Aventador insurance

agentf1

Did anybody have any problems insuring their Aventador?

What companies are you guys using?

What type of insurance do you have on it, agreed value or regular auto policy etc?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be any problems getting it insured. Have some people you can talk to if you need it. Hope you are enjoying the car!

None. Just awesomeness from Chubb.

There's always a catch when someones insurance is like 20% of what everyone else's is....Either you have some insane deductible, or they are giving you love because you have a zillion dollars worth of other insurance with them.

There's always a catch when someones insurance is like 20% of what everyone else's is....Either you have some insane deductible, or they are giving you love because you have a zillion dollars worth of other insurance with them.

I insure 4 homes (well, 3 homes 1 flat) and 8 cars. Is that a lot? :icon_mrgreen:

To be honest, the main reason is the 'non-driver discount'. My 'main' car is Optimus, M's is the M6. Everything else has no driver assigned so the premiums are retardedly cheap.

I insure 4 homes (well, 3 homes 1 flat) and 8 cars. Is that a lot? :icon_mrgreen:

To be honest, the main reason is the 'non-driver discount'. My 'main' car is Optimus, M's is the M6. Everything else has no driver assigned so the premiums are retardedly cheap.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It just seems really really cheap despite all that. Others in this thread are paying like 4 x what you are paying and their premiums sound pretty good (and normal). I am not trying to imply you are making anything up, I believe you are paying what you are saying. But I also still believe there is some sort of catch somewhere. I would love others to chime in with their premiums for cars worth 400k that are only 650$ a year....

Yeah, I know what you mean. It just seems really really cheap despite all that. Others in this thread are paying like 4 x what you are paying and their premiums sound pretty good (and normal). I am not trying to imply you are making anything up, I believe you are paying what you are saying. But I also still believe there is some sort of catch somewhere. I would love others to chime in with their premiums for cars worth 400k that are only 650$ a year....

I do have a $1,000 deductible (some may have lower or none). To me, $1k is so cheap as compared to any repair bill I might have, it's worth the discount in premiums. I also only have $3MM liability. Perhaps others have much more.

I have a feeling that Chubb probably uses some bet hedging based on the fact they figure it will not get driven much as well as the fact I have a completely clean driving record.

Woops!!! I lied. Just checked and they are as follows:

Performante: $1044/year

SV: $615/year

Panamera (which i confused with perf): $391/year

The guy drives has 8 cars, and has an actual daily. If he drives 10k miles/year like most people do, 7500 on his dailies, and 2500 on the remaining 6, then he probably qualifies for something akin to cars "in storage" at under 500 miles driven annually each.

Anybody can do that, you just have to have low annual mileage (or at least claim it) per car, and it kind of makes sense. If I spend 10k miles on highways with a $500k car, that's the same exact risk to an insurance claim of me spending 1k miles each on highways with 10x $500k cars (after all, you can only crash one car at a time).

$500/year insurance on 8 cars still comes out to $4k/year, which is about the same as owning 1 exotic, but putting all your miles on that one each year. To an insurance company, aside from risk of theft/vandalism (which is exceptionally low with exotics), it's all the same.

The guy drives has 8 cars, and has an actual daily. If he drives 10k miles/year like most people do, 7500 on his dailies, and 2500 on the remaining 6, then he probably qualifies for something akin to cars "in storage" at under 500 miles driven annually each.

Anybody can do that, you just have to have low annual mileage (or at least claim it) per car, and it kind of makes sense. If I spend 10k miles on highways with a $500k car, that's the same exact risk to an insurance claim of me spending 1k miles each on highways with 10x $500k cars (after all, you can only crash one car at a time).

$500/year insurance on 8 cars still comes out to $4k/year, which is about the same as owning 1 exotic, but putting all your miles on that one each year. To an insurance company, aside from risk of theft/vandalism (which is exceptionally low with exotics), it's all the same.

:lol2: @ you lecturing VBOX on multiple car ownership

I know how it works. Some of what you said is true and other parts were really over simplified. If you are some sort of exotic car insurance expert, or have personal experience with similar rates (to Dwiggs) on multiple 200k+ multiple exotics of your own, please qualify yourself. No one else has chimed in claiming they are coming anywhere near these type premium rates on cars of this valuation. If he's classifying his vehicles as something they are not, then that would be the catch I am talking about. The fact that he corrected his Performante premium and its a lot higher than his SV which costs more, that tells me there's something more to it. And btw, I am not paying anywhere near 20k a year on my vehicles. I just know when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

I know how it works. Some of what you said is true and other parts were really over simplified. If you are some sort of exotic car insurance expert, or have personal experience with similar rates (to Dwiggs) on multiple 200k+ multiple exotics of your own, please qualify yourself. No one else has chimed in claiming they are coming anywhere near these type premium rates on cars of this valuation. If he's classifying his vehicles as something they are not, then that would be the catch I am talking about. The fact that he corrected his Performante premium and its a lot higher than his SV which costs more, that tells me there's something more to it. And btw, I am not paying anywhere near 20k a year on my vehicles. I just know when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

No. Not putting them under any special category.

No. Not putting them under any special category.

That you are aware of. Im 100% sure there's more to it than you are letting on, or maybe you just dont know all the details because your agent takes care of everything. Hopefully we will get some more people chiming in who are in similar situations, but I am not holding my breathe.

That you are aware of. Im 100% sure there's more to it than you are letting on, or maybe you just dont know all the details because your agent takes care of everything. Hopefully we will get some more people chiming in who are in similar situations, but I am not holding my breathe.

Yes, I would agree with the, "that I'm aware of" part.

It's just listed as "pleasure" use. Same as every car I own and insure. There is nothing listed on my policy that differentiates one from any other.

I sell car insurance and I have been up against Chubb a few times. They're premiums are almost always well above the competition but their deal is that they won't nickle and dime you in a claim situation. They're one of the best when it comes to big $ homes and cars.

I can say with confidence that full coverage on an SV with a $1000 deductible and $3mm liability coverage should cost you more than what you're paying. Either you have a creative agent, some insane multi-policy discounts, or have very limited mileage limits.

More power to ya, D.

I sell car insurance and I have been up against Chubb a few times. They're premiums are almost always well above the competition but their deal is that they won't nickle and dime you in a claim situation. They're one of the best when it comes to big $ homes and cars.

I can say with confidence that full coverage on an SV with a $1000 deductible and $3mm liability coverage should cost you more than what you're paying. Either you have a creative agent, some insane multi-policy discounts, or have very limited mileage limits.

More power to ya, D.

Thanks for your insight.

More power to ya, D.

I agree! I expected it to be a LOT more. Even the coverages on my houses are INCREDIBLY reasonable. And they are absolutely TOP NOTCH with claims.

I know for a fact I have no mileage restrictions.

I frankly don't care HOW they do it, or why. After hearing from you guys, I'm just going to enjoy being lucky!!! :icon_super:

I agree! I expected it to be a LOT more. Even the coverages on my houses are INCREDIBLY reasonable. And they are absolutely TOP NOTCH with claims.

I know for a fact I have no mileage restrictions.

I frankly don't care HOW they do it, or why. After hearing from you guys, I'm just going to enjoy being lucky!!! :icon_super:

Are your policies comprehensive and collision, or just fire and theft?

I'm not in exotic car insurance, but my college roommate went into fleet insurance, and it's based purely on mileage, with a small premium on the number of cars if they want theft/vandalism coverage. With the right insurance company, you could own 100 cars and so long as you don't cover theft/vandalism and your storage facility checks out, you'll pay the price of insuring a fraction of them.

If you go with the an insurance company that doesn't specialize in those sorts of calculations they'll charge you up the wazoo because their models simply can't accommodate clients that have usage patterns that are too far from their average.