Looking to purchase 2007 Gallardo

phillipj

Hello I'm new to the forum and yet to be a Lambo owner. I'm looking to purchase a 2007 or 2008 Gallardo coupe. I currently have a modded 2007 Porsche 997 Turbo. It's a very fast and incredibly reliable daily driver for me.

What is it like owning a Gallardo? What are yearly maintenance costs? How is reliability? Is there anything I should look for as far as options? How is the E Trans?

There are few in my area (Los Angeles). Price for a 10,000 mile example around $135k. Does that sound right?

I know sooo much about Porsches but ZERO about Lambo's.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello I'm new to the forum and yet to be a Lambo owner. I'm looking to purchase a 2007 or 2008 Gallardo coupe. I currently have a modded 2007 Porsche 997 Turbo. It's a very fast and incredibly reliable daily driver for me.

What is it like owning a Gallardo? What are yearly maintenance costs? How is reliability? Is there anything I should look for as far as options? How is the E Trans?

There are few in my area (Los Angeles). Price for a 10,000 mile example around $135k. Does that sound right?

I know sooo much about Porsches but ZERO about Lambo's.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yearly maintenance includes for most people a one time roughly 1200 dollar maintenance. Obviously wear and tear items and major maintenance will cost more. Major costs are clutch replacement and egear part repair if it should go bad. Clutches last from 7k - 20k miles in 07-08 cars.

Reliability is better than most exotics and is probably on par with the 911 variants.

Most popular options at resale: Color, callisto wheels, clear bonnet.

You should test drive an egear. It's fun to drive. The egear was much improved in 09 over the previous models though. Sometimes parts of the system fail and can be costly to replace.

Prices vary a lot.

Hope that helps. Stick around here, do some searches because obviously this subject has been discussed quite a bit.

Good luck.

Gallardo is the most reliable exotics out there. It is almost on par with Porsche in terms of reliability. There are many places you can drive a Porsche to but probably don't want to in a Gallardo though.

Maintenance is about 1000-2000 at dealerships, depending if it's major or minor. service is every year or 7.5k mi. Car is fairly easy to work on (comparble to P car)

E gears clutches tend wear faster, though a dealer can check the clutch life (on E gears only). 06 through 08 are basically the same. I had a modded 996 tt prior to my 06 G. The G is a lot more reliable. I had quite a few problems on my Porsche. My 996tt was a dd, I wouldn't dd my G, however I have put almost 21k miles on it in 5 years.

Gallardos are awesome daily drivers. I would definitely put them atop the lineup of current exotics as a daily driver. I have put almost 5,000 miles on mine since October and it is now at about 38,500 miles.

IMG_9520-Small.jpg

There is a lot of good information on this site and others about the cars and what you can expect in terms of maintenance and frequent use. Here is a PPI checklist that I put together - http://edbolian.com/?p=2374

This car is for sale by a member here. It is very nicely optioned and serviced. Would be a great car in your price range:

DSC_0866.jpg

There is a lot of good information on this site and others about the cars and what you can expect in terms of maintenance and frequent use. Here is a PPI checklist that I put together - http://edbolian.com/?p=2374

MrEd - thank you for the post. I found your site to very informative for someone like myself that is new to Gallardos and passively researching pre-owned market.

MrEd - thank you for the post. I found your site to very informative for someone like myself that is new to Gallardos and passively researching pre-owned market.

That PPI guide is very informative, cheers Ed

Thanks guys. I am glad that it was helpful. If you have any experiences or success stories to add, please feel free to post them as comments on the site.

Wow! I want to thank everyone for their input on the Gallardo. I'm so pleased to hear about the reliability. It's also awesome that many of you are using them for daily drivers. Mine would not be a garage queen... I'm just at the beggining stages of looking for a car. I would love to keep the Porsche as well and split the time between the two cars. But I'm not quite able to afford both at this point....

I will continue to stay on this board and learn as much as I can about the G...

Thanks again!

Gallardos are awesome daily drivers. I would definitely put them atop the lineup of current exotics as a daily driver. I have put almost 5,000 miles on mine since October and it is now at about 38,500 miles.

IMG_9520-Small.jpg

This car is for sale by a member here. It is very nicely optioned and serviced. Would be a great car in your price range:

DSC_0866.jpg

That car is sick! I love white exotics. Not ready to buy just yet though. That is a beauty...

That car is sick! I love white exotics. Not ready to buy just yet though. That is a beauty...

These cars are solid. If you buy newer than 05 then there arent many issues to worry about. Just regular services and clutches.

Being that you are in LA, you have lots more cars to choose from so you should be paying slightly less out there than over here on the east coast.....