What would the LEAST desired Countach be?

Allan-Herbie

Least Desirable Countach?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Least Desirable Countach?

• Carbed 2 Valve
    • F/I 2 valve
    • F/I Qv
    • Anniversary

FI is rarer

in Europe the FI is less sought after because people want the euro version

So if that's the case, downdraft anniversary CT is more desirable than fuel injected anniversary CT since its been that way on qv ct?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if that's the case, downdraft anniversary CT is more desirable than fuel injected anniversary CT since its been that way on qv ct?

yes, in Europe is like this

also the 5000 carbed is worth more than the 5000 FI (talking about 2 valves cars)

p.s. keep in mind there are few FI QVs here, very little FI anniversarios and probably close to none 5000S FI

almost all of them came from outside Europe

yes, in Europe is like this

also the 5000 carbed is worth more than the 5000 FI (talking about 2 valves cars)

p.s. keep in mind there are few FI QVs here, very little FI anniversarios and probably close to none 5000S FI

almost all of them came from outside Europe

I would have imagined that a exhaust tweak would make the FI ann to be interesting enough though... didnt know that dd ann would still be more desirable i despite the fact that the FI powerband is more flexible than the DD ann since carb ann powerband is more high strung... thus more fitting to its less extreme looks and performance...

I would have imagined that a exhaust tweak would make the FI ann to be interesting enough though... didnt know that dd ann would still be more desirable i despite the fact that the FI powerband is more flexible than the DD ann since carb ann powerband is more high strung... thus more fitting to its less extreme looks and performance...

From everything I have collected and seen, a DD motor doesnt make more power than F/I. The main difference is weight and emissions, since Euro cars werent strapped with cats and smog pumps etc. A good F/I, no smog equipment, euro style headers, and euro bumper conversion inmo is faster than a DD. Not only that it drives better, better powerband, more consistant and reliable.

The sound difference between the cars comes down to exhaust. There have been some vids posted lately of F/I cars running open exhaust and they sound just as good as the carbed cars. My question is if you lose TQ down low from the loss of backpressure.

From everything I have collected and seen, a DD motor doesnt make more power than F/I. The main difference is weight and emissions, since Euro cars werent strapped with cats and smog pumps etc. A good F/I, no smog equipment, euro style headers, and euro bumper conversion inmo is faster than a DD. Not only that it drives better, better powerband, more consistant and reliable.

The sound difference between the cars comes down to exhaust. There have been some vids posted lately of F/I cars running open exhaust and they sound just as good as the carbed cars. My question is if you lose TQ down low from the loss of backpressure.

I think with open or less restrictive exhaust , the loss of back pressure will almost always lose some low end torque, hence probably why DD motors are different in terms of power and torque curve. So unless if you are willing to mod FI ann ct and go beyond its originality, then you can release some power for the car. But if you are a collector who is in it for the historical sense, modding and putting in a exhaust defeats some of the originality intended for a FI vehicle... Again it all comes to what you intend the car to be. I wouldnt care as much about originality as I would about the sound especially on an ann ct... But again people can spin it anyway they want...

I think with open or less restrictive exhaust , the loss of back pressure will almost always lose some low end torque, hence probably why DD motors are different in terms of power and torque curve. So unless if you are willing to mod FI ann ct and go beyond its originality, then you can release some power for the car. But if you are a collector who is in it for the historical sense, modding and putting in a exhaust defeats some of the originality intended for a FI vehicle... Again it all comes to what you intend the car to be. I wouldnt care as much about originality as I would about the sound especially on an ann ct... But again people can spin it anyway they want...

I certainly wouldnt care about originality on a 25th.. You put everything in a box, and give to new owner if you sell it.

I certainly wouldnt care about originality on a 25th.. You put everything in a box, and give to new owner if you sell it.

Yes.. I think Ann ct just needs the mods to give it better sound better looks... Screw the originality on the Ann. Especially the fi version... It needs it the most

That's what the previous owner did to my 930. Crank trigger, injectors, exhaust and so on. I have all of the original parts & it can be returned to it's original state.

A much more fun car in it's present state.

That's what the previous owner did to my 930. Crank trigger, injectors, exhaust and so on. I have all of the original parts & it can be returned to it's original state.

A much more fun car in it's present state.

Yes and with the Ann, it would need a few mods to make proportionally correct

All this fuel injection talk brings about a subtle strength of the 400/400S series cars....

Carbs only. :icon_mrgreen:

Lol. A normal body ct wins hands down over any Ann ct variant IMHO whether FI or carbed... Because what the 400/400s lack in power, it makes up by having the classic Gandini shape vs the Ann

That looks like it'll work...pm in progress...

thanks for the Pm. I wont be able to scan it because its too large. Plus, i couldnt send because I promised long ago to a factory personnel the information he gave me was not to be made copies of... something with all the replicas out there...lol. Hope you can understand. :)

Thats it? No finished product yet? WTF!

Dude, we need to reengineer it to 17" , go through load, side impact, frontal impact, salt spray testing, fatigue testing, run out test.... All to make sure the darn thing is safe... Its not a assemble in 3 days 3 piece that will look nothing like the original...I don't want any of my ct brethren to suffer a wheel failure man...

While you're at it, get some guys together so I can amortize the cost out. It's gonna cost some deniro... If there are enough people to make it happen, I'll move forward...

Dude, we need to reengineer it to 17" , go through load, side impact, frontal impact, salt spray testing, fatigue testing, run out test.... All to make sure the darn thing is safe... I don't want any of my ct brethren to suffer a wheel failure man...

While you're at it, get some guys together so I can amortize the cost out. It's gonna cost some deniro... If there are enough people to make it happen, I'll move forward...

I man of your ingenuity.. should of had all this done already!

I man of your ingenuity.. should of had all this done already!

Lol. I'm still working on it to see if there are quicker and cheaper alternatives... I'm not good at Internet marketing like some historians out there... Man that was funny he got called out by roy like that... Cracked me up...

Oh, well I would do the CAD modeling for free. The real costs are elsewhere, as you said. The rest would be up to you guys...I'm already rollin' 17's yo.

Oh, well I would do the CAD modeling for free. The real costs are elsewhere, as you said. The rest would be up to you guys...I'm already rollin' 17's yo.

Thanks for the offer;). The modeling we can do in house. It's amortizing mold cost over x amount of units that determine the per piece price... I guess we can make some furniture out of it too;)

Thanks for the offer;). The modeling we can do in house. It's amortizing mold cost over x amount of units that determine the per piece price... I guess we can make some furniture out of it too;)

Id think that some of the better kitcar replica owners wouldnt mind a set either if they were offered in different bolt patterns.

Lol. I'm still working on it to see if there are quicker and cheaper alternatives... I'm not good at Internet marketing like some historians out there... Man that was funny he got called out by roy like that... Cracked me up...

He did? Where? On fcrap?