Something came in the mail today

Kerplop

Guess I need to get a good audio clip with my HD camcorder today :)

bedc00b.jpg

Pardon the dirt - Unfortunately my hose outlet on my house appears to have frozen over... soooo dirty car it is.

I find the old aircooled Porsches to be super easy. In fact, about the most difficult thing you'll end up doing on one for maintenance is valve adjustments which are pretty simple. You can have the engine out and on the floor in less than a few hours if you're quick. They're not bad to work on. I think the largest challenge in working with a 911 is that the engine bay is very packed and there is not a lot of room to do anything.

But get the engine on the floor and anything is a piece of cake.

:) Only way to learn is to dive in and go at it and learn it one bit at a time. Start with the basics and the things you learn just go up from there.

Sounds awesome man. Jaw actually dropped for part two. I would never tire of listening to that sound. :icon_super:

A few people told me it's "going to be too loud" - but my nextdoor neighbor loves it. My wife digs it (probably will have a hard time getting her not asking for the keys all the time now) and now that I've drove it around town a bit I'm finding that I CAN keep it quiet when I want to. I've already gone past a few cops and they didn't seem to mind the slightest.

Only thing is that I would prefer to refrain from starting it EARLY in the morning since high idle on the SC is 2k when it's cold. So initial startup is a VERY quick and vicious "WHOMMM" with a high idle, it's very loud at high idle. So for respect of my neighbors I'll be sure not to make a ruckus.

Aside from that, I love it!

Only con is that any rattling or engine bay noises would be very hard to catch since the engine is loud now. So diagnosing "weird noises" may be a bit more difficult. Nonetheless, more reason for me to check my intervals more frequently.

When I started it for the first time this way I thought - "So THIS is what an aircooled car is supposed to sound like...."

I dig it! :icon_thumleft:

I wish my microphone captured the lower notes a bit better. Unfortunately it doesn't. It's got a pretty beefy tone ton it. I can only imagine how awesome it'd sound on a turbo :P

They include a turndown pipe too with it that points more towards the ground to make it a little bit quieter (as quiet as you can make a muffler bypass anyway) which seems to help a little. But if I'm on it and I'm next to something I can hear the reverb off the walls, cars, etc... without it.