Well it didn't take the CLS63 long to get into the 10's

RedGTS

10.98 @ 129.4 with a tune, exhaust, LSD and tires. I'm sure the new M5 will be there soon as well. Man it's a great time to be a car lover. SIAP.

thats car is making close to 600 whp... :) the E63 is lighter and will be running well into the 10's with ease.... they need AWD, on the street it's spin spin spin....

That new engine is looking pretty good.

thats car is making close to 600 whp... :) the E63 is lighter and will be running well into the 10's with ease.... they need AWD, on the street it's spin spin spin....

E63 is lighter than the CLS? Really?

You think so? I read a discussion about the Renntech tuning on the car at mbworld and they were saying Renntech ran essentially the same maximum boost as the factory PP (18-19 psi), but brought it in earlier and also tweaked the torque management. And the PP cars are only rated at 550 bhp (but 590 btq). Of course 19 psi with more exhaust flow may equal more airflow and more power too.

When i was with KMR at the benz dealer months ago the salesman told us that the CLS63 will be coming in AWD form in 12. So i guess we will see, salesmen have been known to be wrong. Impressive numbers to say the least.

they picked up 100HP from the tune, then added the downpipes etc for more power.... I don't see how that car is running factory boost making that kind of power... my buddy who drove the car said they are now at 590whp.... the torque gains are huge...

23298-2012-Mercedes-Benz-CLS63-AMG-Dyno.

You think so? I read a discussion about the Renntech tuning on the car at mbworld and they were saying Renntech ran essentially the same maximum boost as the factory PP (18-19 psi), but brought it in earlier and also tweaked the torque management. And the PP cars are only rated at 550 bhp (but 590 btq). Of course 19 psi with more exhaust flow may equal more airflow and more power too.

I test drove a E550 cabrio (v8tt, ~400HP) last week that I'm thinking of picking up for the wife, that car couldn't come out in 1st gear at all, it kept spinning and pulling back power.... even more annoying is that I could not find an ESP Off button....

You're probably right. It's definitely a beast, but as you said, without AWD I bet it's spin city on the street on street tires.

On The E550 Cab you there is NOT a button to trun off the esp but if you use your arrows on the left hand side of your steering wheel to scroll through your menu options you can find the ESP function under Drivers Assistance. You can turn it off from there :)

ahhhh..... thanks! the sales guy should have known that, he was looking all over for it as well....

On The E550 Cab you there is NOT a button to trun off the esp but if you use your arrows on the left hand side of your steering wheel to scroll through your menu options you can find the ESP function under Drivers Assistance. You can turn it off from there :)

ahhhh..... thanks! the sales guy should have known that, he was looking all over for it as well....

I think MB is trying to HIDE the fact you can turn it off. LOL