First check engine light - pissed!

05LSV

I recently been getting the po 171 n 174 bank 1 n bank 2 system to lean

Tubi exhaust, conpetition airbox n ecu upgrade... Car pulls hard sound fine m shows no difference in performance. Yet the light pops on. I'm just worried as the dealer said if it were serious it would pop on immediately n not after 50 miles of driving.

Being lean im afraid of blowing the engine

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently been getting the po 171 n 174 bank 1 n bank 2 system to lean

Tubi exhaust, conpetition airbox n ecu upgrade... Car pulls hard sound fine m shows no difference in performance. Yet the light pops on. I'm just worried as the dealer said if it were serious it would pop on immediately n not after 50 miles of driving.

Being lean im afraid of blowing the engine

Do you have the stock exhaust on your car?

No, it's definitely not the fans. It's coming from behind me as I press the gas pedal, and sounds like air sucking into the intake or engine or something. It's pretty loud.

Think thats the throttle bodies?

Not much more to add other than I kept 08 G in Florida, it would sit for 3-4 weeks at a time. Threw codes every time I went to drive it. Over a day or so of driving they went away. Got the condensation story about the manifolds, seemed to be accurate. I also was told it could be stale gas, the higher octain gas sometimes carries more water as it is not used as much at the pumps and is not filled up as much. Be careful where you buy your gas. I used to fill the car right before I would leave, thus it would sit full for a few weeks, thinking the full tank has less condensation. A mechanic told me to NOT fill the tank on departure but to go fill it upon my return to have the freshest gas. Stopped the problem immediately. If you drive it infrequently, may solve your issue. Not for sure this was a fix, but it has not done it since.

The sucking noise....humm....I hear a sucking noise right before I downshift, it is the e-gear.