What would the LEAST desired Countach be?

Allan-Herbie

Least Desirable Countach?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Least Desirable Countach?

• Carbed 2 Valve
    • F/I 2 valve
    • F/I Qv
    • Anniversary

I like the Aniv, but I would rather just about any regular variant of Countach if I could only have one CT.. Now I find myself wanting a low body carbed car, and an Anniv as well as my Andretti QV.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Aniv, but I would rather just about any regular variant of Countach if I could only have one CT.. Now I find myself wanting a low body carbed car, and an Anniv as well as my Andretti QV.

I agree. I dont think anyone is saying the ann ct is a bad car, just not the ct that I would want if I had to choose just one ct... which is really reflecting on the desirability of this variant and hence the poll... Because lets face it, not everyone is going to have multiple countach in their collection... I know when i was looking for a ct, I didnt pick the ann because it wasnt the car that adorned my walls... I wasnt willing to settle for anything less... And that being said, if the ann was your poster child, then maybe it'd be another story...

As any racer will tell you... each person's driving style is different and based on the fact that Sandro was a rally driver, I can see where he contributed to the driftability on a ct. However, drifting a ct is not necessarily an ideal thing on a ct unless the ann ct has power steering which allows for faster steering adjustments to correct and facilitate the drift. I am not aware ann ct has power steering... which I think in the hands of most drivers is actually not a good thing.... I remember the ann ct for sale at Dallas .... dont remember if it was a andretti ann ct or not, but it lost control and crashed...

It has nothing to do with racing. This is not a racing car. Are you suggesting the modifications to the chassis make the Anv worse than the previous cars set up ? Is this why you specifically show a picture of someones 25th being crashed ? Have there not been mishaps in each and every variant ??

The weight is nonsense, if you weighed an 88.5 or normal late car the difference would be nominal.

The sarcasm in regard to my comments on bias clearly shows you are getting the wrong end of the stick.....I DO LOVE all CT's and absolutely DO NOT favour the 25th....if you read I am simply DEFENDING it against all the nonsense being cited. I at no time denigrate any other model and never have.

I bought my car in 99 and was in fact looking for a QV....but ended up buying a virtually brand new 25th....it didn't bother me a jot as I lover each and every CT....

Do you have one, are you speaking from ownership experience ?

It has nothing to do with racing. This is not a racing car. Are you suggesting the modifications to the chassis make the Anv worse than the previous cars set up ? Is this why you specifically show a picture of someones 25th being crashed ? Have there not been mishaps in each and every variant ??

The weight is nonsense, if you weighed an 88.5 or normal late car the difference would be nominal.

The sarcasm in regard to my comments on bias clearly shows you are getting the wrong end of the stick.....I DO LOVE all CT's and absolutely DO NOT favour the 25th....if you read I am simply DEFENDING it against all the nonsense being cited. I at no time denigrate any other model and never have.

I bought my car in 99 and was in fact looking for a QV....but ended up buying a virtually brand new 25th....it didn't bother me a jot as I lover each and every CT....

Exactly my point, it's not a race car yet the input is from race car driver whose driving style clearly is more leaning towards rally drifting. As anyone tuning suspension will tell you, there are no clear good or bad tuning since it is subjective and usually more reflecting of the input of the test driver... However, given that the car is much more "drift able" it clearly means that the average user not experienced in using the car at the limits will not be able to control a drifting car... That is why the pics were shown... Because in that particular incident , it was driven by a delivery driver that clearly was not aware of the drifting inclination of the vehicle at high speed... Lost control and crashed the car.

As to weight, a 200lb increase is not nominal IMHO, especially considering qv and Ann have the same power plant... Is that going to reflect on handling? I think so.... Is it going to affect acceleration, yes. And perhaps , just perhaps, that weight might be a concern enough to revise the handling for the ct? Because, even modern variants of lambos with a weight difference of 2-300lbs have slightly different spring rates to compensate...

As to sarcasm, I don't believe I'm sarcastic towards your comments nor do I need to as I have many friends who own many lambos... As to ownership, please look to the left and you can see I own multiple lambos....

Which brings me to my experience with ct... I've had chances to try quite a few ct, including the Ann and I can tell you from experience that the Ann ct feels more luxurious but also feel heavier... With little change to overall steering weight, I personally just don't see the relevance of a ct being drift able with heavy steering along with power seats and virtually useless power windows fitting all into that one car. To me those characteristics along with the revise styling have diluted some of the feel present in the past ct variants....Of course that is my opinion and my personal preference as an owner, and individual with ample access to those cars....

As a final thought I can safely say as reflecting on the poll that my personal inclination is to non Ann versions.... It's not to say I don't like the Ann, just it wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to ct.

Cheers

Your post proves the point... Your were LOOKING FOR A QV, but settled for an Anniv.. Nothing wrong with that.

Your post proves the point... Your were LOOKING FOR A QV, but settled for an Anniv.. Nothing wrong with that.

Wow, I didn't even pick up on that....

I didn't settle on diddly.......the point being to me it makes no difference at all. :eusa_wall:

Ok, I give up, it's a vile looking thing the 25th.......just terrible :shock:

7428558780_e33174108b_h.jpg

1989_Lamborghini_Countach_25th_Anniversary_1.jpg

lamborghini_countach_25th_anniversary_edition_100413054_l.jpg

Countach_Anniversario_10.jpg

lamborghini_countach_25th_anno_1.jpg

I didn't settle on diddly.......the point being to me it makes no difference at all. :eusa_wall:

Ok, I give up, it's a vile looking thing the 25th.......just terrible :shock:

7428558780_e33174108b_h.jpg

1989_Lamborghini_Countach_25th_Anniversary_1.jpg

lamborghini_countach_25th_anniversary_edition_100413054_l.jpg

Countach_Anniversario_10.jpg

lamborghini_countach_25th_anno_1.jpg

A Countach is a Countach, and they are all great. That being said... If at the time of purchase you have a choice of two cars, one a QV, one an Anniv, both same condition, same price, same color combo.... You would of chosen the QV..

A Countach is a Countach, and they are all great. That being said... If at the time of purchase you have a choice of two cars, one a QV, one an Anniv, both same condition, same price, same color combo.... You would of chosen the QV..

I agree....

No one is saying ann countaches arent great... and its not like its a poll thats decieving people... its a poll voted by enthusiast who know their variants... and many more just find the ann ct as not their cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that... and it makes sense for the thread to educate people to understand why the results were the way they were.... And to show those factors that yielded those results.

Looking at the pics, I still think that the rear bumper looks overpowering visually... maybe you can try to purchase these rear fender caps from japan to make em like this.. and add some bigger wheels and I think it would make the ann ct that much better visually... BTW, I think red or black ann ct looks better than the silver shown..the darker colors on ann cts pop more.

CountachAny_503.jpg

Would I ? I'm not sure at all...........all I can say is the second I saw the 25th I didn't give anything a second thought. They were the same cost at the time of purchase.......Sorry, but can't agree. I like all CT's as much as each other....unless it has a wing.

How I see the CT world;

Early cars; Pre Pirellis.

Stunning, a piece of automotive history. Art. Would love to have one in addition to the 25th.

The S cars. The least desirable for me.

QV. Wingless is gorgeous and still retains the 'classic' design, although not the 88.5. Pre 88.5 car would be my choice, stunning and would love to have one in addition to the 25th.

25th. Wingless....The design mods make the shape timeless imo, less 'classic' whether that is good or bad. I would agree the rear bumber can go, definitely, but I MUCH prefer the updating work to the vents. Far more modern and less block like. If you carefully at the earlier car vents they do not ooze finesse or a continuation of the overall design...at all. I think they do more so on the 25th however.

If I had to choose....any early or late.

Would I ? I'm not sure at all...........all I can say is the second I saw the 25th I didn't give anything a second thought. They were the same cost at the time of purchase.......Sorry, but can't agree. I like all CT's as much as each other....unless it has a wing.

How I see the CT world;

Early cars; Pre Pirellis.

Stunning, a piece of automotive history. Art. Would love to have one in addition to the 25th.

The S cars. The least desirable for me.

QV. Wingless is gorgeous and still retains the 'classic' design, although not the 88.5. Pre 88.5 car would be my choice, stunning and would love to have one in addition to the 25th.

25th. Wingless....The design mods make the shape timeless imo, less 'classic' whether that is good or bad. I would agree the rear bumber can go, definitely, but I MUCH prefer the updating work to the vents. Far more modern and less block like. If you carefully at the earlier car vents they do not ooze finesse or a continuation of the overall design...at all. I think they do more so on the 25th however.

If I had to choose....any early or late.

See.. this is why we created the poll... Its shows 99.99% of people disagree with you :icon_mrgreen:

I agree....

No one is saying ann countaches arent great... and its not like its a poll thats decieving people... its a poll voted by enthusiast who know their variants... and many more just find the ann ct as not their cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that... and it makes sense for the thread to educate people to understand why the results were the way they were.... And to show those factors that yielded those results.

Looking at the pics, I still think that the rear bumper looks overpowering visually... maybe you can try to purchase these rear fender caps from japan to make em like this.. and add some bigger wheels and I think it would make the ann ct that much better visually... BTW, I think red or black ann ct looks better...

That car looks more like a 'classic' QV until you get to the vents...then it simply looks wrong.

The whole point of the 25th is giving it an update, scroll up to the silver car.....I agree with the bumber.

See.. this is why we created the poll... Its shows 99.99% of people disagree with you :icon_mrgreen:

Of 80 or so geekoid and non 25th owners on here, yes..............not so outside of that screen in front of you however.....

I refer you to the comments I made sometime earlier :-)

That car looks more like a 'classic' QV until you get to the vents...then it simply looks wrong.

The whole point of the 25th is giving it an update, scroll up to the silver car.....I agree with the bumber.

You can always keep the rear bumper caps sans the bumper... The silver car is not as good looking as a red or black imho.... The vents do update the ct to be closer matched to the original diablo concept... which was the whole point... but in that process... again my opinion here... some of the original design elements that have kept the countach relevant since its 70s introduction were gone... and i think the polls reflect my sentiment here...

post_229_1369952906.jpg

Of 80 or so geekoid and non 25th owners on here, yes..............not so outside of that screen in front of you however.....

I refer you to the comments I made sometime earlier :-)

Again, I will disagree.. When I started looking for a Countach, first ones I looked at were 25th Anniv's, and every single person I know, including my wife, non car friends etc, said the 25Th looked like more of a kit car, with way too much going on.. As though someone decided to mix every single design element from the 80's into one car. Even the ones who didnt like any form of the Countach prefered the regular look.

And dont take this personal, I like the 25TH, wouldnt mind adding one. But my fascination with it, is to show the world how good it could of looked, and would modify it.

Take off these splitters, get rid of the stickers, add an SV style decklid, paint the Naca duct black... and Im good to go!

p1__1_.jpg

p1__2_.jpg

p1.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

You'd get smothered everywhere you went in it.....just as i'm sure you do in the 88.5.

it's a fact....no need for further debate.

Again, I will disagree.. When I started looking for a Countach, first ones I looked at were 25th Anniv's, and every single person I know, including my wife, non car friends etc, said the 25Th looked like more of a kit car, with way too much going on.. As though someone decided to mix every single design element from the 80's into one car. Even the ones who didnt like any form of the Countach prefered the regular look.

And dont take this personal, I like the 25TH, wouldnt mind adding one. But my fascination with it, is to show the world how good it could of looked, and would modify it.

If I add a ann ct, that would be for the same reason... I just think pagani didnt hit a home run with the styling changes... Its like changing the hair on the monalisa... why change it if it looks still relevant and modern even after 15 years?

If I add a ann ct, that would be for the same reason... I just think pagani didnt hit a home run with the styling changes... Its like changing the hair on the monalisa... why change it if it looks still relevant and modern even after 15 years?

Now that's just silly......

Take off these splitters, get rid of the stickers, add an SV style decklid, paint the Naca duct black... and Im good to go!

Not feeling the work wheels on that car... its gotta be the panasports :eusa_dance:

CountachAny_191.jpg

Now that's just silly......

um.... there is a reason why the car stayed looking the same for a better part of close to 2 decades... because if it was a visual flop, lamborghini would be rushing to change the styling... considering that the low body cars were sized differently, they could have just made more changes.... pretty simple common sense imho...

Not feeling the work wheels on that car... its gotta be the panasports :eusa_dance:

WTF you looking over my shoulder again?