were so great for so long that it's actually hard to absorb just how bad it's gotten by those of us who are old enough to remember their glory years, particularly the late 80s, early 90s. Every product was a winner, the engineering was simple but unrivaled, and they were the model every other car-maker sought to emulate.

Soichiro must be turning over in his grave with how things have gone the last decade...sad.

0-60 in under 5 seconds?!!!! Stop the presses.

And the best part is, it's a hybrid!!!

How did they go from the original NSX (which was one of the best sports cars I've ever owned) to this POS?

It does suck. I wanted this car to be the next one I bought. I was hoping it would be to the exotic car market what the original was.

I have a '91 NSX with 300,000 miles that runs/drives like a champ. Gotta love Honda. The original was/is my dream car and I'm hoping the new car isn't a total disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...

388604_276893362365095_100001332992090_7

2012-acura-nsx-concept_100376756_l.jpg

Acura-NSX-Concept-rear-three-quarters-vi

Acura-NSX-Concept-rear-view-1024x640.jpg

Acura-NSX-Concept-side-view-1024x640.jpg

Powered by a direct-injection VTEC V-6 engine paired with a Sport Hybrid drive system that uses a pair of electric motors at the front combined with a Bilateral Torque Adjustable Control System and a dual-clutch gearbox-mounted electric motor, the NSX's mid-engine, SH-AWD all-wheel-drive layout is borderline supercar territory in specification, not far off Porsche's 918 Spyder. In fact, Acura is calling the NSX Concept a supercar, though in modern parlance, it's likely a few hundred horsepower short of the appellation.

Acura hasn't revealed the car's weight, power, or other specifications, but does says that "While most super cars opt for brute force delivered from a large engine, the NSX Concept champions the true racing philosophy of an extremely favorable power-to-weight ratio. Like the first NSX, we will again express high performance through engineering efficiency."

The only part of today's press conference that matters about this car:

"Three years away from production."

:lol2: :lol2:

By the time it arrives, you either won't care, or it will have changed so dramatically that it hardly resembles anything they talked about today.

A pure attention grab, nothing else. Not worth our time to even consider.

The only part of today's press conference that matters about this car:

"Three years away from production."

:lol2: :lol2:

By the time it arrives, you either won't care, or it will have changed so dramatically that it hardly resembles anything they talked about today.

A pure attention grab, nothing else. Not worth our time to even consider.

Yeah, they are saying 2015 release but like my friend said: It will be released 2 years before never.

Yeah, they are saying 2015 release but like my friend said: It will be released 2 years before never.

:iamwithstupid:

The worst part is that even when (if) this car ever arrives down the road, I'd bet real money that a 04/05 F430 or Gallardo will still likely be a more compelling, more fulfilling, and equally performing car at that point...for less money. :eusa_wall:

I see so much lotus, mclaren, and R8 in that car it is making my head spin.

Rear end looks SOOOO much like the fax machine.