Aventador exhaust valve disconnect

First

429602_10150712570472037_555427036_11935

429338_10150712570467037_555427036_11935

409060_10150695717882037_555427036_11872

408832_10150695716097037_555427036_11872

Here's a few photos of the flaps in service position. Sorry couldn't find time to get audio clips of the unvalved exhaust yet. But I can confirm you can just go ahead with unvalving. It DOES NOT trigger any CELS or exhaust/emission related codes. I'm not going for aftermarket exhaust. I'm sure most owners wouldn't when you heard the sound unvalved stock exhaust makes. Unless you're going for tunes and lighter freer flow exhausts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is slightly off topic. Looks like the Aventador is made in China! LOL :icon_mrgreen:

Awesome, thanks for the pictures First! The car looks great.

That caution sticker is funny :lol: ...probably has something to do with the extremely high volume of South Asian Lamborghini purchases :eusa_think:

From what I have heard at higher RPMs, the stock exhaust sounds great. I'm sure it sounds amazing at low revs with the unvalving.

Topjay, you need the Lamborghini diagnostic software with the latest VAS and its OBD connection dongle. All pre LP700 uses Laras/LDAS software and it seems with the LP700 they've change to the new software thats closely intergrate and similarly used by VW, AUDI and now Lambo.

Go into Aerodynamics menu and go to service position. You could do anything with the tool. Its has a Guided Function option that shows you step by step to diagnosing any part of the car right down to measuring its amp and voltage rating for each actuators (they call it actuators for anything that moves) and finally if all fails, tells you what part number to change. All wiring diagrams and locations of its controllers are all in there.

I'm loving the low rev sound much more over the high rev sound! Honestly. It sounds like a mix of F1 with LFA but on a much lower tonal pitch. Pure sex. To hell with noise pollution regulations lol

I'm loving the low rev sound much more over the high rev sound! Honestly. It sounds like a mix of F1 with LFA but on a much lower tonal pitch. Pure sex. To hell with noise pollution regulations lol

First! Need help.

Quick question is 'do I need to remove panel to access the valve hose?'.

Secondly, 'what did you use for unvalving the hose? Golf tee?'

I dont want to mess up so I am still on the planning stage to do it right at once. :eusa_think:

Jo, the valve is just below the center panel on top of the exhaust heat shield. It is a very easy job. You can remove the panel using large coins. You can look through the center mesh and see the vacuum pipe outlet. I use a screw to plug up the hose lol. And take another similar sized hose to plug up the outlet using another screw. 50cents job lol.

I will take some photos if u want?

Jo, the valve is just below the center panel on top of the exhaust heat shield. It is a very easy job. You can remove the panel using large coins. You can look through the center mesh and see the vacuum pipe outlet. I use a screw to plug up the hose lol. And take another similar sized hose to plug up the outlet using another screw. 50cents job lol.

On removing panel, do I have to remove screws in the middle? Panel won't come off just by unscrewing big ones. Again, tahnks for the help First! :)

Hehehe u did it? Now u know what I mean. It is crazy sound! I'm too busy driving the car to even bother taking a sound clip. I suggest all owners do this!

Hehehe u did it? Now u know what I mean. It is crazy sound! I'm too busy driving the car to even bother taking a sound clip. I suggest all owners do this!

YES IT IS CRAZY SOUND!!!!!

It is crime to have those valves in the exhaust when it can sound so so so much better without it!!!

Should have done it from day 1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please could you take pics of the procedure? Want to do that to my new Aventador since that's the only thing that I'm disappointed with the new car. Sounds to low in low rpm's.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Someone please make a video clip of this!

Yes, please please someone make a video of this valve disconnect procedure!!

Yes, please please someone make a video of this valve disconnect procedure!!

Ok, no need for videos. Just check out the post, valve disconnect with pics. Did my in

less than 5 minutes and holy crap.....the sound is freaking amazing!

Ok, no need for videos. Just check out the post, valve disconnect with pics. Did my in

less than 5 minutes and holy crap.....the sound is freaking amazing!

No man, I meant we need to see a video of this exhaust in action!

• 3 weeks later...

Just spoke with Grant, service manager at Lamborghini of Newport Beach, regarding plugging the exhaust valves to enhance the vehicle sound. In his opinion, over time the vehicle's ECU will sense something is awry and throw a check engine light notice.

Curious to know whether owners who have made this alteration have inquired about the possible long term impact with their respective service departments.

Just spoke with Grant, service manager at Lamborghini of Newport Beach, regarding plugging the exhaust valves to enhance the vehicle sound. In his opinion, over time the vehicle's ECU will sense something is awry and throw a check engine light notice.

Curious to know whether owners who have made this alteration have inquired about the possible long term impact with their respective service departments.

If the ECU doesn't throw a light in the short term, it's not going to in the long term.

If the ECU doesn't throw a light in the short term, it's not going to in the long term.

That is true.

Or, you could just wait till Kreissieg releases the mother-of-all exhausts for the Aventador. That is what I am doing.

or, twin turbo it with UGR and get the exhaust they build, which sounds pretty cool in that video.

• 3 months later...

I have cel coming on sometimes. Reseting will take care of it.

Other thing is there is a service update regarding sudden engine shut down.

My car suffered this a lot and I hope this update take care of the issue.

One thing is if one opens valve back pressure will reduce thus make the car more likely shut down suddenly.

Will report back about this.