white caulking or black caulking, help me decide?

axis007

I have a 86 DD in pearl white, I am having the caulkings re-done. I was told the white color cars came with both white caulking and black caulking and both being correct. I have been looking at pictures of white Countach with both colors and a few even have black caulking around the wheel arches and white caulking around the hood area. I like to seek what the opinions are among the Countach owners. Please help. Thank You.

Seen it with both and think visually they are both satisfying. However, I have seen a dozen or so with white that had retained dirt and debris or were stained. I would think if you have a driver car black would suit you best.

It's all a matter of personal opinion, however. I'm sure it will look great either way. If a guy told me he did not like my Countach because I had dirty caulk I would pull his man card :).

Best

I have a 86 DD in pearl white, I am having the caulkings re-done. I was told the white color cars came with both white caulking and black caulking and both being correct. I have been looking at pictures of white Countach with both colors and a few even have black caulking around the wheel arches and white caulking around the hood area. I like to seek what the opinions are among the Countach owners. Please help. Thank You.

My old 88.5 had white caulking which was later replaced with black caulking. The black made the car really stand out and IMO totally changed the look of the car.

I agree. When I started learning CTs in earnest, I noticed this right off the bat and started realizing that not all white cars were created equal. Seeing those cars (with the white caulk) really affirmed how good the black caulking on a white car looks. Pow!

how do you get the old caulk off to change it to the black? can it be done at home or does a auto body shop have to work its magic on it?

Ok so having a car that has caulking, the H1, what type do people use? There are some spots that could use a touch up. Thanks!